NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Ok so this is kind of a sad NSV :(

My hubby bought me a pandora bracelet when I started SW and I got a charm for every sticker :D

Well I tried it on yesterday - without undoing it!!! It's way too big :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Move to ankle? Or am I being a bloke?

I had a funny one today, a lady from the breastfeeding group said to me "where are you going" and me being blond replayed I just came back I am not going anywhere and she said " no I mean you disappearing" and she grabbed me by my waist.
tbh I don't know why people think they can touch you when you lost weight, she is not the first one this week that had felt my waist this week...strange :) maybe they want to make sure I have some fat left :D

i hate that too ... i' had a woman come up to me in work , saying i had lost a lot of weight and then decided to rub my belly like i was a good luck buddah.. i could have slapped her. and don't see what gives people the thought that a person losing weight would like, or enjoy that..

lsf666 said:
Ok so this is kind of a sad NSV :(

My hubby bought me a pandora bracelet when I started SW and I got a charm for every sticker :D

Well I tried it on yesterday - without undoing it!!! It's way too big :(

What kind is it hunny? Is it possible to take a link out or get it shortened? Xx

Was at work today and our MD told me that my weight loss is amazing and that I don't need to lose any more! Bless him.

i hate that too ... i' had a woman come up to me in work , saying i had lost a lot of weight and then decided to rub my belly like i was a good luck buddah.. i could have slapped her. and don't see what gives people the thought that a person losing weight would like, or enjoy that..
Love the bit about the good luck Buddah!

Was at work today and our MD told me that my weight loss is amazing and that I don't need to lose any more! Bless him.
In much the same vein as the people who think it's okay to give you a little squeeze (see posts above), I find it unacceptable that anyone else has the right to say whether you "need" to lose any more. I know he meant well, but it's purely personal.

Arctic-BNG said:
Move to ankle? Or am I being a bloke?
Hmmmmm. Not sure about that?
sammyb1985 said:
What kind is it hunny? Is it possible to take a link out or get it shortened? Xx
It's a proper pandora! No altering it :(

[/QUOTE]It's a proper pandora! No altering it :([/QUOTE]

Well if he buys you a charm each time as a reward then on the next stone or something he can buy you a smaller bracelet

It's a proper pandora! No altering it :([/QUOTE]

Well if he buys you a charm each time as a reward then on the next stone or something he can buy you a smaller bracelet[/QUOTE]

I'll run that past him ;)

You can then use the bigger one as an egyptian type jewellery that they wear on their upper arms. No need to waste it after all :D

chazzdiver said:
You can then use the bigger one as an egyptian type jewellery that they wear on their upper arms. No need to waste it after all :D

Thanks x

I'm sure I'll do something :)

I need to use a belt to hold up the size 16 jeans I bought 4 weeks ago!! :) xx

I won a family portrait session at a local photography place and picked up the pictures today. I don't hate them. In fact, I think I look really nice. And I only have one chin!

Bit of a sad one... My engagement ring is now too big so can't wear it or I'll lose it :( going to wait till I've lost all my weight to see if I can get it resized xx

sammyb1985 said:
Bit of a sad one... My engagement ring is now too big so can't wear it or I'll lose it :( going to wait till I've lost all my weight to see if I can get it resized xx
I wore mine on my middle finger until I got mine resized :) It's been resized twice now :D
jezzi999 said:
You can get clear plastic tubing "ring snuggie" things on eBay for pennies, they should tide you over. OH had to do that on our wedding day as his ring was a size too big and we didn't have time to get it adjusted.
They work definitely but my Dad (he's a jeweller) suggested wrapping tape around the back to make it smaller as a temporary measure - nice and cheap :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I tried one of those snuggled but it kept slipping round the ring between my fingers and rubbing :( I also tried tying an elastic band around it a few time which worked for a few days but rubbed and then snapped. I'll try the cellotape and if that doesn't work then I can try changing fingers until I can get it resized. :) xx

sammyb1985 said:

I jst put mine in 2day 2 get resized. Dont think i will lose anymore on fingers now. Size L!! I wore on middle finger. If not wanting that put on necklace & wafer round neck :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Back