NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Miss_Corset said:
Another little measuring session this morning and I've now lost a total of 29.5cm from my bingo wings, thighs, tummy, chest and hips. I'm not a full dress size smaller yet, but everything fits a million times better. My size 14 super skinny jeans fit perfectly with no muffin top and dresses I haven't worn for years hang beautifully :)

That's when you start to feel great about what you have achieved... Well done...xx

A woman in work came running up to me today and in a whisper asked me 'what diet are you on, because you look fab'

i told her and she said she's going to look into it ;)

When I started at Gymophobics at the end October 2011 my body fat was 41.6%. The normal range is 30-35%. I have had it measured a couple of times since and it always comes down, but today I had it measured again - 31.5%!! I'm over the moon!!

:happy036:

ColJack said:
See, we blokes can't do that. (well I suppose we could but I'd look daft with a charm bracelet).

Theres not really anything we can do like that, or the "get your hair / nails done" kind of reward. :(

Anyone got any ideas what the guys can reward themselves with?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Massage, that would be lovely i reckon.
Money in a jar for a holiday?
How about a random act of kindness performed by you for another person?

Shirleen said:
Massage, that would be lovely i reckon.
Money in a jar for a holiday?
How about a random act of kindness performed by you for another person?

All good suggestions Shirleen... I really like the idea of the last one...xx

Haven't had an NSV in a while so thought I'd post a few today!

Lost the job I got, only to go and get another one within a few weeks! :D

Been on/off plan recently, today there was a major breakthrough: I resisted visiting Costa and the bakers! :eek:

Wore size 24 trousers comfortably today :D

That's all for now :D

Thanks-I've been asked to fetch them into group with me tomorrow...doesn't seem that long ago that I was wearing them-in fact they were too tight x

Lehairycrab no worries we like long posts :) it's lovely that you've got "a non food reward" for doing so well, especially when it was smaller than you were expecting. What's even better is that you could reward yourself with another charm each 1/2 stone you lose.

Awe Nika bet you were grinning all through the workout.

thanks x ive just gone back and read the post about your accident - its amazing how such a disaster has brought postitives too (i.e getting away from that 'thing') x good luck and well done on what youve achieved so far - especially the nose breaker x

My NSV is that at a meeting today I picked up one of those packets of three biscuits and only ate one! I put the rest of the packet in the bin. In the past I would have eaten a couple of packets.

My boss has just rung to ask if I wanted 2 size 18 uniforms that she has spare cos mine is obviously too big-my reply 'the 1's I have are an 18-20' il need a 14 (cos I like a bit of room)' xx

Back