NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Minky 1, cake nil.

I managed to not go and eat a piece. Of either of these cakes in the kitchen behind me at work, when previously I would have had a slice of each at my desk & guarantee a quick slice n scoff in the kitchen while no one was around.

image-1291645520.jpgimage-1439739075.jpg

Sorry cakes but I win my first food NSV :) xx

Minks ;)

snowwhite85 said:
That's brilliant. I gave in to free cookies at work yesterday. Free food shouldn't be allowed calories ;-)

My mum used to do WW and in the jargon it said about food on YOUR plate so she would nick chips off everyone else's and say they are fine, they aren't on my plate :D x

Minks ;)

Wore a dress today that i normally wear a thick cardi over to hide the lumps and bumps but was running late and couldnt find my cardi so had to do without.
Girl in work said i looked fab and she could really see the weight loss now as i wasnt hiding behind baggy things.
Mum told me i looked brill in it.
Hubby said he could see a massive difference too.
Plus looked in the mirror and i couldnt see many lumpy bits.

Think i might forget my cardi more often...

Vickypie 1 - pizza 0 :)
There were 7 (!!) pizzas for my team today, they looked and smelt bloody delicious but I didn't touch a piece - there was loads left over and I still resisted :) reallyreallyreally want a big loss this week.

What a lovely thread! I'm new - only on week 2 so I'm not showing any noticeable signs of weight loss yet. But my first little NSV was my hubby telling me that he was proud of me for starting the group and that he can't wait to go running with me. Maybe one day I'll beat him in a race! :)

As it's been snowing my fleece lined trousers have come out. 2 winters ago they were so tight I used to hold them up with a belt as the button wouldn't fasten. Today I wore them on top of another pair of trousers to go to work and had to hold them up with a belt as they slide straight off.

Tiphareth said:
As it's been snowing my fleece lined trousers have come out. 2 winters ago they were so tight I used to hold them up with a belt as the button wouldn't fasten. Today I wore them on top of another pair of trousers to go to work and had to hold them up with a belt as they slide straight off.

That really is a cool NSV...

I keep getting comments about how much thinner my face is, which is nice!! Even more so since I had my shoulder length hair cut back to chin length last week. It was the last bit of me to look fat, if that makes sense, so probably right to be the first bit to get thin again!

3 for me today!
Went to the range and sat with father in law while he had a coffee and noticed feeling uncomfortable because I could by bum bones on the chair! Me with bum bones lol
Went with him later to burger king and easily resisted :D what used to be my thing to eat several times a week
While sitting in burger king noticed how much of huge gap between me and the table where I used struggle so much to fit into the seat

3 for me today!
Went to the range and sat with father in law while he had a coffee and noticed feeling uncomfortable because I could by bum bones on the chair! Me with bum bones lol
Went with him later to burger king and easily resisted :D what used to be my thing to eat several times a week
While sitting in burger king noticed how much of huge gap between me and the table where I used struggle so much to fit into the seat

Well done on such a great loss. Sounds like you had a great day :D

Kind of scale related, but not mine so I'm claiming it as a NSV.
A bloke at work ( back where I worked as fat me for 5 years again ) has been inspired / shamed into doing something about his weight and is doing SW since his wife was already doing it and I recommended it.
He has lost 10 lbs his first week on it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Saw a friend I hadn't seen in a few weeks today and she commented that I'd lost weight! Lovely to hear, especially from someone I hadn't seen in a while as that way I'm more likely to believe it. Also, she didn't know I'd been trying.

Back