NSVs - Non Scale Victories

mrs big b said:
Don't know if this is a compliment or not but hubbys just said I've got arms like madonna lol wish I had her money !!

Hmmm take it as a compliment from him but I agree I'd wonder at it!!!!

Matalan do a nice range of larger sizes AND even better their sizes are generous! Not much choice but they wash and wear really well and are cheaper than Evans etc xxxx

Half way through week 6 of couch to 5k...ran for 20 minutes without stopping!! Such a great feeling, pity it's not making any difference on the scales!!

Thats brill! Have you seen the couch to 5k thread? Theres a few of us that haven't been losing while doing it :confused: frustrating but hopefully it will be worth it soon! Have you taken your measurements so you can see if you lose inches to help keep you motivated?

Didn't even know there was a couch to 5k thread! I wish I had taken my measurements before I started but never even thought of it...I just keep hoping it'll catch up on the scales one of these days!!!

Brought my first pair of size 12 jeans today and they are super skinny ones too! They are a little tight still but defiantly do up well , I'm sooo exicted about it (I started in a size 24)

This is more of a scale victory really but.......carried on going to sw throughout my pregnancy and gained 2 st 3.5lb, went straight back to group the wk after my beautiful son was born(7lb7oz).....10 wks later pregnancy weight gone so back to my 4 st loss......im so chuffed. Heres to the next 4 st lol

Oh that's fantastic jojo! Congratulations on your little one. You're proof that sw works during pregnancy. Gives me hope if I ever manage to conceive. xxx

Half way through week 6 of couch to 5k...ran for 20 minutes without stopping!! Such a great feeling, pity it's not making any difference on the scales!!

That's a great achievement Poppy. I really want to try this when I've lost a bit more. I can only dream of running for 20mins without stopping at the mo! xxx

Brought my first pair of size 12 jeans today and they are super skinny ones too! They are a little tight still but defiantly do up well , I'm sooo exicted about it (I started in a size 24)

:wow: !! That's brilliant frankied! Well done you xxx

Hmmm take it as a compliment from him but I agree I'd wonder at it!!!!

Matalan do a nice range of larger sizes AND even better their sizes are generous! Not much choice but they wash and wear really well and are cheaper than Evans etc xxxx

Have they changed their sizing in recent years do you think Shirleen? I know they do a Rogers and Rogers range. I remember going in about 8 years ago when I was an 18 at high street shops like Monsoon and Dorothy Perkins (Oh happy days!!). I bought a load of stuff home to try on including 20s and 22s and nothing fitted. Maybe they're a bit better now. xxx

I bought some jeans in There and they were only £11.99 a pair! Great bargain for when slimming as your not wasting too much money when changing sizes xxx

Minks ;)

Thanks Minks. Defo going to check them out! xxx

frankied said:

:bravo:

I love a success story!

This technically is a scale victory but my BMI is finally in the 28's! It's been a long time since I've been there! :)

Having bit of a tough time emotionally at moment (topped off today by friend making me lunch & it couldn't have been less sw friendly so frustrated at the waste of syns when didn't even enjoy it & couldn't say no) so tonight i went to Asda with the full intention of thinking blow the plan, buying an apple pie & tin custard to cheer myself up. when i got there, i didn't fancy the pie so was going to have a cake instead. I Couldn't make my mind up so was considering getting few options, but then i realised what i was doing, looked at the cals in them & thought its not worth the syns and walked out without anything. Came home & had some turkey slices & salad (all syn free).

THis might not be a big deal to others, but for me, pre SW feeling down meant eating lots (& I mean numerous cakes, crisps, choc all in one sitting) of comfort food to cheer me up & so stopping myself and being that much in control was a HUGE step for me and i won't have the guilt in the morning either. Proud of myself x

That's fantastic Slimbysummer, well done :)

Have they changed their sizing in recent years do you think Shirleen? I know they do a Rogers and Rogers range. I remember going in about 8 years ago when I was an 18 at high street shops like Monsoon and Dorothy Perkins (Oh happy days!!). I bought a load of stuff home to try on including 20s and 22s and nothing fitted. Maybe they're a bit better now. xxx

It was their Rogers and Rogers range, I was a size 28 top (at least) and got into a 26 in there!

Had my first NSV in ages tonight and I'm a seriously happy bunny. :D

We went out to our local bar for a quiz night where we sit outside (we're smokers !!!!) and I usually wear loads of clothes to keep warm.

When I wore my ski thermal the other week I noticed just how huge they were so for a laugh tonight I tried hubby's on.

And they fitted me! He takes a size 30" jeans! Ok they are a bit baggy on him but I got them over my bum! Yay !!!!!! :D

My husband and I went to a hotel for valentines night and after a bath the hotel towel actually went round me without big gaping gaps! And the hotel bathrobe fitted too. I was able to open the door to the room service staff in the bathrobe! Previously I have dived into the bathroom if anyone knocks on the door so that I didn't flash them my lardy bits!

Supergirl1980 said:
My husband and I went to a hotel for valentines night and after a bath the hotel towel actually went round me without big gaping gaps! And the hotel bathrobe fitted too. I was able to open the door to the room service staff in the bathrobe! Previously I have dived into the bathroom if anyone knocks on the door so that I didn't flash them my lardy bits!

You'll have to call them 'lady bits' now!

Go you! That's a fab one!
When I get to Target I want a waffle knit robe like you get in a Spa. I want to look svelte in it!

Supergirl1980 said:

Shirleen said:
You'll have to call them 'lady bits' now!

Go you! That's a fab one!
When I get to Target I want a waffle knit robe like you get in a Spa. I want to look svelte in it!

Shirleen - you made me laugh - at work so shouldn't really!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back