NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Shirleen said:
Ha! I'm lying in bed about to get up, but I've noticed ....there's a valley between my ribs! My tummy actually dips! Ok there's still puddles of fat round the sides....but I have a valley!

I was wondering where you were going with that sentence then.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Whilst out last night helping a friend turn the car in a space challenged car park I was stood in front of a car so he could get as close as possible and someone watching shouted "it's a good job you're skinny" - now I've had friends tell me I'm getting to be a skinny minny but I've just been thinking they're being nice as they're used to me being a size 16 - but this was from a stranger.

I tried on a dress in Sainsburys today. I fit a size 14 last dress i bought last year was an 18. Sleeves were tight though and it was a little tight fitting. I always have sleeve issues. But I bought it, i know a seamstress so going to get her to adjust the sleeves, and then it will fit with just a slight tightness round the middle. And I don't need it really until july so by then I will have lost a few pounds and it won't be so snug fitting. Very happy though. Me and mum worked out last time I was in a 14 I was 12. And I can hardly ever get away with dresses usually (small boobs and fitted dresses don't work believe me). So happy I fit in a 14.

419552_3572047703564_1344166105_3381484_489865029_n.jpg

Its not done up all the way cos i couldn't reach :p

I had 10% off Matalan so nipped in today, and all my shopping was size 10 bar a couple of mini shrug cardi things which I wanted bigger than a postage stamp,so bought size 14. I got two pairs £5 jeans, a lovely black chiffon shirt/ top, maxi dress, striped cardi. I still can't believe I'm shopping for me picking up size 10's it's surreal :)

Everyone is doing so well . Well done :)
Mine is
Put my age weight height and sex into a percentile calculator . The result I'm on the 20th percentile which means 19 % of women my age & height are lighter but 80% are heavier . Was well chuffed made my day :)

Everyone is doing so well . Well done :)
Mine is
Put my age weight height and sex into a percentile calculator . The result I'm on the 20th percentile which means 19 % of women my age & height are lighter but 80% are heavier . Was well chuffed made my day :)

ooh i would like a play with that - do you have a link??

Just something on hubby's iPad . If you google percentile calculator I'm sure you'll find it :)

I tried on a dress in Sainsburys today. I fit a size 14 last dress i bought last year was an 18. Sleeves were tight though and it was a little tight fitting. I always have sleeve issues. But I bought it, i know a seamstress so going to get her to adjust the sleeves, and then it will fit with just a slight tightness round the middle. And I don't need it really until july so by then I will have lost a few pounds and it won't be so snug fitting. Very happy though. Me and mum worked out last time I was in a 14 I was 12. And I can hardly ever get away with dresses usually (small boobs and fitted dresses don't work believe me). So happy I fit in a 14.

Well done ally, looking great in your pic

Brill! Love the dress...tempted to take a trip to Sainsburys myself!

Hubby cuddled me earlier and grabbed my shoulder and said "what's this" so I said erm bone? He said oh - that's new! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I now have a smooth back and sides.... No I don't mean they were hairy I mean I have no rolls there!! Woo! Saw myself in the mirror whilst getting changed and thought what is different with this look...? Ah now I know :D xx

MinkyDinky said:
I now have a smooth back and sides.... No I don't mean they were hairy I mean I have no rolls there!! Woo! Saw myself in the mirror whilst getting changed and thought what is different with this look...? Ah now I know :D xx

Love this...xx

I normally avoid catching myself in shop window reflections as I dont like what i see ...today I actually caught myself thinking "bugger me, is that me ?? " .... my legs look sooo much leaner - big grin x

Bought a size 12 dress today, okay it was a wrap around style, but I tried on the 14 and it was too baggy!!!

It is the one and only size 12 item in my wardrobe - hopefully it is the first of many :)

Back