NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Im an icehockey fan and usually rock up to a game with my shirt already on. I have a game worn shirt, one thats been worn by a player so they are bigger than the replica ones so they can fit over their body armour. being that huge theycover a multitude of sins!

LAst night though I was just in my jacket and as I stood in my usual seat taking jacket off to put shirt on the woman behind said "wow I never realised how slim you were " .... big beam from me and a ten minute conversation about SW !! I wouldn't call myself slim yet but as Ive gone from an 18 into almost a 14 since middle of January Im certainly slimmer...and definitely slimmer than I look hidden inside my tent of a hockey shirt :)

I have a new NSV sort of related to this one....:)

We used the ordinary lab coats today and the size 52 ones fit perfectly, every button closes and it doesn't cling or look too small for me anymore! So I don't need to take my own coat in with me whenever we're doing practicals!

And the jeans I wore today kept falling down :D think I really am into 24's properly now :D

Ooh brilliant evil p - must feel great! xxx
I haven't seen one of my friends for a month and when I saw her tonight she told me I has "lost loads of weight". Love that the weight loss is starting to show, it spurs me on massively.
Great that others are noticing it! Well done xxx
Hi all. I'm quite new to this site but it's great. This thread is a great idea. It's not just about the numbers.

Loads of people at work have commented that I look as though I've lost weight. They're people I see every day and you don't normally notice if you see one one every day! Also, I bought a smaller sized skirt last week. I'm fitting into size 12 clothes now. I'm amazed!

Well done Laura, that's a great achievement! xxx
I walked with a colleague to the station yesterday and we chatted all the way at a good pace too. A while ago I'd have been dragging behind or be out of breath! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Nice NSV! xxx
I finished my C25k plan today & did my first 5k race. I was so afraid that I'd come last but I didn't & actually did my best time yet even though it felt v tough. I'm v proud of myself for the first time in a long time. :)
Hey - that's brilliant achievement Sinead well done! Did you find it very hard at first? I am dying to try it xxx
Just bought some size 16 jeans, I was wearing a 26 last May! :)
:wow: that is fab!! xxx
Someone in work the other day said that she could tell I'd lost weight :) been shopping today and bought a size 16 long top/dress, just before Christmas I was in's size 20!!!

That's fab! xxx
Today I felt very proud of my best friend. She is getting married later this year and asked me for hints and tips and to devise an eating and exercise plan. I don't this back on 1st jan and today she weighed in and has lost 16lbs! She text me saying she can't thank me enough for being her inspiration and helping her get to where she is today :) yay! Xxx

Aww that's lovely Minks. Very typical of you, helping other people and spurring them on :bighug: xxx
Well done! :) Can't wait to buy a size 16! I started mid Jan as a tight size 20 and can easily get into the neatest fitting 20s I have and verging on the 18s. Had hoped to get to 16 by Mid March, but will be more than happy with a comfy size 18!

:wow: - dropped a dress size already in such a short space of time. how cool is that?! xxx
Lovely stories - well done all of you. I have just restarted after a huge fall off the wagon so it mnay ne a while till I get to post a victory on here - but looking forwards to be able to - and in the meantime will be happy reading of your successes.

Caroline
That's a big NSV already - getting back on the wagon xxx
My NSV this week - was feeling a bit miffed because I'd put on a pound at weigh in even though I'd been 100% on plan but realised that I can get my current trousers off without undoing them! Plenty more in the wardrobe to slim into lol but I was pleased nonetheless!

H xx

The scales lie sometimes, darn them. Your clothes don't tho' xxx
Getting back on the wagon is a huge NSV in it's own right, so well done.
It's all to easy to just let it slide and not bother.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Great minds think alike ;)
Hubby said my bum was bony today!!!

And he picked me up too and said its a lot easier :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:8855: @ bony bum! Very romantic, sweeping you off your feet! What a lovely NSV xxx
There as some fanstic NSVs going on here.

Having finally got to target this week I went and bought some new clothes. Fitted into size 16 skinny jeans from M&S and some lovely slinky size 14 T-shirts. This was always where I said I wanted to get to and now I'm there! :eek:

Now to maintain . . . .

:wow: well done for reaching target Pommette! Must be a great feeling xxx
I've got bones!! Discovered hip bones and collar bones the other day....now found ribs and my little fingers are bony and my calves have new definition :) :)

Lol - there's a boney theme going on today! Well done! xxx
I have a jaw bone! Ok so I might have to lift my head up slightly to see it lol, but I do have one again :)
More bones!! Can't wait to get rid of my double chin :8855: xxx
Going to an all you can eat buffet, (Chinese), and being so good you surprise yourself.

