NSVs - Non Scale Victories

frankied said:
While sitting in burger king noticed how much of huge gap between me and the table where I used struggle so much to fit into the seat

blast you, I now have the urge to go into McDonalds to see if I fit in the booths now.
I haven't set foot in one for nearly 18 months.
Oh wait that's not strictly true.. Went into one for a coffee at 06:40 on Dec 28 as I was waiting for someone to open work.
I didn't sit down however and only bought a black coffee.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

That's ace Coljack, must be so cool to inspire people (you're certainly inspiring me!)

Two NSVs for me yesterday:

1) I bought a jacket from the New Look main range in an 18 (snug when fastened, but fits) for the first time... ever! I've never bought anything below a 20 from there since we've had a store in my town!

2) my best friend said to me 'this may sound mean, but I don't mean it like that... before now I never knew you had a shape, I thought your shape was just...ROUND, but now I can see as you lose that you've got a nice womanly shape ' I was BEAMING last night!

I can cross my legs now too and also I can walk upstairs to go to the loo without getting out of breath. :wee:

Losing an inch of my waist, an inch off my hips and four(?!) from around my bust in two and a half weeks :)

Also going to my boyfriend's housemate's birthday do last night, being confronted with yummy crappy food and limiting myself to one small, 4.5 syn, cookie. Not even a slice of birthday cake.

Climbed up 2 (small!) flights of stairs today and realised I had made it to the top without having to hang on for dear life to the bannister rail! xxx

Husband just exclaimed "where has rest of your bottom gone?!" :-D

Went shopping today, tried a size 18 on and it was really baggy, so bought the 16 instead! :') last time I was a 16 on top was... gosh, I don't know ;)

I tried on my size 14 jeans id put to the back of the wardrobe and they fit, yip ee the only down size is there a bit out of fashion now lol

Who cares Vanessa? Wear them inside out so everyone can see the label :)

Last edited:
Had a trying on session the other night and now have more jeans I can wear :D as they fit again. Also got into some size 14 jeans, ok huge muffin top going on but still they done up - hopefully they'll fit properly in the next few weeks/months x

I bought two size 18 dresses this weekend. One is a little bit tight so I can't wear it yet without mega control pants (you know, the ones that go from your knees to your bra!) but they are size 18! I know that I am not actually that size, as I'm still mostly in between a 20-22 but the very fact that I bought something from New Look that wasn't in the Inspire range felt like a massive NSV!

Just got mesen a pair of size 22 trousers :cool: I used to not fit in a 32/34. (Granted they are a bizarre fit and by rights my ass should not fit in there, but hey :rolleyes: )

My ass rocks! :massmoon:

ermintrude said:
Just got mesen a pair of size 22 trousers :cool: I used to not fit in a 32/34. (Granted they are a bizarre fit and by rights my ass should not fit in there, but hey :rolleyes: )

My ass rocks! :massmoon:

I managed to get mine into a 22 from Evans a couple of months ago and was over the moon, then a few weeks later a 22 from Asda, £10!!! It's a great feeling when you can pick up stuff in the supermarket and I cant wait to move down to a 20!!

Who cares Vanessa? Wear them inside out so everyone can see the label :)

Totally agree with Jez Vanessa hon - if you feel good in them - wear them! Personally when I can fit back into all my clothes from as far back as the 90s I will be wearing them! :giggle: xxx

Back