NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I just bought a size 18 dress from sainsbury's. That means that the last 5 items of clothing I have bought are in an 18- maybe I can stop saying that they are just cut big and start saying I am (almost) an 18!
Supergirl get rid of that word "almost" at once! You ARE a size 18. It's official. And congratulations :D

Just did my first run in over a year..im 18st and i ran!!! Its definitely in the mnd, i kept saying theres no way I can run yet i need to lose more weight...but something clicked in me last night I just had this urge to run, I used to run cross country in senior school and I love that feeling of being free and just running.

The best bit about it..I ran straight past the subway and mcdonalds at the back of my house and put the v's up and ran straaaaiiighhht past!! IT FELT GOOD!!!

:DToday I ran the 6 mile Sports Relief mile, at 18 stone I would never have been able to do it, now I run about 6 miles a week.
Could not believe I completed it today.
But good on you for trying, start off with small gaols and work your way up, this will defenatly help shift the weight.

Supergirl get rid of that word "almost" at once! You ARE a size 18. It's official. And congratulations :D

Thank you, but I'm definitely more of a 20/18, as I'm only really fitting in loose fitting 18s. I don't mind though, as only 6 months ago I was in a size 26.:D

Onwards and downwards!

I guess this is actually a scale victory - but wanted to share anyway. I have been off plan for a couple of weeks, eating a few things that are not good - and drinking more wine than is good for anyone. This morning I decided to take the plunge and weigh myself - I had actually lost weight! Why - who knows? Well done everyone for their victories - scale or non-scale!

I tried on a size 16 cardigan yesterday which I was expecting to be a bit tight, especially on my arms, but it slipped on quite nicely :) time to have another look through my wardrobes to see what might fit me in there :)

Went into Evans to try a dress on. Could have devoured dh with love when he said the 16 looked too baggy on me so I've ordered a 14 online! Yay.

Dug my old faithful combats out that I bought about 6 years ago,they tend to come out for a month or so every few years then go back in the wardrobe cos they get too tight-anyway,they're now too big and will be heading for the charity bag in a few weeks :) :)

Have to wear a belt with a size 24 pair of 3/4 length jeans that were too tight to wear at Xmas when I tried them on at the start of my weight loss journey :) even when I bought them last summer they were tighter than this!!

The boss of my second job had T-shirts printed to advertise the Happy Learning classes we do.
I inwardly groaned when I saw mine was XL, but it fitted, a tad tighter than I wished mind!

Took two tops into m&s changing room one 16 one 14, the 14 fitted perfectly, so came home and thought i'd try on some size 14 jeans i had stored away, at last they fit!!

:)

OH was hugging me and said "Oh, you are getting smaller!" A little one but it was nice :)

Probably a bit too much information at this time in the morning lol, but when OH and I were in bed ;) he said eeww what's that? He meant my hip bone!! Lol :)

NSV for today: had a job interview so I donned my "interview outfit" (does everyone have one of these or am I loser??) Anyway, last time I wore it was January 6th, over a stone ago, and omg! The trousers were so baggy, I would've worn a belt but they are smart trousers so no belt loops. And the top! It was all saggy at the front where it used to be tight! :eek: What a difference! I probably looked a bit of a scruff now that I think about it lol.

So, a new interview outfit is required! Unless I get the job of course ;) hehe

evilpenguin said:
NSV for today: had a job interview so I donned my "interview outfit" (does everyone have one of these or am I loser??) Anyway, last time I wore it was January 6th, over a stone ago, and omg! The trousers were so baggy, I would've worn a belt but they are smart trousers so no belt loops. And the top! It was all saggy at the front where it used to be tight! :eek: What a difference! I probably looked a bit of a scruff now that I think about it lol.

So, a new interview outfit is required! Unless I get the job of course ;) hehe

I have an interview/important meeting outfit. I was so mad (in a good way...kind of) when I went to put it on and it was hopelessly big.

It's a great feeling, but then you realise you need to wear it out as you have no other formal clothes, at least I don't! Mixed emotions lol.

Well done to us though eh :D

Back