NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Was told by my hairdresser who only ever sees me bundled up in a robe as she cuts my hair at home yesterday that I had a cracking figure for a woman my age bless her... I bumped into her in town and was wearing jeans and t-shirt...

Having bit of a tough time emotionally at moment (topped off today by friend making me lunch & it couldn't have been less sw friendly so frustrated at the waste of syns when didn't even enjoy it & couldn't say no) so tonight i went to Asda with the full intention of thinking blow the plan, buying an apple pie & tin custard to cheer myself up. when i got there, i didn't fancy the pie so was going to have a cake instead. I Couldn't make my mind up so was considering getting few options, but then i realised what i was doing, looked at the cals in them & thought its not worth the syns and walked out without anything. Came home & had some turkey slices & salad (all syn free).

THis might not be a big deal to others, but for me, pre SW feeling down meant eating lots (& I mean numerous cakes, crisps, choc all in one sitting) of comfort food to cheer me up & so stopping myself and being that much in control was a HUGE step for me and i won't have the guilt in the morning either. Proud of myself x
That is an amazing NSV slimbysummer, that took enormous will power. Fair play to you.

Bought a belt to keep my trousers up - it is size S/M!!! God I cant remember the last time I bought something that even had an M on it never mind an S.

A small victory for me, but one I am claiming anyway. I have been losing weight so slowly over December and January and always seem to have an excuse for it, so I decided last week to meal plan which worked and this week I have spent 2 afternoons making lots of yummy SW meals and soups and then frezzing and labelling them for our dinners this week.

I now have a curry in the Slow Cooker which I will freeze and defrost through the week.

I will have another weight loss this week :)

I've just tried on my dress I wore to my Xmas night out exactly 2 months ago and it's too big! :-D

Have been holding onto this one since last night as I wasn't sure if I would do it tonight.....

On a whim, decided last night to get a couple of new cheap t-shirts from Asda. While there, saw a pair of cargo jeans. Sort of picked up a size 36" waist. Wasn't sure if they would fit. Bought without trying on. Thinking that they will do in a few weeks time as the 38"s I've got are getting a bit loose.

They got worn to SW tonight! :D

Little bit of a muffin top as you girlies would say, but they fit!

I can't actually remember the last time I owned, let alone could wear a pair of 36" trousers!

Last edited:
Nice one Artic. It's a really fantastic feelinbg when you finally hit a smaller size, isn't it?

Omg! Trying to find clothes for work and picked up my old new look size 10 jeans, just to try: they fit!! In fact the waistband (although they're low) is a little baggy. Eeeeek! So excited. :D Well done everyone on your NSVs, we rock! :D

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Have been holding onto this one since last night as I wasn't sure if I would do it tonight.....

On a whim, decided last night to get a couple of new cheap t-shirts from Asda. While there, saw a pair of cargo jeans. Sort of picked up a size 36" waist. Wasn't sure if they would fit. Bought without trying on. Thinking that they will do in a few weeks time as the 38"s I've got are getting a bit loose.

I can't actually remember the last time I owned, let alone could wear a pair of 36" trousers!

Well done you Mr NotGrey!

My area manager at work told me the reason i'm so cold all the time is because of all the weight I've lost........she then said I needed to get a pie in a bap or two down me!!!!

Sounds like victory to me ( I ignored her advice ) :)

Vitology said:
My area manager at work told me the reason i'm so cold all the time is because of all the weight I've lost........she then said I needed to get a pie in a bap or two down me!!!!

Nothing to do with her being cheap and not putting the heating up??

Well done! I used to hate skinny people who were cold all the time whilst I sweltered!

Lil Pet Dragon said:
Unfortunately I like my cakes so resistance is futile :-(, so I have a plan. I'm going to make my own :). Any ideas on how to keep the suns low?

Have a look on Facebook for the slimming world cake lady, she has like a bazillion recipes for low syn cakes n stuff :)

Off poorly and going a bit loopy with cabin fever so tried on every dress in my wardrobe and none of them were too tight (sizes 10 and 12). :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:woohoo:! Nice one Arctic_blonde! xxx

Off poorly and going a bit loopy with cabin fever so tried on every dress in my wardrobe and none of them were too tight (sizes 10 and 12). :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's brilliant eanceoil! Bet that's made you feel a bit better! xxx

Have a look on Facebook for the slimming world cake lady, she has like a bazillion recipes for low syn cakes n stuff :)

Found her! Brilliant, thanks! xxx

Nothing to do with her being cheap and not putting the heating up??

Well done! I used to hate skinny people who were cold all the time whilst I sweltered!

I know EXACTLY what you mean Shirleen!:D xxx

Ha! Bet she's jealous! Well done you xxx

I've got a bra that I have only worn once because it was tight around my back and gave me far too many rolls of back fat and I'm pleased to say that I've put it on today and it fits perfectly and there's no dreaded back fat! Victory!

Back