NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I have two from today (well they are related kind of)

1. I walked 7.5k in just over 2 hours
2. While on that walk I saw one of the people who bullied me badly in school. He looked at me and said (loud enough so i could hear him over my earphones) "Holy f**K Ally, when did you get gorgeous? Wanna go out with me?" I did get a thrill from hearing this from the guy who used to throw chips and gravy at me at school and laugh at me while I was in P.E, but all the same...he's currently on his way to the hospital as for some reason he thinks he has a broken toe. Someone accidentally on purpose stood on his foot as they walked past. I think he just found that I hadn't only lost weight, but the shy, afraid of everyone, absolutely not confident me has also changed to be someone not afraid to stand on a 6 foot tall bodybuilders foot. It felt so good.

Ally89 said:

2. While on that walk I saw one of the people who bullied me badly in school. He looked at me and said (loud enough so i could hear him over my earphones) "Holy f**K Ally, when did you get gorgeous? Wanna go out with me?" I did get a thrill from hearing this from the guy who used to throw chips and gravy at me at school and laugh at me while I was in P.E, but all the same...he's currently on his way to the hospital as for some reason he thinks he has a broken toe. Someone accidentally on purpose stood on his foot as they walked past. I think he just found that I hadn't only lost weight, but the shy, afraid of everyone, absolutely not confident me has also changed to be someone not afraid to stand on a 6 foot tall bodybuilders foot. It felt so good.

I think you are my new hero!!! Well done :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can fit in one leg of trousers I was wearing this time last year!

I've been to 'big fun' today with the kids and have been on all the slides for the first time ever :)
Even went on the 'death drop slide' xx

Ally89 said:

Love this xx

Ally89 said:

Brilliant! :)

I got given some indirect feedback by my boss on Thursday. Our higher level manager ask her whether I had lost weight, she confirmed in the positive and then big boss said that I was such a pretty girl and that it's so good to see me doing good things for myself. It was nice to get that sort of feedback.

Kirstles
x

Iambe said:
I got given some indirect feedback by my boss on Thursday. Our higher level manager ask her whether I had lost weight, she confirmed in the positive and then big boss said that I was such a pretty girl and that it's so good to see me doing good things for myself. It was nice to get that sort of feedback.

Kirstles
x

Ah that's lovely

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Ally89 said:

Go you!

I have a 2nd one this week, after the photos from Friday's night out hit facebook my dad has liked one of me with OH.

Might not sound like much but my dad has never liked a picture of me and has openly admitted he was embarrassed by my size in the past x

Got 2 today!

Was able to slide on my jeans this morning! No muffin top!

Oh came home after being away for over a week and said, he could see even more of a difference! AND he said I looked just like I did when we first met! :)

At Group last night one of the ladies who I don't know that well came up and told me that my weight loss was really noticable.:D:D:D

Also - measured myself last night for first time in ages and have lost 5 inches off my waist......and none off my boobs - RESULT! (and my hubbie agrees - LOL!!!!)

i've got this week off work, so i decided to pop the gym this morning, i heard it would be pretty empty (which it was). So one day (session) a month i go the gym and i do a 'long run'.. started doing 5K's then decided to up that by 2.5K's every month. see if i can push myself.. my last session was 10K and did it in 61mins 28 secs. so this time it should have been 12.5K.. i did the 10K in 58 mins (something seconds) and when i got to 12.5 i still felt good and decided to go for 15K.. 2hrs 12mins and 22 secs later i got off the treadmill having ran.. a half marathon :D OMG!!!

IMG_0024.JPG

besides the weight i have lost, i think this is the most proud i have ever felt before :) x

I've booked a last minute holiday (2 weeks away) so on Monday I bought a tunic style top with very short frilly sleeves. My friend said that my arms looked like they were toning up & when I tried it on later with leggings, someone else said they could see my legs were toning up. I've done a little exercise everyday for almost 2 weeks, glad my hard work's paying off :)

i've got this week off work, so i decided to pop the gym this morning, i heard it would be pretty empty (which it was). So one day (session) a month i go the gym and i do a 'long run'.. started doing 5K's then decided to up that by 2.5K's every month. see if i can push myself.. my last session was 10K and did it in 61mins 28 secs. so this time it should have been 12.5K.. i did the 10K in 58 mins (something seconds) and when i got to 12.5 i still felt good and decided to go for 15K.. 2hrs 12mins and 22 secs later i got off the treadmill having ran.. a half marathon :D OMG!!!

View attachment 45913
besides the weight i have lost, i think this is the most proud i have ever felt before :) x

WOW well done you

Really starting to see/feel my weightloss in lots of my clothes now - tried on some trousers I bought in November (size 14 from Tesco) that were pretty tight at the time - they're positively baggy now!

Also decided today to buy some proper gym clothes instead of just my old baggy tshirt and joggers - bought size 14 leggings (LEGGINGS! TIGHT LEGGINGS! :O) and a size 14 aerobics top - tried them on in the changing room and I looked pretty good - if I say so myself...

I can't remember the last time I was trying things on in the changing room and genuinely liked what I saw!

Back