Stayed within syns for the day!

That's a great NSV arctic_blonde. proving to yourself you can be in control> Well done! xxx

My NSV today... I was out with friends last night and this afternoon I got the dreaded email that I have been tagged in photos on Facebook. I usually cringe when I see photos of me online, but I didn't hate any of them! So, here's to a future full of happy times documented in cringe-free photographs! Yay! :)

beckyn22 said:
Hey - that's brilliant achievement Sinead well done! Did you find it very hard at first? I am dying to try it xxx

Thanks Becky. Yes I found it very tough at the start & never thought I'd get to this stage. But i some how surprised myself at each stage where I actually managed to run the distance that the programme called for. Just give it a go Becky & trust that it works - you'll be amazed!!

Now it's time for 10k training for me!

Thanks Becky. Yes I found it very tough at the start & never thought I'd get to this stage. But i some how surprised myself at each stage where I actually managed to run the distance that the programme called for. Just give it a go Becky & trust that it works - you'll be amazed!!

Now it's time for 10k training for me!

:woohoo:!! Really want to do this Sinead. Just live in a grotty, rough part of town and need somewhere a bit more private and safe to start! xxx

Went to Tesco earlier this afternoon and parked in a spot I've parked in many times before that is quite close to the wall. Usually have to let OH get out then climb over the passenger seat to get out - so ladylike!! Today we parked there as it was really busy, and I thought I would have to do my usual clamber out - but opened the door and managed to get out through the space between door and wall no problem! :woohoo:! xxx

NSV for today was resisting a 22 syn slice of cheesecake! That counts as an NSV aye?! :D

evilpenguin said:
NSV for today was resisting a 22 syn slice of cheesecake! That counts as an NSV aye?! :D

Sure does!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I wore a size 12 top today from h&m, ok its a large size 12 but I'm still chuffed, 13 months ago I was squashing into a size 34 top

went to the xfactor tour tonight and got into a size 20 pair of trousers..2 sizes down AND there was room to spare in them! I couldnt have been happier ....onwards and downwards I say!!

I wore a size 12 top today from h&m, ok its a large size 12 but I'm still chuffed, 13 months ago I was squashing into a size 34 top
Blumin' 'eck chica. That's some change! Well done you!

katoof said:

That's amazing! Well done you. x

ejgemmag said:
went to the xfactor tour tonight and got into a size 20 pair of trousers..2 sizes down AND there was room to spare in them! I couldnt have been happier ....onwards and downwards I say!!

Yay!

Having my Bro tell me that he was scared of taking me to a gig because he might have to thump some of his mates for chatting me up as they all thought his one time chubby Sis looks really fit these days... Bless my over protective Bro, and his mates for saying that...

sleepytimesadie said:
Having my Bro tell me that he was scared of taking me to a gig because he might have to thump some of his mates for chatting me up as they all thought his one time chubby Sis looks really fit these days... Bless my over protective Bro, and his mates for saying that...

Hahaha bless... Ahhh let them flirt!! What a boost ;) I'm an only child Chelle & my two male cousins have always been very over protective of me & like you, when I saw them Saturday with all their mates they were exactly the same!! Men ay haha xxx

I had a bounce on our kids trampoline yesterday. I wouldn't do that last year as I was worried I would break it!

Also, my husband told me he has lost 10lbs since I started SW, just from eating the healthier food I have been making and without changing anything else :D

Blondee said:
Hahaha bless... Ahhh let them flirt!! What a boost ;) I'm an only child Chelle & my two male cousins have always been very over protective of me & like you, when I saw them Saturday with all their mates they were exactly the same!! Men ay haha xxx

Twas nice I must admit, and just Charlie's proud face as we walked into the pub arm in arm, and his mates were there whistling... I loved every minute...xx

My nsv this last weekend were getting into a pair of evans bootleg size 20 trousers and being able to do buttons and zip up....and sit down in them!....i used to have to get size 26's back last august time.

My second one was, i was showing my neighbour how much i have lost from my shoulders- ( they are SOOOOo narrow now) and her 21 yr old daughter looked at my legs and she said they were sticks!....

Omg i felt soo good!

Just need for the weight to move from my chest and midrift area which i know it will do in time :)

Back