NSVs - Non Scale Victories

That's fab gazter, to see the effect it's had on your health is awesome!

I have a mini NSV I guess, I'm wearing a skirt to work for the 4th time in almost 9 years here, and I feel pretty good. people were looking at me on the way in and main brain thought 'i must look good!' rather than 'they're staring at the fatty'

At my gym class on thursday, a lady who hasn't been for a while commented on how much weight I'd lost. We've never spoken before, and I was really touched that she came up to me and said how well I'd done. Little things like that really spur me on.

I always make a point of saying to people at the gym when i notice because of this thread! I would have noticed but not said anything before

I wore a top that i have not worn for about 3 weeks . I went to te.sco and caught my reflection and thought it looked longer and baggier. Later on in the evening , my mother asked me why my top has suddenly got so long and big looking. I said yeah i guess i might have to buy another one. Cue one big grin :D ...

I have send new pictures to my mother in law today, I have not seen her since March. now my Hubby and I are both over 3 stones lighter and she said WOW I am impressed :)
and she said I look gorgeous :D

Wore my new 40 inch waist trousers to class today. And, without me saying anything, the SW consultant said, "you've got new trousers, you are looking fantastic".

My first weigh in i was wearing 52/54 inch *elastic* waist trousers.

Last week I finally got into size 10 jeans - the only item of clothing I was struggling to fit into, everything else is a comfortable size 10. It was a HUGE surprise therefore to go into Next for a new skirt and find the 10 was far too big and I needed a size 8!!! Completely bizarre but I like it!

Another NSV today. They are coming in thick and fast:

[h=6]Someone said the nicest thing to me today, i think i might have ever heard. Visited a new customer this afternoon. Was sorting the problem out for her and chatting away. I noticed that she had a Slimming World pack on the bookshelf next to where i was sitting. I mentioned I was at Slimming World. We talked about SW for a while, she asked how much i had lost. She said she couldnt imagine me being that heavy.
She said when she answered the door she didnt see me as fat, she just thought "what a nice young man". And when I ran up the stairs with my heavy repair case, she thought to herself "healthy too".

As I walked back to the car, my eyes welled up a little bit :)[/h]

Last week I finally got into size 10 jeans - the only item of clothing I was struggling to fit into, everything else is a comfortable size 10. It was a HUGE surprise therefore to go into Next for a new skirt and find the 10 was far too big and I needed a size 8!!! Completely bizarre but I like it!

Amazing, can't wait until that happens to me. I wished you had a food diary. Well done on your slimming sucess so far x

Tried on a dress in monsoon today. A size 14. The lady in the changing room said it looked lovely on me and was it a 12!!! :D I'm not quite a 12 - YET :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A few for me today -
*Managed to get through 2 months of travelling without gaining (but still having a great time and a few treats)
*Moved into our new flat yesterday and went straight out to buy fresh food to cook with, rather than going to a restaurant
*Bought size 12 jeans in the Next sale - bit tight, but STILL :)
*Met up with some old work colleagues who I haven't seen for 2 years and they couldn't get over how well I looked

This has got me so motivated to keep at it!

Gutted i had to throw away some new lace knickers i bought few months ago, only wore once but there way to big now! so Yay! but gutted lol

2 for today - firstly I'm wearing some size 12 tailored trousers I've had in my wardrobe for years (3 or 4!!) with the intention of slimming into and never did...until now! SO happy about that!

Secondly, just got called over by one of the girls in the office who is lovely but works in a completely different department so I don't speak to very much and she said "Sarah! How are you losing all this weight?!". Didn't really think many people at work had noticed (apart from the people in my team who hear me talk about it) so am feeling great! :D

I had a pair of union jack Austin Powers boxer shorts. They were a gift from a friend when i got married in New Jersey twelve years ago. They *just* fitted me in 2000, I wore them a lot. They stopped fitting me some time ago. When I ran out of clean underwear last year, i picked them up expecting to be able to fit into them.

Well, that was a bit of a shock. Couldnt even pull them all the way up. Tried them on today, for novelty purposes only. Well, they could barely stay up... My Boxer Shorts need a belt! LOL

Just noticed and was told that my hands and feet have lost weight !! Crazy, but i will take it as a nsv :p

It's not really even a victory, but during the woman of the year thing my C said 'personally I would have nominated ThatBubbs' and said that she thinks I wasn't nominated because I'm fairly new to that specific group. I didn't mind at all, but it was nice to hear that she thought I was worth nominating (she's seen my before / during pics)

Back