NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I haven't seen one of my friends for a month and when I saw her tonight she told me I has "lost loads of weight". Love that the weight loss is starting to show, it spurs me on massively.

Hi all. I'm quite new to this site but it's great. This thread is a great idea. It's not just about the numbers.

Loads of people at work have commented that I look as though I've lost weight. They're people I see every day and you don't normally notice if you see one one every day! Also, I bought a smaller sized skirt last week. I'm fitting into size 12 clothes now. I'm amazed!

I walked with a colleague to the station yesterday and we chatted all the way at a good pace too. A while ago I'd have been dragging behind or be out of breath! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I finished my C25k plan today & did my first 5k race. I was so afraid that I'd come last but I didn't & actually did my best time yet even though it felt v tough. I'm v proud of myself for the first time in a long time. :)

Just bought some size 16 jeans, I was wearing a 26 last May! :)

Someone in work the other day said that she could tell I'd lost weight :) been shopping today and bought a size 16 long top/dress, just before Christmas I was in's size 20!!!

Today I felt very proud of my best friend. She is getting married later this year and asked me for hints and tips and to devise an eating and exercise plan. I don't this back on 1st jan and today she weighed in and has lost 16lbs! She text me saying she can't thank me enough for being her inspiration and helping her get to where she is today :) yay! Xxx

mrstore said:
Someone in work the other day said that she could tell I'd lost weight :) been shopping today and bought a size 16 long top/dress, just before Christmas I was in's size 20!!!

Well done! :) Can't wait to buy a size 16! I started mid Jan as a tight size 20 and can easily get into the neatest fitting 20s I have and verging on the 18s. Had hoped to get to 16 by Mid March, but will be more than happy with a comfy size 18!

Lovely stories - well done all of you. I have just restarted after a huge fall off the wagon so it mnay ne a while till I get to post a victory on here - but looking forwards to be able to - and in the meantime will be happy reading of your successes.

Caroline

My NSV this week - was feeling a bit miffed because I'd put on a pound at weigh in even though I'd been 100% on plan but realised that I can get my current trousers off without undoing them! Plenty more in the wardrobe to slim into lol but I was pleased nonetheless!

H xx

lass321 said:
Lovely stories - well done all of you. I have just restarted after a huge fall off the wagon so it mnay ne a while till I get to post a victory on here - but looking forwards to be able to - and in the meantime will be happy reading of your successes.

Caroline

Getting back on the wagon is a huge NSV in it's own right, so well done.
It's all to easy to just let it slide and not bother.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hubby said my bum was bony today!!!

And he picked me up too and said its a lot easier :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Getting back on the wagon is a huge NSV in it's own right, so well done.
It's all to easy to just let it slide and not bother.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thank-you - I hadn't thought of it like that - but yes you are right - my head is held higher!

Caroline

Last edited:
MinkyDinky said:
Today I felt very proud of my best friend. She is getting married later this year and asked me for hints and tips and to devise an eating and exercise plan. I don't this back on 1st jan and today she weighed in and has lost 16lbs! She text me saying she can't thank me enough for being her inspiration and helping her get to where she is today :) yay! Xxx

Aww that's so nice Minky! Nothing better than helping others and it being appreciated :)

There as some fanstic NSVs going on here.

Having finally got to target this week I went and bought some new clothes. Fitted into size 16 skinny jeans from M&S and some lovely slinky size 14 T-shirts. This was always where I said I wanted to get to and now I'm there! :eek:

Now to maintain . . . .

I've got bones!! Discovered hip bones and collar bones the other day....now found ribs and my little fingers are bony and my calves have new definition :) :)

Emmamb said:
I've got bones!! Discovered hip bones and collar bones the other day....now found ribs and my little fingers are bony and my calves have new definition :) :)

I have a jaw bone! Ok so I might have to lift my head up slightly to see it lol, but I do have one again :)

Back