NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Bought a size 12 dress today, okay it was a wrap around style, but I tried on the 14 and it was too baggy!!!

It is the one and only size 12 item in my wardrobe - hopefully it is the first of many :)

fabulous !! Will you wear it with the label hanging out on purpose ? I would ! lol x

FARRRRKKK!!!!! :eek: I am wearing HIGH STREET CLOTHES!!!! :eek: That *aren't* Evans/SimplyBe etc etc etc!!!! :eek: :faint2:

I didnt even realise it! Ive been picking up the odd bit & bob off ebay cos I dont want to spend much on new clothes if Im gonna grow out of them soon, was just putting this dress on today i got for a few quid and spotted the label, it's a Wardrobe dress!!! Still a Size 22 but plenty of room in it and Im just utterly gobsmacked that Im wearing something you can get from ye olde NORMALE SHOPPE fandanglery!!!! :eek: :D

Am I utterly deluded and this shop is summat else now? Last time I even saw a Wardrobe would be about 1994? :confused:

Feel happy to stand at the front of a gym class and even do squats in front of everyone. I used to hide at the back. Also continuing on the gym theme, I can use the TRX ropes and not feel self conscious doing it :)

Not long returned from the nearest tesco's with my sister, i bought a pair of 38" jeans for ' i want to be in them by may' put them on and they only blinking fit ... omg! last time i was in 38's was when i was about 13-14.. and that was 16 years ago, you could say i'm sat at my computer (in the jeans) with a big grin and a bit of a male muffin top.. i'm calling it a victory ;) here's to 36's by xmas :D

I got a "looking goooood" from someone... Could be a 'seeing as you've recently had major surgery' but I'm taking it as a 'since losing your lady bits'!!!

:D

ETA ; LMAO!! I meant lardy bits! But I'm keeping the typo for laughs!

ermintrude said:
FARRRRKKK!!!!! :eek: I am wearing HIGH STREET CLOTHES!!!! :eek: That *aren't* Evans/SimplyBe etc etc etc!!!! :eek: :faint2:

I didnt even realise it! Ive been picking up the odd bit & bob off ebay cos I dont want to spend much on new clothes if Im gonna grow out of them soon, was just putting this dress on today i got for a few quid and spotted the label, it's a Wardrobe dress!!! Still a Size 22 but plenty of room in it and Im just utterly gobsmacked that Im wearing something you can get from ye olde NORMALE SHOPPE fandanglery!!!! :eek: :D

Am I utterly deluded and this shop is summat else now? Last time I even saw a Wardrobe would be about 1994? :confused:

Well done Erm :) fantastic achievement following all your weight loss success xx

An engineer for our company cornered me a few weeks back asking how the hell I had lost my weight and still was eating so bloody much! Told him about slimming world. He said 'well if it can work for you it might work for me'

2 weeks after joining he is now 1 stone lighter :D he sent me a message last night thanking me for spurring him on and to continue to be 'fabulous'. Ha. Fabulous isn't a word he normally uses. Dead proud of him xx

I didnt even realise it! Ive been picking up the odd bit & bob off ebay cos I dont want to spend much on new clothes if Im gonna grow out of them soon, was just putting this dress on today i got for a few quid and spotted the label, it's a Wardrobe dress!!! Still a Size 22 but plenty of room in it and Im just utterly gobsmacked that Im wearing something you can get from ye olde NORMALE SHOPPE fandanglery !!!! :eek: :D

woohoo...now THAT is a feel good post!!
and a quick google search shows Wardrobe is most definitely still "ye olde NORMALE SHOPPE fandanglery":D:D
Welcome to Wardrobe

grin! xx

I've been off work for a couple of months so now I'm back I wore my work tights and work undies for the first time in ages (yes, I have work undies... Weirdo...!)

Whoops! I hit send too quickly...!
Long story short... My tights and undies were falling down as I walked down the street. I had to find a hidden corner and fix them and had to literally hold them up for the rest of the walk! Never has something so embarrassing made me feel so good! :)

Earlier I was walking the hound, heading home when a car pulled up alongside and stopped - it was another rugby club wife (I am one too). She couldn't stop telling me how her and another wife were talking about me last night and how much weight i'd lost. It was sooo nice to hear it from someone that I don't feel has a duty to say such nice things (i.e hubby and other relatives).......I think i'm gonna have to start believing people when they say I look different......

:bliss:Having lost quite a bit of weight I was thinking how about inches.
Problem is I didn't measure myself at the start, but I did know how big my thighs were (my biggest part).

So this morning after putting on normal shop tights (not Evans XL Extra tall ones) I thought I would measure.
:wow:Wow I have gone from 31 inch thighs to 25 inch ones. Also my waist is now 31 the size my thighs used to be.
:banana dancer:I can't believe it.:banana dancer:

I have bought size 14 jeans!!!! They are feeling a little loose as well!!!
At the beginning of February my size 16's were getting very tight and now I can say a 14 is a little loose!!!!!!
Im so pleased with that :D:D:D

Friend of my dads stopped me a few weeks ago... 'You look absolutely amazing! It's the best I've ever seen you looking!'

She asked how much weight I'd lost and told me I was doing so well.

It was nice to hear from someone I barely know!

NSV :woohoo:

My first NSV - Friday night and feeling poorly, all I want to eat is buttery toast and cheese and fat laden comfort foods - hubby ordered pizza. My normal pattern is to say 'ah feck it' and stuff myself with cheesy pizza, beer and chocolate until I feel sick and disgusted with myself.

Instead I made a pitta bread pizza with low-fat cheddar (using my HexA and Hex B), salmon, tomato, spinach and spring onion, drinking green tea and I have a fun-size chocolate bar ready for later. I am starting to feel like I might just have cracked this SW business, it feels like a way of life now not just a short-term fix.

ermintrude said:

Fantastic so pleased for you xx

miss_miffi said:
My first NSV - Friday night and feeling poorly, all I want to eat is buttery toast and cheese and fat laden comfort foods - hubby ordered pizza. My normal pattern is to say 'ah feck it' and stuff myself with cheesy pizza, beer and chocolate until I feel sick and disgusted with myself.

Instead I made a pitta bread pizza with low-fat cheddar (using my HexA and Hex B), salmon, tomato, spinach and spring onion, drinking green tea and I have a fun-size chocolate bar ready for later. I am starting to feel like I might just have cracked this SW business, it feels like a way of life now not just a short-term fix.

That's the way to go, not feeling like you're left out, but triumphant that YOU are being healthy and sensible ,well done :) x

Just did my first run in over a year..im 18st and i ran!!! Its definitely in the mnd, i kept saying theres no way I can run yet i need to lose more weight...but something clicked in me last night I just had this urge to run, I used to run cross country in senior school and I love that feeling of being free and just running.

The best bit about it..I ran straight past the subway and mcdonalds at the back of my house and put the v's up and ran straaaaiiighhht past!! IT FELT GOOD!!!

Very nearly a NON-bladdy victory! :eek:

Sat here fumbling this morning and noticed my ring was missing! Its been getting looser for while but it was still a bit tight on the next finger along, takes a minute or two to get off again so Ive been keeping it on my little finger. Its one my mum gave me years ago and very precious, looked EVERYWHERE, in the bed, in the shower, under every item of furniture, in the washing, the washing machine, the lot, thought it was gone! :cry:

Then the sweet, lovely OH found it, he dug through the bin, all the way, every single little item and found it right at the bottom! Must have slid off when I was chucking stuff out when I was cooking yesterday! So he's very definitely in my good books! ;) And the ring is firmly (very literally! :D ) on the next finger along! It aint shifting from there anytime fast :cool:

Back