NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Sugarpuff Sophie said:
I've got a bra that I have only worn once because it was tight around my back and gave me far too many rolls of back fat and I'm pleased to say that I've put it on today and it fits perfectly and there's no dreaded back fat! Victory!

And it will be so much better for you than being too tight, no back ache and uncomfortable shoulders... Wearing the right size bra is one of the best things you can do for your posture and the way you move... Well done...xx

A couple for me!

A few months before SW I bought a belt in Large as a Medium was too small. The Large belt is now too big- the tightest hole just doesn't do nothing!

I have a Nomination bracelet which was made to fit my wrist. It's now noticeably bigger and I can probably remove another link :D

Had one last night.
Neighbour stopped me on the way into the house and said "hope you don't mind me saying but you've lost loads of weight, how did you do it? ".

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Need to order new work uniform: in a Small! Ok, so they're probably men's sizes (they're very basic unshapely t-shirts) but still :-D

Don't knock it snowwhite - that's a great NSV! :D xxx

Had one last night.
Neighbour stopped me on the way into the house and said "hope you don't mind me saying but you've lost loads of weight, how did you do it? ".

That's fab - well done! Did you tell them all about sw and how brill it is?! xxx

mine is my aunt telling me I look great. it's such a compliment from her 'co she's struggled with weight and beaten it to get to a point where she's comfortable and healthier. she knows it's hard lol.

How about this for a NSV... I found this thread! It disappeared from the main page sticky area! I must have sat there for half an hour saying to myself..."no. it HAS to be there, I'm just not seeing it!" haha

Anyway, this weeks' NSV has to be the start of my jogging career lol. Twice this week I've broken into a jog while out walking. This is major. I can't remember the last time I jogged anywhere. I've never had the inclination, nor the ability to jog. Now I know I do, even if I can only do little bursts at a time.

Another is.... I've already done it. I know, I know I have a long way to go still, but in all fairness I already feel as if it's a done deal, I just have to wait for the timer to run out on the scales. I've never stuck to a diet, (sorry! Healthy eating plan :p) for more than a few weeks, before getting disheartened by the sheer amount of time it was going to take and the desperate empty feeling in my stomach from hunger. But now... I'm already there. I just have to wait for my figure to catch up ;)

Well, last year my neighbour gave me a bag of clothes for my Niece, from her super gorgeous skinny Niece. anyways there were a pair of Miss Sixty skinny jeans in there, which would be too long for my Niece. So I put them away. And walked into Slimming world soon after ( June). At the time I couldn't get them up to my knees ,let alone anything else. Last night I came across said jeans, and thought hmm, curious. So tried them on, I got them on, but there's about inch or two before buttoning up. I was size 20 back in June, the jeans are size 30? 10 UK , I'm slightly in shock still lol, and in no doubt I still have some muffin top to go. But I'm amazed I have ever go n them! :) well done everyone xxx

I won a professional photo shoot and pictures just before Christmas and my boyfriend and I had the pictures taken yesterday. We don't get to see them fully until next week, but even from seeing them on his camera I looked slim! And the photographer said I had a good figure. I can now replace some of the photos around the house with "old me" in them for "new and improved me". I now don't look out of context when I'm next to my super slim boyfriend!

This time last year I wouldn't even have entered the competition because I would have hated having my photo taken. This year I loved it!

Buying a size 12 jacket from primark (starting size, 22!) woooooohoooooooo!!!!!

Sounds stupid but sitting in the dining room chairs at my boyfriend's house for the first time in ages and not having to squeeze myself in between the arms as before :)

I ran (or maybe it was so slow I should call it a jog?) 2.5 miles today - might not sound much, but its a big achievement for me as I'm not a runner at all!!

I met up with a load of mates from a forum this weekend (including a few people that are on here too) for the first time in a year, and I lost count of the amount of people who complimented me on my weightloss so far. I struggled to accept it, and wittered about having a long way to go - but I was really pleased that they could see it - especially since I felt I could (though the pictures that are appearing don't seem to agree)

That's fab - well done! Did you tell them all about sw and how brill it is?! xxx

Even better, take them with you to group & you may get a free week for yourself :)

Now then Bubbs. You look amazing in all the pictures I've seen. *wags fingers*

(so this doesn't look completely stalkerish to everyone else on this thread.. I know Bubbs from that forum, but was unable to go to the meet she mentions!!)

Just got back from mom and dads.
Firstly I didn't have anything to eat there since I had my lovely cooked tea waiting at home ( usually a quarter of a pork pie and a slice of chocolate roll )..
Secondly, a bloke from our group ( mom and dad go too ) brought some of his old jeans in for me Thursday (which I didn't go to because I was ill) and mom gave them to me tonight.
Size 42.... And they fit!!!
They are snug but are wearable. ( like most big people I preferred baggy clothes to hide the real shape of me.)

Back