NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My jeans (20s) were falling off me :D so I went to buy a new pair. I got into the 18s but they were uncomfy and tight - now they fit!

Also my very tight black jeans 18s now fit - Without squeeze me to death knickers! :wee:

I was feeling very upset about a 0.5lb loss this week, until I noticed that the half pound actually brought my BMI to exactly ten points lower than when I started. Down from 46.1 to 36.1. Yay!

I was feeling very upset about a 0.5lb loss this week, until I noticed that the half pound actually brought my BMI to exactly ten points lower than when I started. Down from 46.1 to 36.1. Yay!

Congrats!! That's a big achievement. I felt similar going from 43 to 33.

I missed WI today as I had to go on a course for work that was held in a hotel. I pretty much went off plan as there were pastries and biscuits with the coffee and I couldn't choose the lunch (salmon in a creamy sauce). I did however, choose the fruit for dessert even though there was cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake. It's not a big NSV given all the other crap I ate today, but I need to cling to the one good choice I made today!

I saw a mum today on baby clinic that I have not seen for few months and she said to me "have you lost loads of weight?" and I said yes its 23 weeks of slimming world and gym and she said she needs to start too and I said I have another 2 stones to lose she said " but you look great, you don't need to lose any more" :D i told her to try and do the free 12 week SW programme lose weight feel great and she said she will try :) but I felt good :bliss:

Buying a size 14 fitted dress that not only did up perfectly put with a zip down the back I did not have to worry about ripping the arm/shoulder seams as I reached to do it up!

Oh and the new size 14 jeans I bought a few weeks ago as I was tired of going around like a bag lady in my old clothes are now a bit too big - yes they are stretch fabric but it such a good feeling to not only be in a size 14, but to not have to wear bondy-con knickers to get into them and to have to put on a belt to keep them up!

On my way out for the evening and i'm wearing a skirt. This is almost unprecedented!

Not so much skirts themselves that I dislike, but I'm the worlds coldest woman - even in summer - and I've always had trouble getting tights. I have a 36" inside leg, and getting tall AND large tights is almost impossible. But managed to get a pair of XL m&s 100 denier purple woollen tights the other day and they fit! Yay.

So instead of eternal jeans and a jumper, I've got denim skirt, tights, converse shoes, and a short sleeved jumper on. It doesn't sound much but its a miracle to me! My husband couldn't believe it when he saw me getting ready :)

36 inch in length? You are 5ft 7 with 36 inch legs?

LOL, they must be pretty darn close to your neck. My inside leg is 31 inch and i'm 5ft 11.

Im discovering bones i never knew i had its a little bit freaky when ur not use to it lol i also have skinny toes now which my husband says look like fingers pmsl

I have the same! its so funny, I noticed on my face when I put cream on that it is slimmer and my collar bones are sticking out :D

I have the same! its so funny, I noticed on my face when I put cream on that it is slimmer and my collar bones are sticking out :D

Today I noticed, for the very first time, a small amount of muscular definition and shape around my shoulders and arms. Not exactly beefcake material yet. About eight week of kettlebells twice as week is coming through for me :)

I just ran 11km outdoors! Granted I had a few one-minute breaks in there, but still I am so excited I could just about burst! Six months ago I could barely run for a couple of minutes without feeling like I might die. Also I joined the gym yesterday, and while looking around in the kettlebell section tried (and failed) to pick up a 20kg weight. It was a big moment when I realised that that's what I had been carrying around with me in excess weight - so glad it's gone!

miss_miffi said:
I just ran 11km outdoors! Granted I had a few one-minute breaks in there, but still I am so excited I could just about burst! Six months ago I could barely run for a couple of minutes without feeling like I might die. Also I joined the gym yesterday, and while looking around in the kettlebell section tried (and failed) to pick up a 20kg weight. It was a big moment when I realised that that's what I had been carrying around with me in excess weight - so glad it's gone!

Great job hun! Well
Done! Xx

jezzi999 said:
I have a 36" inside leg, and getting tall AND large tights is almost impossible. But managed to get a pair of XL m&s 100 denier purple woollen tights the other day and they fit! Yay.

gotta love M&S! I'm 36" too (but 5'11!) and they are the only tights in the world that seem to fit! I'm off to check out the purples ones now....! X

My Husband did 100 floors today in the gym, on that thing that pretends you going up the stairs, I was impressed but did not hug him , to sweaty :D

I went to a family party last night (attacked the buffet a little bit too much, but it was planned for, so thats ok) and there were family members i hadn't seen in more then a year. i lost track of all the people telling me how well i had done. There was even a man there that i had worked with for two years, but had not seen him three, and he walked past me twice before he realised it was me.
As i was walking around taking photographs (always my job at parties) loads of people were asking me how i done it, what i do etc, that they need to do it too. One woman asked me how i was related to the birthday girl, i explained that i was her nieces son, she said 'thought she only had one son?' she was shocked when i said that was me.
Had a bit of a grin on my face most of the night, well, untill everyone started leaving and started rubbing my belly buddah style saying again how great i was doing..

Been living in my jogging bottoms lately or the odd day I've put a dress on, trying to knock the last out of the summer! Put my "everyday" jeans on today and they are so loose. It's wonderful! Plus when I started my weight loss I bought a pair of knee boots that wouldn't go past my calf and a pair of 16 Falmers jeans - the jeans are too big in the waist (bought the wrong style for me - they sit below the bellybutton) and I can get the boots on! Yay. I never thought I'd see the day. Now to get into a 14 everyday ....

Went back to a customer i saw a couple of weeks ago. The time prior to that was in march. They didnt mention anything a couple of weeks ago, but this time, they were itching to broach the subject...

"you've lost a *lot* of weight, havent you?"
hehe
"when you come to the door the other week, i was taken aback, you looked so different"

I told her i had lost six and half stone, she asked if i was following a specific diet. I told her Slimming World.

She said "I knew it, i said to Ray, I bet it's slimming world".

She rejoined herself last week.

gazter said:
Went back to a customer i saw a couple of weeks ago. The time prior to that was in march. They didnt mention anything a couple of weeks ago, but this time, they were itching to broach the subject...

"you've lost a *lot* of weight, havent you?"
hehe
"when you come to the door the other week, i was taken aback, you looked so different"

I told her i had lost six and half stone, she asked if i was following a specific diet. I told her Slimming World.

She said "I knew it, i said to Ray, I bet it's slimming world".

She rejoined herself last week.

That's a good one :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I bought a swimsuit today. All my swimsuits are a size 18+ so when I tried one on the other day hubby said NO you need a new one.

Just popped in a shop in town and got one. In a size 14 :D

The fact it was on sale too made hubby happy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back