NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Tried on pair of new look size 16 trousers I bought and wore in July 2009.

They're tight as hell, but they fasten!! And I can kinda walk in them!! Woohoo!! haha!

(current work trousers are size 18 so, it's progress!!)

I think it's an NSV.. Hubby said my boobs look massive.. Cos my waist is smaller!! X

A brilliant NSV! My boobs are a respectable size but look a lot smaller 'cos of my massive spare tyre!! Can't wait until it's gone!! xxx

I bought some size22 jeans from Asda, which is my size currently.. and they are massive! It's not even the stretch, they are falling down. So I've gone back today and bought some in a 20, I don't remember the last time I wore a 20 - my NL 20s don't fit yet, but still, these do! (Shame I can't return the 22s from wearing them in the snow!)

Hello everyone, this is my first NSV so it feels pretty momentous!!

Bumped into 3 people whom I haven't seen since Xmas (they weren't a group- 3 individuals!) and they ALL commented on the weight i'd lost. It's only 12lb so far but it must show! :D

After nice comments, came home to try on leggings that were an Xmas gift from my Mum. They made my legs look like sausage skins when I got them- now they are positively baggy :bliss:

Went for a CT scan yesterday and I could not only fit into the hospital gown it had acres to wrap around! :D previously I had to use two, one front and one back! And I couldnt even fit into the machine once :(

ermintrude said:
Went for a CT scan yesterday and I could not only fit into the hospital gown it had acres to wrap around! :D previously I had to use two, one front and one back! And I couldnt even fit into the machine once :(

Amazing nsv well done. You must feel great !

ermintrude said:

Absolutely amazing. Congrats on huge achievement :)

I bought some jeans in a size 20! First time in about 7 years or so... I think they're a generous 20, more a 21, but still very very happy :)

I've been to London this weekend, took loads of photos and I can honestly say there isn't one I don't like.
I'm normally really critical but my face looks thinner, the double chin has disappeared and I just look better!!!!

Completely Vain I know but who cares lol

ah, that's great! Not vain at all - it's one of the things I'm looking forward to when I get to target (or near it!). I completely took for granted being able to look at pics of myself and not find anything to hate about them!

missflips said:
I've been to London this weekend, took loads of photos and I can honestly say there isn't one I don't like.
I'm normally really critical but my face looks thinner, the double chin has disappeared and I just look better!!!!

Completely Vain I know but who cares lol

Although a lot of us are losing weight for our health I think we'd be lying if there wasn't a bit of vanity involved. Well done, that's a great NSV!

New member, my first post but I think it should be something so positive like this :D I have a few :D

1. When I was waiting to go in for meeting a few months back, a new joiner came up to me, and asked what I was doing here. I replied "Slimming World!" and she said "no, what are you doing here! you're skinny!" I was smiling all through the meeting :D

2. My friend told her friends I wanted to lose 2 more stone, and they replied (when I wasn't there) that I was slim enough and I didn't need to lose anything :)

3. When I was bigger, I had a pair of jeans that would barely button up. Tried them on today, and they're way too big :)

Well I'm bored, so just remembered a pair of black Next jeans I picked up at clothes swap in class, had them months, too much muffin top for them to fit. I've just tried them out, and they fit size 14 ?? And there's no stretch lol. It's been 5 months since I've outgrown my old jeans and worn any. It felt really weird. I still can't get used to this new body. :)

Well I'm bored, so just remembered a pair of black Next jeans I picked up at clothes swap in class, had them months, too much muffin top for them to fit. I've just tried them out, and they fit size 14 ?? And there's no stretch lol. It's been 5 months since I've outgrown my old jeans and worn any. It felt really weird. I still can't get used to this new body. :)

Blooming good feeling isn't it?
I nearly fell over putting a pair of jeans on last week. Normally I'd get to my thighs/hips and really have to pull them up, this time my leg slipped into them much easier than expected and I kinda lost my balance!

missflips said:
Blooming good feeling isn't it?
I nearly fell over putting a pair of jeans on last week. Normally I'd get to my thighs/hips and really have to pull them up, this time my leg slipped into them much easier than expected and I kinda lost my balance!

Brilliant! :)

Put my old size 10 shorts in to exercise this morning and they weren't sticking into my love handles! Yes they are stretchy and still tight on my backside but it's a start :-D

Have managed to stick to plan, despite being laid up with "acute mechanical back pain"... I've been craving the naughty stuff, so I'm quite proud that I've stuck to it, although I've been able to do 0 body magic this week, and hoping that won't mean I don't lose. I think if I have a gain or a STS I'll give in to the cravings lol

Back