NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Last time we split (2 years ago for about 3 months) I was literally destroyed. I swore that if the time came where we needed to part ways again, that I would not be reduced to a quivering mass of tears and wine soaked clothes. I have had a teary moment, but nothing major. And I haven't been tempted by the alcohol...yet lol

That's amazing. I know what u mean though. Myself and my ex husband went through a similar thing. 2nd time we split was for good but thankfully I had some lovely friends around me and didn't feel the need to go back to such a destructive relationship. Still reached for the bottle though, then the takeaway menu so it's a real inspiration to see you're doing do well. Congratulations :-D

Mini non-scale victory: I may only have lost 4 lbs but my jeans that are usually a little snug when they first come out of the wash now fit around the waist much better :-D Still a little snug on the thighs but I'm taking it as a mini victory. Yay! :-D

My latest NSV is sticking to the plan this week, even though I've been having a bit of a rough time, since myself and OH split on Saturday morning. Go me! That's determination.

Ahhh Hun, hope your ok. Tough enough going through break up of long relationship, but remaining focused on sw is a great NV.
Hope the next few weeks, isn't too hard for you. Hang in there
love your Minimin friends x

Last edited:
I don't know if this counts, but to me it's a victory of sorts so I guess it does! I'm so so so glad I found this place and have joined because I lost a pound this week, and I know being honest with myself that if I hadn't joined this place I would have been a bit disappointed, but because I've been reading all these posts and getting points of view about losses, I know that a pound a week is still a good achievement and I'm proud of it.

Aunt gave me a coat today that is too big for her. Now it SAYS size 8... But seriously, it fits me quite well, buttons over waist and everything...

But I have size 16 jeans on today, and quite well gifted in the bra area... So if this coat is a size 8 i'm a monkey's uncle!

Still, I fit in a ' size 8' coat and it's hung on back of my door In front of the exercise bike now!! :D

ellierose988 said:
I don't know if this counts, but to me it's a victory of sorts so I guess it does! I'm so so so glad I found this place and have joined because I lost a pound this week, and I know being honest with myself that if I hadn't joined this place I would have been a bit disappointed, but because I've been reading all these posts and getting points of view about losses, I know that a pound a week is still a good achievement and I'm proud of it.

I love this! You're so right. I'm off to class now so hoping for my 1lb this week!

My BMI is now out of the 40s!!!!!!! I am so thrilled with this!

I love this thread-- keeps me grounded, making me think of what I have achieved so far.

And seeing how much I can achieve (like you all have/are doing) in the future :)

My latest NSV is sticking to the plan this week, even though I've been having a bit of a rough time, since myself and OH split on Saturday morning. Go me! That's determination.

Sorry to hear about your split. You are coping so well! That is a definite sign that you are winning the battle against emotional eating, I would definitely struggle with that. Good for you!:)

My NSV is that I bought a pair of size 16 jeans for £5 on a whim and they do actually fit. Ok they are stretch denim, but hey, I'm feeling good about it!

I'm in the 10st weight bracket for the 1st time since my early teens :) felt amazing seeing a 10 on those scales tonight . A real incentive to be 100% this week

xMandyDx said:

Well done you sb really proud of yourself xx

TickingEwe92 said:
Aunt gave me a coat today that is too big for her. Now it SAYS size 8... But seriously, it fits me quite well, buttons over waist and everything...

But I have size 16 jeans on today, and quite well gifted in the bra area... So if this coat is a size 8 i'm a monkey's uncle!

Still, I fit in a ' size 8' coat and it's hung on back of my door In front of the exercise bike now!! :D

Lol love it :))

xMandyDx said:
My BMI is now out of the 40s!!!!!!! I am so thrilled with this!

Well done fantastic :)

Morning Everyone :D

Just wanted to tell someone, I put on a belt this morning that I haven't worn for ages and did it up four holes in from where I wore it last time. I was so pleased. :clap:

That is great. Make you you leave the size tag sticking out the next time you wear it!! :D

Haha, I intend to!! And tell everyone I see! :D

The bus driver'll be thrilled! "One into town please, thanks... D'ya know this coat's a size 8??"

:p

Haha! Yeah, :D

Just strut up the bus hips wiggling and sliiiiiide into a seat smoothly... Haha, can't wait!

I need some confidence like that!

Back