NSVs - Non Scale Victories

3 people told me today I look fantastic with my weight loss :D and I didn't even wash my hair last night :8855:
I was close to being cheeky to one lady but held my tongue she asked me how long and how much etc and after me saying 27 weeks she said she would like my results in a week I was close to saying chop your leg off :D my Hubby thinks its hilarious... but she is an older woman and a head Health Visitor so I don't think it would go down too well...

Harebell Fairy said:
Youre welcome ;-)

:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

mariebee1 said:
wore a pair of size 16 trousers today...very very happy, 18 months ago i was pushing a size 30

Amazing Marie. Well done :)

Down from size 24 pushing 26 to size 20 skinny jeans, & they're comfortable! Oh, and able to wear a favourite necklace my Gran gave me again, for first time in over 12 years. I suppose that means I'll have to go shopping for a new target dress .....

Nearly opted for a takeaway last night. Had actifried chips, beans, Linda McCartney sausages and 'fried' eggs instead. Way nicer and no guilt this morning! :D

Good for you!! It's great to have an alternative 'like' food, and actually enjoy it instead of the pizza or greasy kebab and chips.

gazter said:
Good for you!! It's great to have an alternative 'like' food, and actually enjoy it instead of the pizza or greasy kebab and chips.

Feel guilty now :(
Succumbed to chish n fips last night

Back on plan today though :D

Whoo hooo! :) I just went to Asda and thought I'd try on a coat, not expecting to get into the size 16 I wanted to because only 2 months ago I couldn't even get into a size 18, but not only did I get into a 16, I EASILY got into a 16 and now actually fit a size 14!!! I'm so happy! Plus I tried on some size 14 jeans and got into those easily too! I'm so happy!! :) so I've lost 4 dress sizes in the last 5 and a half months!! xx

I beat my target of walking 10 miles last week by 3.5 miles and I found I didn't struggle so much with the hilly parts of the hikes as I expected I would... not too bad for my first week :)

had a few friends round, they all decided to order a huge pizza deal with all the trimmings, so I quickly went into the kitchen and knocked me and the Oh up some Nando's chicken and SW chips, only syns were the pitta bread. :)

had a few friends round, they all decided to order a huge pizza deal with all the trimmings, so I quickly went into the kitchen and knocked me and the Oh up some Nando's chicken and SW chips, only syns were the pitta bread. :)

Pizza is really hard to resist, congrats!

Ran a 5k in 30 mins and 15 seconds, smashing my previous best by over two minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a pair of jeans three weeks ago in a size 12, but hadn't worn them. I tried them on this weekend and they were too big. I had to exchange them for a size 10 - super happy!!

[h=5]Best compliment ever?
Just visited an elderly customer who lives on her own.
I had been before so she didn't mind me coming round quite late in the evening.
Knocked in the door she answered looked at me and said "I think I've called the wrong person". I had to show her my old photo on my iPad I was holding to convince her!!!![/h]

Had to go into work to discuss when I'm going back after my maternity leave. Sat at a table in the canteen tight near the walkway to wait for my manager and he came down and walked right past me!!! He only realised it was me because I stood up to say hi lol! He said that he saw me and thought 'she looks a bit like sam' but didn't think it was me so carried on walking! :) he hasn't seen me in 6 months so it's been a while. Xx

Had to go into work to discuss when I'm going back after my maternity leave. Sat at a table in the canteen tight near the walkway to wait for my manager and he came down and walked right past me!!! He only realised it was me because I stood up to say hi lol! He said that he saw me and thought 'she looks a bit like sam' but didn't think it was me so carried on walking! :) he hasn't seen me in 6 months so it's been a while. Xx

great story!

sammyb1985 said:

Hey hun hope it went ok im back on 31st oct boooooo! Its a fab feeling when people dont recognise you. I had the same thing felt so good about it that i didnt feel as anxious!

Aww thanks hunny, hope it goes ok for you when you're back! I felt so nervous just being in the office, I was physically shaking! Hoping that nobody noticed, though i calmed down after 20 minutes or so :) then I just enjoyed the compliments! I just hope I've got a lot closer to my target for when I'm next in! I want them to see yet another difference :) xx

Aww thanks hunny, hope it goes ok for you when you're back! I felt so nervous just being in the office, I was physically shaking! Hoping that nobody noticed, though i calmed down after 20 minutes or so :) then I just enjoyed the compliments! I just hope I've got a lot closer to my target for when I'm next in! I want them to see yet another difference :) xx

I suspect there might be a bit of office jealousy... To come back from maternity leave having not only lose the weight gained through the pregnancy, but to have lost a further 2 1/2 stone might make a few feel a bit uncomfortable... Do you have any befores and afters?

Back