NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My recent one was the lollypop lady who works just down the road. I saw her when i was walking into town(obviously not at work) and she actually stoped me and said my you;ve lost weight, i've been watching it coming off you! That made me soooo happy i was like squeeeee! I got very flushed and said thank you lol

I got measured for a bra for the first time recently, I decided afterosing this mug I could do with wearing the right thing. Ive gone from a self diagnosed 40c to a 36f in a matter of a day. I may not have a cleavage somehow, but I feel rather awesome and womanly!

one from a few weeks ago... one of our friends told my hubby i was 'fit' :D

Now ive never ever been referred as that lol. couldnt stop smiling

Jess<3 said:
one from a few weeks ago... one of our friends told my hubby i was 'fit' :D

Now ive never ever been referred as that lol. couldnt stop smiling

Haha I had one like that a while ago......it was one of my OH's colleagues birthday party and I met all his work mates for the first time and one of the youngest lads he works with told my OH that I was a milf!! Lol

Called at work yesterday after being on mat leave for 10mth n lots of people were just walking past me then realising it was me lol tbh it was more the fact id changed my hair colour n style but still had loads of comments about how slim i looked n how well i looked....it felt very good

Two NSVs, one yesterday, one today. Both connected. I bumped into my MP yesterday, i havent seen for a couple of months. He starts laughing and theatrically looks around to see where my belly has gone, and today by coincidence i bump into his wife. She starts gawping (in a nice way, they are both great), she had heard i had lost weight, but couldnt believe how much different i looked.

She is the second person this week to actually imply that i am 'there', that i no longer need to lose any weight. A friend earlier on in the week said, no one looking at you now would consider you overweight.

Both of course are exaggerations, its more a case of how much less fat than i was. I still have a bmi in the mid 32 range and at least two stone to take me out of obesity and four stone to move me into 'normal' bmi. It does feel good though. It was implied that i no longer need to go to fat club! (though i could see it would be a bad thing... If you reach a weight you are happy with you need to disengage slowly otherwise it will come on as quick as it left)

Work ordered in pots & pots of curries & i ate my leftover dinner & salad!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

I have caught sight of my reflection in shop windows over the last couple of days and thought I look pretty darn good! It's odd, because when I actually look in the mirror properly, I don't see the difference but when i catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye it takes me a moment to realise that it is me.

I'm currently wearing a pair of size 16 trousers and am now a 14-16 on top.... this has made me happy. Also my ex(who is also a good friend) told me he had noticed the weight loss a lot recently and also looking at myself in a mirror isnt such a chore anymore, still working on the reflection but i'm a little happier with what i see, which is a huge thing for me LOL

NSV ... realizing how much weight ive actually lost when hubby can put his arms all the way around me with extra space when cuddling! didnt realise the difference until now1

I bought two pairs of size 12 jeans, from different shops - so I know its not just a fluke of one shop being slightly bigger fitting!

I can wrap a regular bath towel around me - no more lugging 2 towels to the pool. :)

This is a bit of a strange one, but somebody was kissing me last night (let's move swiftly on from this part!) who is a smoker and for the first time since I gave up smoking over a year ago I found the taste of cigarettes off-putting. Now to most this is probably a common reaction, lol, but as there's been a tiny little part of me that's missed smoking since I gave up, finding the taste off-putting is a big step forward for me. I think I can finally say that I'm over my smoking phase! :D

dudette2001uk said:
This is a bit of a strange one, but somebody was kissing me last night (let's move swiftly on from this part!) who is a smoker and for the first time since I gave up smoking over a year ago I found the taste of cigarettes off-putting. Now to most this is probably a common reaction, lol, but as there's been a tiny little part of me that's missed smoking since I gave up, finding the taste off-putting is a big step forward for me. I think I can finally say that I'm over my smoking phase! :D

That's fantastic!! But what we really want to know is........who were you kissing??!! Lol ;)

the other week i was able to slip into a size 36" jeans, they were 'slightly' tight and i could only stand up in them.. today i went bowling with my sister and was able to wear them, able to sit down and actually bowl in them. fingers crossed to another size by xmas :)

Back