NSVs - Non Scale Victories

lsf666 said:
I bought 2 pairs of jeans today - size 14 - didn't try them on just bought them. Came home and they fit :-D

Plus one pair was reduced to £4!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ta da!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-369685551.jpg
    image-369685551.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 31
My NSV this week is a bit like Thatbubbs - someone leaving work gave me a big box of Celebrations (nobody at work knows I am doing SW) - I gave them to my mum and dad, without even cracking them open. And I declined a slice of the leaving cake.....I have more willpower than I though!!

went shopping for the first time since joining SW. had I buy size 8's!!!

also had my hair cut - I feel like a new woman ! x

:woohoo: Everyone is doing SO well! Well done y'all! Loving the posts about all the size 14s and how much cheaper clothes are at other shops than the dreaded EVANS - will probably take me over a year to get to that size but you all spur me on so thank you :bighug:xxx

I just bought a pair of jeans in the Tesco sale, 5quid and a size 18! They are a bit too tight to wear at the moment but they did up! Give it a month or so and they should fit, plus, they were a real bargain! And I was a 26 last September.

Oh, and I forgot to say that 2 people at work comment on my weight loss today, one of whom said, "bloody hell you're looking skinny". Marvellous.

Someone asked today if I was into sport as I looked very athletic, of course it may not have been a compliment, but I have decided to take it as one!

Since I got into work today (30 mins ago) 3 people (that I see regularly - daily usually) have stopped me to tell me I look like I've lost weight and it's really showing on my face. It's lovely to hear especially as I'm unsure how WI will go tonight, but typically I said thankyou and then said 'aah itll be tying my hair back or summat'

ThatBubbs said:
Since I got into work today (30 mins ago) 3 people (that I see regularly - daily usually) have stopped me to tell me I look like I've lost weight and it's really showing on my face. It's lovely to hear especially as I'm unsure how WI will go tonight, but typically I said thankyou and then said 'aah itll be tying my hair back or summat'

We never get the hang of taking compliments do we? I do it all the time deflect it with something jokey or brush it off with a negative... Do you think its something we will learn to get used to in time?

We never get the hang of taking compliments do we? I do it all the time deflect it with something jokey or brush it off with a negative... Do you think its something we will learn to get used to in time?

I think so, I can take compliments about the things I believe are true, so when our brains are happy and have caught up with our body changing, I think we'll be able to take it :)

I just went to McDonalds with my son and some friends and had a chicken salad! And only nicked 2 fries!! *polishes halo*. And you know what? It was really nice!!

NSV for me is getting back on the wagon after a weekend of being completely off plan!

If this was me in 2009/10 I would still be off plan, so proud that I'm in control this time! It was pretty hard to get back into it but I've done it :)

NSV for me is getting back on the wagon after a weekend of being completely off plan!

If this was me in 2009/10 I would still be off plan, so proud that I'm in control this time! It was pretty hard to get back into it but I've done it :)

Well done. It can be tough getting back on the wagon. But we're all here to help you if needed. :D

I saw my friends mum this weekend. She said I looked great. She asked me how I lost so much weight. Think she was looking for a quick fix trip bit. I said exercise and healthy eating. Haahaa

Back