NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Was feeling adventurous in Tesco today. I normally buy their xxl boxer shorts, and they are always tight until worn in a bit. Picked up an XL today and they fitted comfortably (i didnt try them on in store mind you....). I also fancied pushing my luck and tried on two different polo shirts. XL and L, I tried the L on, and it fitted over me, if not a pinch too tight, especially around the moobs and the back of the arms.

The good thing is that the XL actually felt baggy. A big improvement from XXXL shirts that i used to wear that began to pinch a bit :)

ThatBubbs said:
It's not really even a victory, but during the woman of the year thing my C said 'personally I would have nominated ThatBubbs' and said that she thinks I wasn't nominated because I'm fairly new to that specific group. I didn't mind at all, but it was nice to hear that she thought I was worth nominating (she's seen my before / during pics)

That's excellent, what a great feeling that must have been x

gazter said:
Was feeling adventurous in Tesco today. I normally buy their xxl boxer shorts, and they are always tight until worn in a bit. Picked up an XL today and they fitted comfortably (i didnt try them on in store mind you....). I also fancied pushing my luck and tried on two different polo shirts. XL and L, I tried the L on, and it fitted over me, if not a pinch too tight, especially around the moobs and the back of the arms.

The good thing is that the XL actually felt baggy. A big improvement from XXXL shirts that i used to wear that began to pinch a bit :)

Well done x

The scales haven't been moving recently but today my hubby kept touching my bum and said it looks firmer and smaller (but he said he doesn't want it getting too small!), later on he then said "have you got a new bra" I said no, why, and he said my boobs look bigger but it must be because my waist is slimmer! Feel really good today x

HPSaucy said:
The scales haven't been moving recently but today my hubby kept touching my bum and said it looks firmer and smaller (but he said he doesn't want it getting too small!), later on he then said "have you got a new bra" I said no, why, and he said my boobs look bigger but it must be because my waist is slimmer! Feel really good today x

Yay!!! Fab NSV's :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's a brave man who comments on his wife shape. It's like digging a hole down to australia.

Just asked by a stranger last week why I was wearing a jumper 'that is so big for you, you look stupid'. This was my work jumper in a xxl! I told them it fitted my 14 weeks ago and they said 'Wow, you were fat, well done!' Suppose it's better than just being called fat!

Just asked by a stranger last week why I was wearing a jumper 'that is so big for you, you look stupid'. This was my work jumper in a xxl! I told them it fitted my 14 weeks ago and they said 'Wow, you were fat, well done!' Suppose it's better than just being called fat!

lol some people do have a certain way with words!!!

got a denim mini skirt in size 14 and it fits!! and I can even breath in it and put my hands in the pocket :happy036:

lol some people do have a certain way with words!!!

I think sometimes it can still hurt a little (as well as bringing a smile). A customer today said she saw me get out of the car, and wasnt sure it was me, she told me that i smile a lot more now. Which is great, but at the bottom of my stomach, I got the inference that in the past i looked miserable and unhappy.

I think sometimes it can still hurt a little (as well as bringing a smile). A customer today said she saw me get out of the car, and wasnt sure it was me, she told me that i smile a lot more now. Which is great, but at the bottom of my stomach, I got the inference that in the past i looked miserable and unhappy.

I see what you mean gazter. I personally would not be hurt by it because in the past i know i have appeared to look unhappy but that is because i was unhappy. I smile a lot more now and appear to be more ' open' in the way i am but that is because i am starting to get my groove back.
Also gazter you have lost an incredible amount of weight so far so you know she probably had to do a triple take to check it was you. I would take it as a compliment :) ...

Whoopity whoop whoop. Walked into Evans looking for a light cardi. Previously wore sizes 22/24, now fitting into 18/20 !!!!:D ...

I see what you mean gazter. I personally would not be hurt by it because in the past i know i have appeared to look unhappy but that is because i was unhappy. I smile a lot more now and appear to be more ' open' in the way i am but that is because i am starting to get my groove back.
Also gazter you have lost an incredible amount of weight so far so you know she probably had to do a triple take to check it was you. I would take it as a compliment :) ...

Thanks....
that double take is happening more and more, my wife who I hadnt seen for two months gave me a double take today

two for me today :)
managed to get in to high waisted size 14 denim pants and there is a gap between my legs...and... did our weekly shop under £60 pounds in Asda (normally was around 100) yey for me :clap:

This is a bit late but on Friday I went out with my best friend and she kept commenting on how 'skinny' I looked and how much she loved the dress I had on! :)

Back