NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Was walking down a walkway on the way to the toilet in work today, and i saw the HR (human relations) woman walking by the door. she looked at me smiled then carried on walking, stopped looked back and waited for me. when i got to her she said 'wow, your looking really trim' i thanked her and she asked me how much i had lost, she said it was amazing.

kinda scared tho, as she's the woman that writes all the ''whats going on'' newsletters for the bi-monthly meeting that get read out to everyone.. altho i am very proud with what i have done, i don't want it broadcast to everyone in the factory.. if people want to come up to me in private and talk to me about it thats fine. so this is a bit of a double edged nsv... happy but nervous :) :(

When a person loses nine and a half stone, it doesnt take a HR newsletter for people to catch on...

I can only dream of nine and a half stone :)

I measured myself yesterday and in the ten weeks since I've been on plan I've lost 2 inches from my bust, 6 inches from my waist and 4 inches from my hips, so I've lost a whole foot of myself!!

I also managed to buy a pair of size 16 jeans that fit three weeks ago, which are already starting to get looser, and when I started I was a size 20!! :)

My baby got weighed last week and he was 14lbs 5oz, so in the 18 1/2 weeks since I've had him I've lost the equivalent of more than THREE of him! :) xx

Whole packet of choc digestives on the office main table. Haven't had one even though my syn allowance would allow it. I know if I have on I'll want more! :)

I bought a bra from a high street chain store and it cost less than 10 euro - always had to have the expensive super cups before!!! And tried a 16 cardigan on in Primark and it fits - I could only ever buy socks, shoes and jewellery, there was never any point in even looking at clothes in there before.

I bought a bra from a high street chain store and it cost less than 10 euro - always had to have the expensive super cups before!!! And tried a 16 cardigan on in Primark and it fits - I could only ever buy socks, shoes and jewellery, there was never any point in even looking at clothes in there before.

i know what you mean, it would cost me upwards of £35 to buy a set of casual khaki chinos style trousers in the big sizes. I picked up a fabulous pair at asda for £9. Couldnt believe my eyes, and they fit my bum properly, unlike those larger ones.

Best fitting pair of trousers i have bought in a decade!

i know what you mean, it would cost me upwards of £35 to buy a set of casual khaki chinos style trousers in the big sizes. I picked up a fabulous pair at asda for £9. Couldnt believe my eyes, and they fit my bum properly, unlike those larger ones.

Best fitting pair of trousers i have bought in a decade!

So now we can own 4 times as many clothes!

On a roll... Just had a second NSV, this time in the shower (keep it clean girls, keep it clean!), when shaving (my face) I always found the neck was a bit of an issue. This was because the creases in the skin were hard to actually shave cleanly, making it sometimes not that smooth, in hot weather this could get quite irritable. Just did a shave today, all smooth right around my neck, in fact i dont think it has even been as smooth :)

my mother in law said to my husband today that he's got a gorgeous wife :D she never said that before but she seen my picture from the day before and apparently was shocked how well I look ( I cant upload pictures not sure why so cant show you :D)

Put a belt on this morn, about 3inches past last hole!!! Its in the bin.

From other day, my Old faithful jeans r now in the bin. Could pull them down without unbuttoning them!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

A slightly strange NSV. I woke up today with severe cramping, I ended up driving to the A&E, i was in agony! Anyway, they decided to do an ECG on me. Asking if I had any heart problems, I said no, she remarked that I looked fit and healthy....

Always a silver lining! When I weighed 21st9 I doubt she would have ever said that.

A slightly strange NSV. I woke up today with severe cramping, I ended up driving to the A&E, i was in agony! Anyway, they decided to do an ECG on me. Asking if I had any heart problems, I said no, she remarked that I looked fit and healthy....

Always a silver lining! When I weighed 21st9 I doubt she would have ever said that.

Loving that silver lining! Hope you're feeling better x

gazter said:

Hope you're ok?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nice one from my Dad this morning - I usually see him at least once a week when I pop 'round for various things but today he came 'round to borrow our lawnmower as his is playing up and he took a step back and said "Wow! You really have lost a lot of weight!". I'm not sure he'd really noticed before, bless him. Am feeling a million dollars now in my size 12 top! Wearing some size 14 cream trousers which I absolutely love but they're going to have to go because they're waaaaay too big even worn really low on my hips. Might have to go out and get a replacement at the weekend!

Loving that silver lining! Hope you're feeling better x

The doctor also asked me if I had any changes in my lifestyle recently. I said I had lost six stone. He assumed I meant six
pounds, and I said no, six stone. He was quite taken aback, and repeated six stone to me several times when he came back...

gazter said:
The doctor also asked me if I had any changes in my lifestyle recently. I said I had lost six stone. He assumed I meant six
pounds, and I said no, six stone. He was quite taken aback, and repeated six stone to me several times when he came back...

NICE! :D

gazter said:

Bet it felt great to amaze him like that! Hope you're feeling better :) xx

I had a funny one today, a lady from the breastfeeding group said to me "where are you going" and me being blond replayed I just came back I am not going anywhere and she said " no I mean you disappearing" and she grabbed me by my waist.
tbh I don't know why people think they can touch you when you lost weight, she is not the first one this week that had felt my waist this week...strange :) maybe they want to make sure I have some fat left :D

Nika said:
I had a funny one today, a lady from the breastfeeding group said to me "where are you going" and me being blond replayed I just came back I am not going anywhere and she said " no I mean you disappearing" and she grabbed me by my waist.
tbh I don't know why people think they can touch you when you lost weight, she is not the first one this week that had felt my waist this week...strange :) maybe they want to make sure I have some fat left :D

I've had that too! People putting their hands round my waist!?

Ok so this is kind of a sad NSV :(

My hubby bought me a pandora bracelet when I started SW and I got a charm for every sticker :D

Well I tried it on yesterday - without undoing it!!! It's way too big :(

Back