NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Oh I have some NSVs :D

Started wearing a pair of jeans that I found rolled up in my wardrobe, they didn't fit a few months ago :D

Whilst having a clear out of the wardrobe, I tried on a top that is practically brand new (bought in summer but never worn) and it's too big! :)

My size 28 jeans are now in the "I'm keeping these to wear when I'm thin and pose in my 'after' pictures" pile in the wardrobe :D

I somehow managed to get into a size 20 top that I found, but only because I didn't realise it was a 20 and squeezed myself into it lol. Not wearable, but give me a few months and it might be :D

This week: I've fitted into a pair of jeans that I couldn't get on 3 weeks ago.

My bro in law and sister noticed the loss this week :)

My hairdresser (whom I havent seen since last Oct as she was out on maternity leave) said she had to look twice at me as she didnt recognise little old skinny me!!!

I have another one but it's not recent and I forgot about this thread when it happened but I'm posting it now anyway cos I'm still chuffed about it!!

When I first started college in August the lab coats (biggest was 52") were a bit tight, and to feel comfortable I bought my own, which was fine but after xmas the new semester started and we began microbiology, these lessons need a different style of labcoat so I had to use what they had (again 52") so as we lined up to collect our coats I was bricking it tbh, thinking oh god it won't fit and I'll have to ask for a bigger one, everyone will laugh, they won't have one for me and I'll get kicked out.. the usual thoughts.... Well, it fitted perfectly! And I have room to wear my cardigan underneath if its cold in the lab :D

Should mention that the lecturer was going on about getting a coat in a bigger size as the micro coats were quite snug and double breasted, which added to my "oh no it won't fit" thoughts. I have a theory he thinks he's thinner than he is though and didn't want to admit to needing a bigger coat so told us all they were smaller than the label said ;):D

NSV yesterday. I tried on a pair of knee high boots in a normal shop and they did up. Not wide calf, just normal thin person boots.

I was soooooo thrilled!

NSV yesterday. I tried on a pair of knee high boots in a normal shop and they did up. Not wide calf, just normal thin person boots.

I was soooooo thrilled!

That's fab! Well done! This is one NSV I'm looking forward to. Can't even get into Evan's widest fitting knee high's at the mo!!

I realised today that my stomach no longer sticks out further than my boobs. :D

mine is my aunt telling me I look great. it's such a compliment from her 'co she's struggled with weight and beaten it to get to a point where she's comfortable and healthier. she knows it's hard lol.

That's lovely - especially coming from someone who know how hard it is xxx

How about this for a NSV... I found this thread! It disappeared from the main page sticky area! I must have sat there for half an hour saying to myself..."no. it HAS to be there, I'm just not seeing it!" haha

Anyway, this weeks' NSV has to be the start of my jogging career lol. Twice this week I've broken into a jog while out walking. This is major. I can't remember the last time I jogged anywhere. I've never had the inclination, nor the ability to jog. Now I know I do, even if I can only do little bursts at a time.

Another is.... I've already done it. I know, I know I have a long way to go still, but in all fairness I already feel as if it's a done deal, I just have to wait for the timer to run out on the scales. I've never stuck to a diet, (sorry! Healthy eating plan :p) for more than a few weeks, before getting disheartened by the sheer amount of time it was going to take and the desperate empty feeling in my stomach from hunger. But now... I'm already there. I just have to wait for my figure to catch up ;)

Wow! Well done you! It is my ambition to do the couch to 5k in time so you are an inspiration! xxx

Oh I have some NSVs :D

Started wearing a pair of jeans that I found rolled up in my wardrobe, they didn't fit a few months ago :D

Whilst having a clear out of the wardrobe, I tried on a top that is practically brand new (bought in summer but never worn) and it's too big! :)

My size 28 jeans are now in the "I'm keeping these to wear when I'm thin and pose in my 'after' pictures" pile in the wardrobe :D

I somehow managed to get into a size 20 top that I found, but only because I didn't realise it was a 20 and squeezed myself into it lol. Not wearable, but give me a few months and it might be :D

:woohoo:!! As a size 28 and now a 26 I can relate to this!! xxx

That's fab! Well done! This is one NSV I'm looking forward to. Can't even get into Evan's widest fitting knee high's at the mo!!

Speaking of Evans, brings me nicely to my own little NSV. For 2 years haven't been able to fit into their largest size tights. Put an old pair on this morning in desperation and they fit perfectly xxx

beckyn22 said:
:woohoo:!! As a size 28 and now a 26 I can relate to this!! xxx

It's amazing when you get into the next size down isn't it? I realised today as I was getting dressed that these jeans (ones I found rolled up) are a 24!!! I honestly thought they were a 26 :D

I can't get into knee high boots from Evans but I can get into them in M&S and Wallis- get your head around that one!!!

My size 18 college trousers that were skin tight last september are now falling down on me :D feels good - even if i did almost expose myself during an assessment today lol :p

Just Collected a load of size 16 stuff and I'm only 2inches off the trousers fastening!
And some knee boots (pull on) that I can get on-tight but still on xx

My barber remembered me and said I'd lost loads of weight. Good memory since I haven't been in for about 2 years.
I fit easily in the chair too, didn't touch the sides where before I had to wedge myself in.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
My barber remembered me and said I'd lost loads of weight. Good memory since I haven't been in for about 2 years.
I fit easily in the chair too, didn't touch the sides where before I had to wedge myself in.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Wow fab!

Last night i ran for 20 mins non stop :) considering i thought that was impossible, am very happy!

Was just walking through the canteen, and a woman who used to work on my floor collared me (in front of loads of people) and said 'You've lost bloody loads of weight you! Wow, How much have you lost?' and I said 'almost 2&ahalf st on slimming world so far' Admittedly I said 'it's not loads, at least not in comparison' and did that whole not-really-accepting-your-compliment-really thing, but it was really nice to hear. :)

Back