NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I compared a pic from April last year (6 months prior to SW) to a pic I took the other day and was shocked by how much difference there is. I sometimes don't feel much smaller, but when i looked at that pic it seeemed like my face was swollen from allergic reaction, and I could see differences in my shape as well as size.

That feels like a mental NSV, also I was talking about heathier eating and someone I know asked me what I'd lost, I showed her the picture and she said 'gosh, cause we see you every day it's so easy to forget howmuch you've lost, but it's a huge change well done' I was dead chuffed, but then I really blushed when she passed my phone to 2 other women in the team who called me an inspiration, and said seeing that made them see that putting the hard work in pays off in the long term and that they were going to get themselves back on track (I put the pic in my weight loss diary here too to keep motivating me)

Cycled 6.5 miles today for the hell of it, feel like Superman. If my legs are still attached to my body tomorrow I may well go to a gym :O

I need to get me a bike... :(
Can't afford it yet though.
Mind you, if I cycled the 15 miles to work each day I'd save about £150 a month.
Think it's possible to do 30 miles a day and how long to do it?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I average 10 miles an hour on a sport hybrid with road tires.

If you're fit enough to ride a road bike you might get 12-15 mph, meaning you'd take about just over an hour to get to work, and just over an hour back.

Maybe get the train on the way to work, and then cycle back, or vice versa? If getting the train is an option.

ColJack:

Grae is right - allow 90 mins each way but you'll get faster as you get fitter and used to the route. Make sure you wear a helmet and hi vis gear.

Is car pooling an option if you can't take public transport? You may be able to ride one way and get a lift/train home and then lift/train the next morning and ride home that night. I live 15 miles from work and have twice done that as I wasn't fit enough to go both ways. I bet I could do it now though :) I may have just set myself a challenge!!

Train is an option, station is just 100m from the factory but it's a train into Birmingham, short walk to a different station then another train out of Birmingham.
£27.50 for a rail / bus pass for a week but it's 30 mins by car or nearly 120 mins by train.

I don't mind the extra time if I'm working out and saving money but for a few quid a week saved and still just sitting on my bum I'll stick to the car.

1) bought a new belt today, i was down to the last hole on my old belt..and it's a large :D..

so for my personal end of 2012 goal ''to be in all large by xmas'', all i need now is to fit into a large tshirt (can get into one now, but it looks lumpy and bumpy, so i have to be able to wear and look good in large clothes)

2) my size 38" jeans arn't feeling as tight anymore, but not loose yet :( but soon, fingers crossed ;)

3) 3 days in a row i have done 100 pushups in the morning before work (ok, not all the way down pushup.. maybe half way down, but i'm calling it a pushup :p )

woohoo :p

Malc-D that's awesome, even if your chin doesn't smack the floor each time, you are still doing great, I give up after about five and my dog laughs at me, so well done. ColJack if work is close enough to cycle can you not jog there or on the way back? eBay probably has some cheap bikes.

Eugh Graeme ten miles, I'd manage about three I think, my seat twists around when I sit on mine, and the bolt is done tight lol. Need to put more air in though it's looking quite flat.

Jog??!!!!!
It's 15 miles !!!
I don't fancy a half marathon each morning and evening. :)

How about buying a skateboard and hold onto the back of someone else's car as they drive hehe

chazzdiver said:
How about buying a skateboard and hold onto the back of someone else's car as they drive hehe

Loving the BTTF reference ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Loving the BTTF reference ;)

I'm just glad someone else got it lol. Hate to think no one else liked that movie hehe

chazzdiver said:
I'm just glad someone else got it lol. Hate to think no one else liked that movie hehe
Love it! :D
Grae said:
Just watch out for water
That's hoverboards silly! You wouldn't try to skate on water! :p

Woops, wrong movie, getting ahead of myself there eh lol

I was able to do my belt up on the first proper hole today. I had to add 3 extra holes in the past as it got too tight to wear and I can finally stop using them.

Back