NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Postman knocked on the door this morning with a package i needed to sign. He looked at me and said, "You're wasting away".

gazter said:
Postman knocked on the door this morning with a package i needed to sign. He looked at me and said, "You're wasting away".

Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Updating my shoe size NSV - I'm now a size 5.5! Was a 7-7.5 before!!!

It was not something i looked out for until i read earlier on in the thread. I noticed when i tied my laces, pulling them tight meant that the shoe felt like it was folding over itself on the upper buckles. Obviously a lot less padding there!

I just opened a pack of shortbread biscuits and ate one. It was bloody delicious. So I ate another one. I say 'ate', more like 'inhaled'. Then I realised what I was doing and threw them away before I scoffed the lot.

I just opened a pack of shortbread biscuits and ate one. It was bloody delicious. So I ate another one. I say 'ate', more like 'inhaled'. Then I realised what I was doing and threw them away before I scoffed the lot.

What a victory. It is harder to stop doing more damage once you have been tempted, than to avoid the temptation all together. Well done!!

Updating my shoe size NSV - I'm now a size 5.5! Was a 7-7.5 before!!!

Ahhh - so it's not just me - I tried shoes on the other day and a 7 was too big but a 6 a tad too small - was an 8. OMG if I have to replace all my shoes as well I don't know what I'll do!!!! I love shoes.

largerthanmost said:
Ahhh - so it's not just me - I tried shoes on the other day and a 7 was too big but a 6 a tad too small - was an 8. OMG if I have to replace all my shoes as well I don't know what I'll do!!!! I love shoes.

eBay your shoes :D

Squeezed my ass into a pair of Primark size 16 skinny jeans (legs above knees are bigger than the rest of me) - tight but doable and I didn't have to lie on bed and huff n puff and drag the zip up bit by bit then hoist self off bed.
Even tight, I felt it was a victory.

All my polo and t-shirts are now medium size. This has been the best summer in a long while, I've been able to wear what I want :)

Supergirl1980 said:

That is definitely something I need to learn how to do!! I always eat the whole packet of whatever it is :(

After a bad sw week, I saw a mate today who I' e not seen in about 5 months and he said 'look at you, you look great, you're smaller - significantly so' made me feel fab especially as I'd put baggy jeans on today (I'd had a self esteem dive earlier that had led to me sobbing in the bedroom, so went for comfort clothes)

It just goes to prove when you're as big as I was, once you get to 4st or thereabouts it really does get noticeable

Oh and also, I bought biker boots that almost zip to the top of my calves. And they're from the kiddie section, so won't have the same leeway as normal ones. Yay!

Some fab nsvs! My pandora is the same my friend said it was because its stretched .....cheeky moo! Once i get to target ill buy a new smaller one n sell the other on ebay! Have same problem with my wedding n engagement rings already had them resized once! Sarcastically told my friend they must have stretched too!! ;-)

jojogonnabeslim said:
Some fab nsvs! My pandora is the same my friend said it was because its stretched .....cheeky moo! Once i get to target ill buy a new smaller one n sell the other on ebay! Have same problem with my wedding n engagement rings already had them resized once! Sarcastically told my friend they must have stretched too!! ;-)

Lol at your friend!!! :) Well done

A good NSV:
The Mayor of Carlisle gave me a funny look about an hour ago and asked if I had lost weight, I commended him on his powers of observation.

Apparently someone told a friend of mine last night that I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight since he last saw me (about 7 weeks ago) and that I'd got a lovely pair of legs! Think the skyscraper heels helped there though! :D:D

My friend wouldn't tell me who it was though, so I just have to guess! :) I've only lost 10.5lb in that time, so I haven't really noticed any weight loss - it's nice that others have.

had new wedding rings done while on holiday in Cornwall, after losing over 4 stones each the old ones did not fit but we did not wanted to melt them down and do new ones. had new ones hand made to fit us and the guy said I have a tiny finger and really I am all tiny :D

Yesterday at a BBQ, everyone was asking how much I had lost, i told one group, Six and a half stone (ok, i'm half a pound off, but damn it, I'm close enough). It went quiet and all i could hear was an echo "he's lost six and half stone"... For the american woman there, i converted it to 90 pounds.... She barely weighed that herself!

Sorry to add another. My sw pack is bursting open with all the bits and pieces in there, i was just about to throw some out, and well, most of the bulk is caused by the certificates.. Not bad for six months work. I might have put the local kebab house out of business, and those letters and coupons from Domino's are getting more and more desperate! I am not going to throw them out..
certificates.jpg

Back