NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My friends son, aged about 26, said 'wow you look fantastic!' .

He he - that did make me feel good :bliss:

My grandad is always v blunt about my weight but today he said 'have u lost some weight?' to which I replied 'nearly 5 stone' he then said 'I can tell cos ur only half as wide as u used to be'. Cheers grandad il take that as a backhanded compliment lol x

Emmamb said:
My grandad is always v blunt about my weight but today he said 'have u lost some weight?' to which I replied 'nearly 5 stone' he then said 'I can tell cos ur only half as wide as u used to be'. Cheers grandad il take that as a backhanded compliment lol x

I love this - you know where you stand with him so you must be doing well!!!

I haven't had anyone really comment, but my friend brought me over some clothes earlier, and there was a pair of size 16 jeans...and they fitted me!!!

I have been wearing 20's for a while and 20's were getting tight when i joined sw! They are falling down now but i had been putting off buying new ones, so was amazed to fit them!!!

Got a compliment this morning from a fairly new guy in the office - see's me put my lunch in the fridge everyday and he said are you on a diet? To which I said yeah... Why? And he said I just don't understand why, you look great! Awwww bless him :)

MinkyDinky said:
Got a compliment this morning from a fairly new guy in the office - see's me put my lunch in the fridge everyday and he said are you on a diet? To which I said yeah... Why? And he said I just don't understand why, you look great! Awwww bless him :)

Sounds like a chat up line if you ask me lol ;)

was visiting the in laws at the weekend. we go up about once a month and my mother in law is normally very polite about my weight loss and usually asks how much i've lost and says i'm doing well but this week her jaw nearly hit the floor when she opened the door!! she said she couldn't believe how good i was looking and she can really see how much i've lost was grinning all night :D

I bought a coat last night in a size 14. Its a little tight, but it does up. I bought a coat last year and had to have a size 22 (even though i was an 18 at the time) because I can never get them to fit in the shoulders. it was a proud moment. Plus its a summer coat, so i would have gone for the 16 which fit snuggly, but when its warm enough to wear it that will probably be too big. I was just proud i got a 14 to do up, last time i was in a 14 i was 12/13 years old.

My next door neighbour gave me a bag full of her daughters clothes as she has lost weight, they are mainly 14s and most of them fit!!!!! ok they are a little snug but thats ok I can NEVER get into 14s at all normally so well chuffed :D

This thread has made me realise that saying people look good is really important. I love it when people say I look like I've lost weight. The complements are getting more and more now which is great.

But I also need to give complements to others. I've made a pact that whenever I see anyone who looks as though they're happy and healthy I'm gonna say how good they look. We all need boosts. It's not just for people who are losing weight. It's for people who are slim cos they run or swim ever day too. It's good to be nice.

I tried my wedding dress on yesterday (got married 2009) and it was waaay too big. Hehe

joclairey said:
I tried my wedding dress on yesterday (got married 2009) and it was waaay too big. Hehe

I might do this :)

Well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This thread has made me realise that saying people look good is really important. I love it when people say I look like I've lost weight. The complements are getting more and more now which is great.

But I also need to give complements to others. I've made a pact that whenever I see anyone who looks as though they're happy and healthy I'm gonna say how good they look. We all need boosts. It's not just for people who are losing weight. It's for people who are slim cos they run or swim ever day too. It's good to be nice.

Quite often if Im in a changing room & see someone trying something on & I think it suits them & they look good, I'll always tell them.......however I keep my mouth shut if it doesn't, unless they ask & then I will diplomatically say it doesnt suit/colour wrong etc!

Went to the dentists and I fit in the chair!!
Ok so its an old NSV since I've been able to fit in chairs with arms for a while now, but the last time I went they had to raise the arms so I fit on the chair.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Charity shop finds this week were M and S size 10 stretchy lol, summer maxi dress £4, 2 denim mini skirts £4 each, and a Miss Selfridge boob tube maxi dress for £1 woo woo. I'm loving this :) oh and the dresses fit, only because they're stretch ;)

Attachments

• image-3697140893.jpg
    image-3697140893.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 74
Ha! I'm lying in bed about to get up, but I've noticed ....there's a valley between my ribs! My tummy actually dips! Ok there's still puddles of fat round the sides....but I have a valley!

Ha! I'm lying in bed about to get up, but I've noticed ....there's a valley between my ribs! My tummy actually dips! Ok there's still puddles of fat round the sides....but I have a valley!

yey to the valley! :D

Back