NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I've signed up to do race for life with my sw group . 6 months ago I couldn't even run for the bus yet alone that far :) and I'm hoping to run it all

mrs big b said:
I've signed up to do race for life with my sw group . 6 months ago I couldn't even run for the bus yet alone that far :) and I'm hoping to run it all

Good for you!

I'm really excited by Race for Life this year. I'm going to sign up for the 10k event. I can now run for 8 1/2k in just over an hour, so will be ready perfectly by May.

Also I've just bought a pencil skirt in a size 12 which fits perfectly with no wrinkles over my thighs!!! Happy me!

Not had an NSV for a while, but today I bought some evening trousers, high waist... Size 14 from... Drum roll please... River Island... for £7 ! Amazeballs....

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

At SW class this morning, 5 different people not connected to each other all said they could see that I was looking slimmer :)

I paid the compliment back by admiring one of the younger girls in a short skirt in her now very skinny legs.

:D:eek: Just had to post my first NSV; hope it's not too much info but..can now pull a certain item of underwear over my tummy and it stays there instead of pooling underneath my tummy lol. I'm very proud of this moment and hope to be able to report more soon!! :Dxx

Wow you're amazing Mrs Big (Little!!) B!! As you are the same height as me and your original goal weight is the same as mine you are a great inspiration. Hope to be able to take up running (staggering lol) when I've lost enough weight for my poor old knees to take it xx:D

I am totally in awe of anyone who runs! I consider myself to be pretty fit, but have never been able to run without getting completely out of breath and turning purple. I quite like the thought of it and have even gone so far as to download the C25K podcast, which occaisionally comes up on my mp3 on random play. But that's it - I've never tried it. Respect to the runners :D

I'm with the others - I really respect all you ladies who are doing the Race For Life. I wouldn't manage it this year but maybe I should set myself a mini target for next year (although they've cancelled our one this year as 'only' 1,500 people did it last year!)

I've only been on SW for 2 weeks. Last week I lost 4lb. Weigh in tomorrow and I have no idea how I've done as I've only had a so-so week BUT I've just realised that the pain I had started to get in my left knee - it used to be a shooting pain once a day or so - hasn't happened for a few days.

It's amazing what a difference even just a few pounds can make.

I'm in size 14 jeans :) I bought them in December, and they then needed my Spanx underneath to do up properly, but now do up ok on thier own. wooooo

Had a great day today - just been and brought my first ever size 12 trousers/jeans (in the sale in Sainsbury's) and even better I have signed up for a Scuba diving evening in February, something I have always thought I would like to do but could not bring myself to try and squeeze in a wetsuite at 16.5 stone.
:)

Had a great day today - just been and brought my first ever size 12 trousers/jeans (in the sale in Sainsbury's) and even better I have signed up for a Scuba diving evening in February, something I have always thought I would like to do but could not bring myself to try and squeeze in a wetsuite at 16.5 stone.
:)
How exciting, I do hope you enjoy it. SW really can be life-changing.

Bit of an NSV / anti NSV.
Bought a large t shirt from tesco as I've been buying gradually smaller for about a week now ( no idea what size I am anymore ) and it fit ok.
Today I bought a large and extra large thermal shirt from aldi since they were cheap. Neither fit me properly. :(
They are both too short. Mainly because they have to stretch over my belly.
I guess that tesco sizes are a little bit more generous.
Looks like the "fits but too short" thing might be an ongoing problem. They don't seem to make long t shirts.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I am totally in awe of anyone who runs! I consider myself to be pretty fit, but have never been able to run without getting completely out of breath and turning purple. I quite like the thought of it and have even gone so far as to download the C25K podcast, which occaisionally comes up on my mp3 on random play. But that's it - I've never tried it. Respect to the runners :D
Leapfrog, try out the c25K, it is such an easy program to follow. I never ran when I was younger and at the tender age of 39 decided to try it out. I know the first night I went out I could just about manage the 30 sec running on the plan (well I was 14 stone at the time so that might not have helped). Now I am on week 9 of my 10K plan, I am even contemplating a half marathon later this year.

Go on... Give it a try out, you never know what your missing till you try it!!!!

When I got weighed in today at slimming world the ladies at the desk and the lady who weighs me were telling me how skinny I look now, and how different I look compared to when I walked in a year ago. me skinny? lol

Thanks for the support you lovely people added another minute tonight and i'm feeling good :) I am going to keep on this way till i look like Abbey Clancy!! hehehehehe! xxx

First NSV of new year and new start. Having reached a mini target last year I went off plan from October and had gained 8lbs (inc all the festive naughtiness)

The first thing I noticed when I put weight on was my bras got tighter around the back and didn't fit me as well as before. They seem to fit me again now! Woo! The weight on my back and sides seems to be the first to go.

Now thighs please! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back