NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Raided my wardrobe to try on from the varied selection of "I will buy these for when i lose weight" jeans...and 5 pairs of them are FAR too big!

After having a bad week, my size 16 (that I bought as a yay! treat for losing 1/2 stone) jeans keep falling down every 10mins..

Admittedly slightly stretchy, and my size 18 work pants are still snug but.. still.. right direction!

Well done everyone! You are all doing so well. Haven't got a current NSV to report but this thread is brilliant for giving me much needed motivation xxx

Was feeling kind of down the last couple of weeks. Had a "wtf gain" last week, and thought I'd do really, really well this week to make up for it, but only lost 2lb. So I was a bit down in the dumps. But today I looked at my "weight to lose" thing, and in four more pounds I'll be out of the nineties! I started with 120+ to lose. Two weeks' feeling sorry for myself seems quite silly now that I'm focused on the bigger picture.

Not quite non scale victory, but a victory is a victory!

choosing to do my wii fit instead of chucking down the choccie last night when i was in a foooooooooooooooooooooooooul mood :)

Well done! I reckon I might have had a little of the chocolate lol and then gone on the Wii to keep my mind off the rest of it haha

I have my Wii set up for tonight. Probably won't be able for much tomorrow (was digging in the garden earlier -- trenches around the patio for stone -- and will def be sore!) so I'll do some tonight and then I can lay around feeling sorry for my aching muscles tomorrow :p

I figured I could eat the chocolate and then be in an even fouler mood or just suck it up and get on the wii lol

That's a great approach. If my OH didn't practically hold the TV hostage every night playing stupid shooter games, I could probably do it more often lol

Had a really encouraging NSV today as i managed to squeeze my arse into a pair of 36" jeans from matalan! Now.......honestly......they were very tight on the thighs but they did up! :D which is the main thing.....few more weeks and i should be comfortably in them! Exciting :)

I was a 42" waist at the start of October 2011! :)

Also bought a couple of Large size t-shirts with no X's infront of the L :O they aren't very flattering yet but they fit :D started off at a XXL/XXXL back in Oct 2011! Very happy today needless to say! :D

32" waist !!!

Had a really encouraging NSV today as i managed to squeeze my arse into a pair of 36" jeans from matalan! Now.......honestly......they were very tight on the thighs but they did up! :D which is the main thing.....few more weeks and i should be comfortably in them! Exciting :)

I was a 42" waist at the start of October 2011! :)

Also bought a couple of Large size t-shirts with no X's infront of the L :O they aren't very flattering yet but they fit :D started off at a XXL/XXXL back in Oct 2011! Very happy today needless to say! :D

For fear of sounding like a teenager, that's so not fair! I reckon I need to loose another stone until I'm at a point I can think about trying on 36". But, out of the XL tops as well!

Well done!

My BMI is under 30 for the first time in years :-D 29 and going down!!!

I bought my son a pair of jeans yesterday, he has a 32" waist, for some bizarre reason I tried them on (he'd left them lying on the soda!) THEY FIT lol, ok my legs need to grow as he is 6.2 to my mere 5.7.

It is helping me forge the idea in my head that I must be slim, because he is!

Trango said:
I bought my son a pair of jeans yesterday, he has a 32" waist, for some bizarre reason I tried them on (he'd left them lying on the soda!) THEY FIT lol, ok my legs need to grow as he is 6.2 to my mere 5.7.

It is helping me forge the idea in my head that I must be slim, because he is!

Half the battle is in our heads, we still think we are big, and that's where nsv's are useful, because they remind us how well we are doing...xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

sleepytimesadie said:
Half the battle is in our heads, we still think we are big, and that's where nsv's are useful, because they remind us how well we are doing...xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Too true hun

trousers keep falling down ! flashing my knickers haha
xxx

Bought some new track bottoms today. Thought I'd chance a smaller size, so went for the 18s. I've so much room in them I reckon I'd get into the 16s comfortably. Yay!!!

Back