NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Yes it was.
Also, my cousin has that paper and didn't recognise me in the picture. :)
Her husband had to point out that it was me because the "before" picture was at her brothers wedding.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

The lady in the photo with me is Vicky. She's also at my group and has lost 16st 10lbs since she started 8 years ago.
11st of that was at home using just the mag before she was happy enough to join a group.

Attachments

• image-2222291624.jpg
    image-2222291624.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 91
ColJack said:
The lady in the photo with me is Vicky. She's also at my group and has lost 16st 10lbs since she started 8 years ago.
11st of that was at home using just the mag before she was happy enough to join a group.

Wow!!!!!

Amazing achievements :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Someone at work who I haven't seen for a while said "Have you lost loads of weight?" and even though I always kind of feel like it's a back handed compliment haha it made me feel so chuffed! Because, let's face it, I AM fat and I HAVE lost weight... but it was the word LOADS that made me happy, especially because I've still got about 5 stone still to go!
Lovely feeling :D

Also, the fact that I can do my coat up again for the first time in just over a year is a BIG motivator! :D Still a big snug but I'm on the right track!

I was given some jeans by my OH for Christmas that I couldn't get on. I decided not to take them back and that I wanted to be I them by my birthday. I wore them for the first time last Thursday, my birthday!

Been in the sale at New Look bought size 14 jeans...both fit fine, looks like fitting in those 14 shorts the other say wasnt a fluke. And my womens large fitted tees came...and they fit too. Currently walking round the house in size 14 jeans, skinny tee and stupid grin in my face. This time 3 years ago i was running round town trying to find clothes for graduation and ended up with size 24 top and trousers...now i'n a 14 :D

This time last year I was a 34 bottom, I'm now officially a 16 and own my first pair of size 14 jeans that fit, they are tight but they fit! I'm so pleased

katoof said:
This time last year I was a 34 bottom, I'm now officially a 16 and own my first pair of size 14 jeans that fit, they are tight but they fit! I'm so pleased

Brilliant achievement. Well done! :)

Ally89 said:
Been in the sale at New Look bought size 14 jeans...both fit fine, looks like fitting in those 14 shorts the other say wasnt a fluke. And my womens large fitted tees came...and they fit too. Currently walking round the house in size 14 jeans, skinny tee and stupid grin in my face. This time 3 years ago i was running round town trying to find clothes for graduation and ended up with size 24 top and trousers...now i'n a 14 :D

Well done! You've put a grin on my face too!

I'm so impressed with everyone's victories. You're all doing so well. I'm really looking forward to my next one ;)

Kirstles
x

went up to my old uni this weekend for Alumni fun and everyone I saw commented on my weightloss and said I looked great. Was so nice!

i think this can be classed as an NSV..i'll post what I just put on facebook

"Mums finding it weird i'm buying colourful clothes, she's so used to me wearing black all the time. She even said "you've grown out of your goth phase". I love black and goth stuff, but I never was a goth, I wore black and own new rocks...that didn't/doesn't make me goth. I never WAS goth. I wore black to hide how big I was, everything I wore was black because I hated how I looked and that was the colour that hid what I looked. At heart I have always been a punk girl, I might not be as...vibrant... as most punks, but it is there, and its slowly coming out, now I'm finally happier with who I am, I am not afraid to show it, I don't need or even want to hide behind black anymore, i want to wear colours."

So my NSV...I finally realised I am happy in my own skin. I might be 3 stone overweight, but I am happy with who I am now, I don't need to hide myself anymore. I can be who I am, i'm not the "fat girl in the photo" anymore...i'm just normal size. Well normal in clothes sizes anyway. If you'd have said to me 3 years ago "In three years ago you will have lost 3.5 stone, dropped 5 dress sizes and be happy with who you are" I would have said you were crazy.

I did a proper push up last night!!!
Just the one mind and only just at that, but it's a start and I've decided to do 10 knee push ups every morning now until I can do proper ones.
( a knee push up is the same as a regular push up, straight body etc, but pivoting at the knee not the foot. )

I was sat marking books today when a bloke I work with popped his head around the classroom door. Odd, I thought, as I don't often have any dealings with him. He then said, "you look totally different, don't you?" I must have then looked very confused because he followed it with "you're looking really slim.". Cue big grin across my face- he is the first bloke that has made any comment and it was even better to think that he went out of his way to say something. It left me grinning all day!

Back