NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Just put my coat on (one I've not worn for a few weeks) and it actually fits properly! :) over Christmas I couldn't even do up the bottoms, now I can cross them over a good few inches, if you know what I mean

Fantastic.

I was tidying out my cupboard and decided to try on the Mac that I put away as it had got too tight, this mac moved with me 3 times since I have last worn it, so it was go for broke time!

Tried it on and it fit perfectly, only problem is I don't like it anymore, ah well at least someone in the charity shop will get a nice coat, and I'll get some room in my cupboard!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

my size 26 trousers that fitted comfortably at the start of January are now too big, and literally hang off me. i can do up a size 24 pair of proper trousers now! next goal to be able to sit down in them!

Had to share this. I'm getting married next year and have started looking at wedding dresses. Went to the first shop today and had an amazing time. Tried on loads of dresses and the ones that looked the best are tight, really figure hugging dresses! I couldn't believe how small my waist looked. Now to keep the weight off until April next year!

littlemeercat said:
Had to share this. I'm getting married next year and have started looking at wedding dresses. Went to the first shop today and had an amazing time. Tried on loads of dresses and the ones that looked the best are tight, really figure hugging dresses! I couldn't believe how small my waist looked. Now to keep the weight off until April next year!

Lovely NSV...xx

I moved back in with my mum recently while I find a new flat, and having been subjected to her way of cooking etc (she's pretty anal about that stuff) was have been feeling bloated and sluggish. Saturday morning my uncle came over to take her shopping, and he said 'Bloody hell you've lost weight haven't you! How much and how cause you're doing so well!' He last saw me a bit before Xmas so in the early days of SW, and he's not a complimentary type usually (Yorkshire men!) so it felt rather good :)

Just been to try some new motorbike gear on and the guy said...what size are you? About a 14-16??? Chuffed to bits :) but then again he was a guy and probably didn't know what he was on about, but hey, who cares, he thought I was a size 14-16 lol :)

Ordered some stuff from the catalogue in smaller sizes in the hope they'd be something could fit into by summer. When I unpacked them I looked at them horror, thinking OMG not a chance, they're MINISCULE :eek: Tried to stick my head in to see how bad it was and IT FITS EASILY! In fact even the size SMALLER fitted (20)! So bizarre, I look at the clothes and they look miniscule, I look at me and I look huge, I cant seem to translate the two in my head :confused: Its only a year since I couldn't fit into a 32, now Im in a 20! :confused:

Ordered some stuff from the catalogue in smaller sizes in the hope they'd be something could fit into by summer. When I unpacked them I looked at them horror, thinking OMG not a chance, they're MINISCULE :eek: Tried to stick my head in to see how bad it was and IT FITS EASILY! In fact even the size SMALLER fitted (20)! So bizarre, I look at the clothes and they look miniscule, I look at me and I look huge, I cant seem to translate the two in my head :confused: Its only a year since I couldn't fit into a 32, now Im in a 20! :confused:

What a fantastic feeling that must have been for you.
I brough a pair of size 14 trousers the other day and felt the same, (did take 16 in as well and thought they might be a better fit)
But good on you.

Where did you find ladies bike gear that size? I'm after a 2 peice aet of leathers and strugglging to find anywhere that sells them

Just been to try some new motorbike gear on and the guy said...what size are you? About a 14-16??? Chuffed to bits :) but then again he was a guy and probably didn't know what he was on about, but hey, who cares, he thought I was a size 14-16 lol :)

Where did you go shopping? I'm after a 2 piece set of leathers and can't find anywhere local that sells them, biggest size I found was a 12.

I was told today I looked happy. To some people that would mean nothing, but the past 6 months I have been that close to the edge of breaking down every 3 seconds that everyone has just got used to me being depressed. Since the doctor took me off my pill, i have felt so happy, and today people seem to have noticed that I am now happy with no reason and back smiling. The people here don't know about my syndrome and didn't know I had been put on any meds, and I didn't realise they had even noticed that I had gone depressive, but they must have for them to tell me I looked "happy, like your old self". It put a (bigger) smile on my face anyway.

cyberjelly said:
Where did you go shopping? I'm after a 2 piece set of leathers and can't find anywhere local that sells them, biggest size I found was a 12.

It was a little shop in eastham, Wirral, they had up to size 20 jackets, but I wasn't looking for leather so not sure what size they went up to in those. Trousers, well......I tried an XL but couldn't get them past my knees lol. Think they were Barbie's XL !!!

Ally89 said:
I was told today I looked happy. To some people that would mean nothing, but the past 6 months I have been that close to the edge of breaking down every 3 seconds that everyone has just got used to me being depressed. Since the doctor took me off my pill, i have felt so happy, and today people seem to have noticed that I am now happy with no reason and back smiling. The people here don't know about my syndrome and didn't know I had been put on any meds, and I didn't realise they had even noticed that I had gone depressive, but they must have for them to tell me I looked "happy, like your old self". It put a (bigger) smile on my face anyway.

That's fantastic, delighted that others are noticing your better mood! Also have to say I love your new avatar!

I got into a smaller size pair of jeans today. Have tried forcing myself into them a few weeks ago, but could not bend, triued them on today and they feel really good :)

That's fantastic, delighted that others are noticing your better mood! Also have to say I love your new avatar!

Thanks :) Your the 4th person to tell me that on here :p. I get all giggly when I look at it haha I'm such a fangirl sometimes!

The "Black widow" said I'd lost loads of weight and asked how I did it.

( the "Black widow" is the company HR lady and is only seen when there is bad news about. The last time she saw me was in 2009 when she handed me my redundancy letter and final cheque. Guess why she's been on the shop floor this week? 16 redundancies. Not me this time, I'm agency. :) )

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I bought a size 12 today and it fits!

Stayed at the boyfriend's last night after a night out, forgot to pack my jeans so this morning I saw a pair of the boyfriend's on the floor - he's pretty skinny and they were skinny jeans so I didn't think they'd fit but they actually fit really nicely! Woop

Back