NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Have this vision of us with our trousers round our ankles shouting 'Yes,yes.yes!'!!!

:8855: :8855: :8855: ::cry: am nearly crying with laughter at that Shirleen!!! xxx

Posting an NSV to cheer myself up as just taken some pictures of myself to document my journey and looked a lot bigger than I thought :sigh:. Having lost 18lbs I was feeling all good and slim lol although at size 26 can't really be described as slim by any stretch of the imagination. Anyway, measured myself and discovered that since 14th January I have lost 2 inches from my bust, waist and lower hips and...5 inches from round my tummy! (Hope this counts!) :woohoo: Feel bit better now! xxx

Woohoo well done!! :D

A NSV that's made me laugh..my knees are less knobbly ha ha ha!! Ive only lost half a stone but been doing C25K for 5 weeks now so that must be whats helping xx

beckyn22 said:
Posting an NSV to cheer myself up as just taken some pictures of myself to document my journey and looked a lot bigger than I thought :sigh:. Having lost 18lbs I was feeling all good and slim lol although at size 26 can't really be described as slim by any stretch of the imagination. Anyway, measured myself and discovered that since 14th January I have lost 2 inches from my bust, waist and lower hips and...5 inches from round my tummy! (Hope this counts!) :woohoo: Feel bit better now! xxx

Keep it up chick :) Good work xxx

beckyn22 said:

Well done Becky. That's brilliant!

I finished my first 30 min run on Tues. All set now for my first 5k race on Saturday!

Harebell Fairy said:
I ran for 2 miles on Monday night! 2 miles!!!!! Can't believe it!
Then 1.5 miles tonight after spin class. Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's immense :) Well done you!! I do spin too - isnt it crazy!! How did you get started running? Xxx

Woohoo well done!! :D

A NSV that's made me laugh..my knees are less knobbly ha ha ha!! Ive only lost half a stone but been doing C25K for 5 weeks now so that must be whats helping xx

Thank you my lovely. :8855: at knobbly knees but I know just what you mean! I LOVE hearing about C25k. you're doing an amazing job xxx

2 NSVs for me. A lady I work with said to me, "the weight is really falling off you- you look fab".
Secondly, and as for as I am concerned this is the most impressive of my NSVs to date, hubby bought a box of krispy kreme donuts on Sunday that have been sitting in my kitchen. Despite him saying "you've lost 4 stone you deserve a treat" I have eaten the grand sum of HALF an original glazed ring one. Just half. And I looooooove krispy kreme!

2 NSVs for me. A lady I work with said to me, "the weight is really falling off you- you look fab".
Secondly, and as for as I am concerned this is the most impressive of my NSVs to date, hubby bought a box of krispy kreme donuts on Sunday that have been sitting in my kitchen. Despite him saying "you've lost 4 stone you deserve a treat" I have eaten the grand sum of HALF an original glazed ring one. Just half. And I looooooove krispy kreme!

That's a fantastic NSV Supergirl!! OMG why do people DO that? I know they mean well but... xxx

Having fitted into a size 14 believing it to be a 16 last week, Ive now got two more things which are a 14 that fit and Ive had to by new undies in a 14 as the others kept sliding down. I might have had a bit of an up and down fortnight weightwise but my shape is definitely changing!

Very rare day off from work so thought if make an effort for the other half coming home... Made him homemade pizza dough and garlic bread for later along with full fat choc cupcakes... Not touched one!! Not even eating the frosting... xx

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Last night I was on-call. Took my tea and breakfast into work.

Managed to go through last night with only left over paellla and a punnet of plums! :eek:

Normally end up giving in to craving and buying something from the Colonel!

PS (Colonel Gaddafi = NAAFI)

And I thought you meant the kfc!!

Having fitted into a size 14 believing it to be a 16 last week, Ive now got two more things which are a 14 that fit and Ive had to by new undies in a 14 as the others kept sliding down. I might have had a bit of an up and down fortnight weightwise but my shape is definitely changing!

That's fab! Well done piX xxx

Very rare day off from work so thought if make an effort for the other half coming home... Made him homemade pizza dough and garlic bread for later along with full fat choc cupcakes... Not touched one!! Not even eating the frosting... xx

Well done Lisa. Not an easy thing to do! :drool: xxx

Well done Sinead - that's brill!! And thanks for your kind words xxx

evilpenguin said:
I have another one but it's not recent and I forgot about this thread when it happened but I'm posting it now anyway cos I'm still chuffed about it!!

When I first started college in August the lab coats (biggest was 52") were a bit tight, and to feel comfortable I bought my own, which was fine but after xmas the new semester started and we began microbiology, these lessons need a different style of labcoat so I had to use what they had (again 52") so as we lined up to collect our coats I was bricking it tbh, thinking oh god it won't fit and I'll have to ask for a bigger one, everyone will laugh, they won't have one for me and I'll get kicked out.. the usual thoughts.... Well, it fitted perfectly! And I have room to wear my cardigan underneath if its cold in the lab :D

I have a new NSV sort of related to this one....:)

We used the ordinary lab coats today and the size 52 ones fit perfectly, every button closes and it doesn't cling or look too small for me anymore! So I don't need to take my own coat in with me whenever we're doing practicals!

And the jeans I wore today kept falling down :D think I really am into 24's properly now :D

Back