NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Awe, no worries we've all been there. In another few pounds you'll hopefully find a confident new you and you'll strut in some newer trousers. :)

I have lost about the weight of my huxband and now weigh about the same as him!

Lol, I still have three stone to lose, nice to be able to steal his jumpers when I'm cold now though

Haha yeah, that's the only bad thing about losing weight, we lose our lovely rolls of home insulation. Mind you more excuses to get more clothes or to share

Or to cuddle up to someone.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Awe, yeah cuddling is a good one. My aunt used to tell us to run around the table to warm up when we were younger, no cuddles there lol.

All going well for you today ColJack?

chazzdiver said:
Awe, yeah cuddling is a good one. My aunt used to tell us to run around the table to warm up when we were younger, no cuddles there lol.

All going well for you today ColJack?

Better than yesterday and actually a little better now after seeing your avatar picture this morning..
I know that sounds incredibly cheesy but seeing your smile actually makes me smile... Strange .. :)

Awe, yesterday doesn't sound like it was much fun. Glad today seems better though.

Lol, cheesy... Slightly, but glad my cheeky grin did the trick ;) we know it's cause I'm gorgeous lol.
Have you ever heard the poem "smiling is contagious"? It always makes me grin, the poem should win it's own NSV award hehe.

NSV I just noticed today, 2 actually!

Combat trousers I bought a few months ago keep falling down over my bum when I walk, need to wear a belt with them now :D

Also I've gone down to the 4th notch on my belt, a few weeks ago the 3rd notch was too tight

Yey Grae that's brilliant! Gotta do the happy dance, which is also good for body magic lol.

I have an NSV yesterday, but didn't realise it lol. We ran out of food in the house 'cause my brother came home for the week. Anyway we had some chicken left and thought that it was better to eat that before buying food. Unfortunately my dad cooked ALL of the pieces before I could take a couple to de-skin them. Whilst I removed the skins afterward so it was sin free I could taste the fat. It actually made me feel ill eating it, and I left them after a couple of bites. It's weird to think that I used to Love eating all that grease, and I've only changed my eating habits in the last seven weeks. Healthy loving tastebuds are my NSV.

i had a NSV last night - I am a big fan of pandora and my hubby took me in to our local store to buy something to celebrate my 3.5st award - i decided on a leather double band bracelet and at the same time a woman at the side of me was buying one and the seller asked who the bracelet was for as they need to know which size, small, medium or large or a dress size the woman said that her friend is a size 12/14 so the seller said she needs a medium.. the guy serving me asked if the bracelet i was buying was for myself and i said yes- he didnt say anything and just put a bracelet on me which was a nice loose fit so we bought it and left all the way home I was wondering what size theguy judged me at - I measured it up to the sizes on pandoras website - he gave me a medium!! i was sooo thrilled xxx i think even after losing 52lbs I still see myself at my heaviest weight and this guy doesnt x pheww that was long winded lol xx

I was waiting for the Legs bums and tumms class to start and got chatting to this thin woman who is just there to tone up ... I said I have another 2,5 stone to lose and she said I "don't look like I have that much to lose " I said I do and that I already lost 3st :D she was impressed I must say :D

Lehairycrab no worries we like long posts :) it's lovely that you've got "a non food reward" for doing so well, especially when it was smaller than you were expecting. What's even better is that you could reward yourself with another charm each 1/2 stone you lose.

Awe Nika bet you were grinning all through the workout.

Never thought i'd see the day that the smell of food frying in oil eg fried onions or food frying in butter eg omlette , would make me wanna heave :D ... A little bit of body magic running out the kitchen when that all starts is a plus too

yoyonomore2012 said:
Never thought i'd see the day that the smell of food frying in oil eg fried onions or food frying in butter eg omlette , would make me wanna heave :D ... A little bit of body magic running out the kitchen when that all starts is a plus too

Pregnant?

chazzdiver said:
What's even better is that you could reward yourself with another charm each 1/2 stone you lose.

See, we blokes can't do that. (well I suppose we could but I'd look daft with a charm bracelet).

Theres not really anything we can do like that, or the "get your hair / nails done" kind of reward. :(

Anyone got any ideas what the guys can reward themselves with?

ColJack - do you have hobbies or sports that you like to spend money on? If it were my OH he would be rewarding himself with kitesurfing gear, golf clubs, power tools, bling for his van, weekends away . . . I've just read this to him and he laughed - I was right!

ColJack - I would want a Garmin watch to track my running - I think I will reward myself with one of those when I'm still maintaining at my next birthday. Thanks for the idea!! I don't really do the girly stuff either!!

Back