NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Just got mesen a pair of size 22 trousers :cool: I used to not fit in a 32/34. (Granted they are a bizarre fit and by rights my ass should not fit in there, but hey :rolleyes: )

My ass rocks! :massmoon:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Love you Erm!! That is a brilliant achievement xxx

I bought two size 18 dresses this weekend. One is a little bit tight so I can't wear it yet without mega control pants (you know, the ones that go from your knees to your bra!) but they are size 18! I know that I am not actually that size, as I'm still mostly in between a 20-22 but the very fact that I bought something from New Look that wasn't in the Inspire range felt like a massive NSV!

Well done Supergirl that is brill! Do New Look have a 'big bird' range? Never dared venture in anywhere that isn't Evans or a catalogue :D xxx

Unfortunately my daughters friend has gone back to Australlia :cry:but my nsv is that I have been able to have a few of the clothes that she didn't want to carry back with her! Smaller sizes(12's and 14's) than when I was there age! :D

Aww - that's sad but a great NSV nonetheless! xxx

I managed to get mine into a 22 from Evans a couple of months ago and was over the moon, then a few weeks later a 22 from Asda, £10!!! It's a great feeling when you can pick up stuff in the supermarket and I cant wait to move down to a 20!!

That's great Debsie! xxx

Had a trying on session the other night and now have more jeans I can wear :D as they fit again. Also got into some size 14 jeans, ok huge muffin top going on but still they done up - hopefully they'll fit properly in the next few weeks/months x

That muffin top'll soon be gone hon. Well done! xxx

Unfortunately I like my cakes so resistance is futile :-(, so I have a plan. I'm going to make my own :). Any ideas on how to keep the suns low?

Well done Supergirl that is brill! Do New Look have a 'big bird' range? Never dared venture in anywhere that isn't Evans or a catalogue :D xxx

Yep, there is a big bird range, or fat girl range as I call it. It isn't in every store, just the bigger ones. I find their stuff hit and miss, some of it can be really lovely but a lot of the trousers are made of really cheap material that goes shiny after a few washes. I like their jeans though and come Christmas they do some decent party wear. Hopefully it won't be too long until I don't need to shop in the fat girl range though!

Yep, there is a big bird range, or fat girl range as I call it. It isn't in every store, just the bigger ones. I find their stuff hit and miss, some of it can be really lovely but a lot of the trousers are made of really cheap material that goes shiny after a few washes. I like their jeans though and come Christmas they do some decent party wear. Hopefully it won't be too long until I don't need to shop in the fat girl range though!

Lol! Will have to check it out. The size 26 jeans I'm currently wearing are falling off now. Do they go up to size 24? xxx

I think the New Look big bird range (like that) is pretty good for the money. Sometimes a bit boring but cheaper than Evans or Simply Be for basics like jeans and inoffensive tops. Think they do go up to a 24 Becky x

Was feeling fed up yesterday do popped into matalan for a browse. Went and tried a few things on and fitted into a size 10 trouser. Made me feel much better and left with a huge smile without buying them.

I think the New Look big bird range (like that) is pretty good for the money. Sometimes a bit boring but cheaper than Evans or Simply Be for basics like jeans and inoffensive tops. Think they do go up to a 24 Becky x

Thanks Jez - will def. check them out! xxx

Unfortunately I like my cakes so resistance is futile :-(, so I have a plan. I'm going to make my own :). Any ideas on how to keep the suns low?

I posted a recipe inn the recipe section for lemon cupcakes, but you could switch the lemon for strawberry flavouring or orange or something :)

This is more of a scale victory really but.......carried on going to sw throughout my pregnancy and gained 2 st 3.5lb, went straight back to group the wk after my beautiful son was born(7lb7oz).....10 wks later pregnancy weight gone so back to my 4 st loss......im so chuffed. Heres to the next 4 st lol

Half way through week 6 of couch to 5k...ran for 20 minutes without stopping!! Such a great feeling, pity it's not making any difference on the scales!!

Don't know if this is a compliment or not but hubbys just said I've got arms like madonna lol wish I had her money !!

Back