NSVs - Non Scale Victories

ColJack said:
See, we blokes can't do that. (well I suppose we could but I'd look daft with a charm bracelet).

Theres not really anything we can do like that, or the "get your hair / nails done" kind of reward. :(

Anyone got any ideas what the guys can reward themselves with?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

My hubby gets a treat every award. He got the Star Wars blue ray box set for his last one. Arguably better than a charm bracelet ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've had a great NSV this week, 3 people that didn't know me pre-SW were shown a picture of my this time last year and they all said they didn't believe it was me as I looked so different and 2 of them then asked what size I am a now and both I could answer said I looked like a 12/14. I'm currently 14/16 still so that put a big grin on my face x

ColJack said:
See, we blokes can't do that. (well I suppose we could but I'd look daft with a charm bracelet).

Theres not really anything we can do like that, or the "get your hair / nails done" kind of reward. :(

Anyone got any ideas what the guys can reward themselves with?

Chest wax?? Back wax??? Back, sack and crack????? ;)

mrstore said:
Chest wax?? Back wax??? Back, sack and crack????? ;)

That's once a month anyway.. Not really a treat.

No hobbies other than ps3. Don't want to spend even more time on that, kind of defeats the purpose.
Can't / won't do clothes since they don't fit for long.
Suppose I could do tools, but that's for work anyway so again not really a treat. :(

Coljack, I've got a wee list of treats for myself for every stone I lose

New video game - Done
New wallet
New bag
New watch
New shoes
New glasses
New bike accessories
New gadget (iPad maybe?)

I'm going to run out of rewards long before I hit my target, but losing weight should be it's own reward

Last edited:
When I was moving down the clothes sizes (a size every two months) I bought second hand from ebay so cost was low and I was happy to pass them on. Not only was I able to reward myself with "new" clothes but it was also an NSV - giving clothes away to people who I used to be bigger than. I'm now buying size 10-12 and my mother-in-law now wears my old size 14-16 trousers and a colleague has my size 18 tops.

squeezed myself today in to size 14 jeans but could not sit down :D and got my nice linen dress size 14 on but with no bra (it would not fit with one) but hey I am getting there, it did not fit 2 weeks ago and 10 weeks ago I was size 20 so happy days :bliss:

I saw someone today I did a course with just before stating slimming world, I started chatting to her and she said "sorry do i know you" she actually diddnt recognise me, was really weird, i was quite taken back and a little embarrassed having to explain infront of others int he room that she did know me but I had lost weight... still on afterthought it feels great

well i had my 1st NSV last night! i have lost 24lb but not noticed a difference :(
i started SW coz my biggest pair of jeans i could no longer even get over my bum! so was living in leggings (still am!)
but i tried them on last night and i got them over my bum and..done up! :D fook were they tight hahaha but i got em done up!! lol i do also have apair of trousers that i wore to my 1st ever SW and ive put them in my drawer n not touched em since and when i get to my next stone award (4lbs time!) ill try them on n im hoping they will fall down!! lol xXx

Been starbucks twice today, and I didn't have my usual hot chocolate and cream or strawberry creme and I didn't have a cake either. Both times I had herbal teas (first time mint, second hibiscous). It is safe to say I am proud of myself.

ColJack said:
That's once a month anyway.. Not really a treat.

No hobbies other than ps3. Don't want to spend even more time on that, kind of defeats the purpose.
Can't / won't do clothes since they don't fit for long.
Suppose I could do tools, but that's for work anyway so again not really a treat. :(

How about days out, seeing bands , activity days?? I can't wait to try stuff I wouldn't have attempted before as I was too fat.

Also I just wanted to say a huge Thankyou coljack. When I joined here eighteen months ago you had lost about 5 st I think and I remember how that gave me hope I could do it.

ColJack we shall need to work on your imagination. Why not get a friend to get a nude picture of someone you think is gorgeous and cover that piccy with little doors. Every time you deserve a reward remove a door. Lol. Or put a pound in the money box for every pound lost and save them all I'll you find something you really want to buy? I'd recommend a holiday somewhere filled with activity. Or you could buy wacky wigs.

Awe, odd_sock that's a great NSV, I can see why you'd be chuffed with that.

Slimmersally I can imagine you running over to your friends with he old clothes over your newer ones, trousers down your ankles and kicking them off with a loud "here you go" lol.

Nika that's awesome! Lots of clothes disappeared for you in a short time hehe.

Goingtobeskinnysoon that must be a brilliant feeling, I still feel self conscious going into a shop but I can't wait to do that.

Katoof yours made me laugh, I am quite blunt sometimes but I would have loved to say "I was the fat one that sat next to you in class".

Loolahoop that's great, you'll soon get to say bye-bye to those jeans.

Alley89 I bow to your will power.

My NSV today is that my dad and I were emptying the attic and I didn't feel as tired or ill at the end of it, in fact I had enough energy to take my dog out afterwards.

When I started SW I was a sz24! I'd bought some linen trousers from Primark last year sz20, u can imagine how small they were! Couldn't get them past my big bum, lol! Naively I thought, "a few lb and I'll be in them", ha! Anyway id been trying them on periodically, but still thought they were abit too tight. So on Saturday I thought I'd try them again and low and behold, they fit perfect! Hubby even said they looked abit baggy in the bum, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today I can feel my collar bones through just a bit of fat rather than losing them under loads, and I'm starting to look like i have a neck rather than a series of chins. I've a long way to go, but this is a good sign at a great time :)

Another little measuring session this morning and I've now lost a total of 29.5cm from my bingo wings, thighs, tummy, chest and hips. I'm not a full dress size smaller yet, but everything fits a million times better. My size 14 super skinny jeans fit perfectly with no muffin top and dresses I haven't worn for years hang beautifully :)

Completed Race For Life yesterday in 1 hour and 5 mins. Walked the first 4.5k, ran the final 0.5k. Usually my 5k walks take me about 1 hour 20. Last time I did it i finished in 1 hour 25 mins (that was 3 years ago), and there was no way I could run any of it, I even had to stop last time cos I lost all sensation in my foot for a few mins. This time I just powered my way around, was so proud of myself for running a whole 0.5k, through the muddy conditions too.

Back