NSVs - Non Scale Victories

The date that Marty set to go to the future was the other day lol.....27th June 2012

I seen that too, but someone said it was fake, I'd fire up my copy of BTTF 2 but it's on VHS and I don't have a video player anymore, haha!

mrstore said:
The date that Marty set to go to the future was the other day lol.....27th June 2012

Grae said:
I seen that too, but someone said it was fake, I'd fire up my copy of BTTF 2 but it's on VHS and I don't have a video player anymore, haha!

It was 2015!!! That I remember - the exact day I don't. We have the set on bluray :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Grae said:

It certainly wasn't it is 2015.

In BTTF II he starts in 1985 goes to 2015 back to 1985 then back to 1955 then the doc gets sent to 1885

Which gives us 3 years to invent flying cars, abolish all lawyers and for about 8 jaws sequels to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not impossible, the original jaws is being re-released in the cinema this year so it might spark a rash of sequels...

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Oh god!! I've just won a bike on e-bay...
£26.01... Not bad.
Now all I need is a helmet, lock, lights, hi-vis, spare / puncture repair kit, pump, water bottle, panier set....... Anything else???

What kind of bike did you get ColJack?

Go to tesco you can get a puncture repair kit and tool bike set for £5 in one little box, I got it the other day and it's really handy. They also have all the other stuff you mentioned cheaper than a Local Bike Shop or Halfords

Get some GT85, it's like WD40 but for bikes specifically, don't use WD40 it's too corrosive. Also available from Tesco/Halfords

I'd also recommend getting mudguards if you're going to ride on the road, I went to work once covered in a massive brown streak up the back of my jacket.

Also when locking your bike up always lock it by the back wheel, not the front
File:StolenBike-FrontWheel.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's got mudguards.
Never thought about tesco, good call.
I'll wait till next Saturday to try a dry run to work to time it and see if I can make it. ( lots of country roads this end. )
It's an apollo something.
For £26 I didn't really look that hard. It looks ok and says it works ok.
Might not need a lock yet as I can bring it inside the unit at work.

*Emsie* said:
I completed race for life today in less than 30 mins managing to jog all round. It was actually 4k not 5 as the course was waterlogged in places but am still really chuffed as only started jogging this year

Well done.
I tried starting jogging earlier this year but I didn't.
It hurt to run so I'm gonna cycle first.

Just tried on the bag of 'smaller' jeans from the bottom of my wardrobe, they all fit!!!! :) a couple of them were a little tight....but they fit woo hoo! :) I haven't been able to get into them for a couple of years.....oh they were size 14's......I was struggling to squeeze into 18's in January

That's excellent mrstore!

Lol I set off a distracting conversation by the look of it.

Bumped into one of the mums from my sons old primary school....not seen her since before Xmas......she said she couldn't believe how amazing I looked :) :)
It's made my bloody day!!! :)

well my sisters come up to see me at the weekedn and said how well i looked and that i looked healthy and not my usual tired self :) which was great in itself, but i see them everyotehr week so i suppose they dont get the before n after effect lol then my youngest sisters bf came in wo i havent seen since xmas and he sed "wow laura, you've shrunk a bit since last time i see you! are u on a diet?" lol

made my weekend!! :) xXx

just got a new works tshirt today ( a summer tshirt, in this weather .. HA! ) and it's a size smaller then the one i got at the begining of the year, getting there slowly :p

OMG i swear i got my best ever NSV today!!
im quite a shy person, my eldest son is 9 and i have never ever got to know any of the mums in the playgroud etc, weeellll i was just walking home from the shop and i heard a voice say "u've lost loads of weight aint ya!"
i turned around and there was a mum i recognised from the school, so i said well im trying, lol lost nearly 2 st, so she asked how, i sed SW and then she said "yeh me and my mate were saying how much weight you had lost the other day, sorry we werent talking about you, but we are jealous, u look great!"
omg i was trying not to beam from ear to ear lol thgen she said her n her m8 gonna join SW too! lol i rekon i should get commission...if they do actually join that would be 8 ppl i got to go! lol xXx

Malc-D said:
just got a new works tshirt today ( a summer tshirt, in this weather .. HA! ) and it's a size smaller then the one i got at the begining of the year, getting there slowly :p

I started wearing XXXL today down from XXXXL
5 weeks ago a XXXL was far too tight for me!

I'm also buying 46 inch waist jeans down from 52 inch waist jeans, yowza!!

Back