NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Went shopping last weekend and managed to fit into a size 14 pair of jeans. Put it down to a fluke given the shop. Went out yesterday tried on size 14 skinny jeans in another shop-fitted perfectly! Plus size 14 coats and jackets :) yay!!!! This time last year I was spilling out of size 20 and very close to a 22. I'm taking a scenic route to target but I'm getting there :)

gazter said:
I suspect there might be a bit of office jealousy... To come back from maternity leave having not only lose the weight gained through the pregnancy, but to have lost a further 2 1/2 stone might make a few feel a bit uncomfortable... Do you have any befores and afters?

I have one from the morning I gave birth and from when I'd been in slimming world 10 weeks, so 6/7 weeks ago and I've lost more weight since then, I'll post it below. One of the women there actually put her hands round either side of my waist commenting on how 'tiny' it was (it's nowhere near tiny!)... And I thought the unwanted touching stopped once I gave birth! Xx

Attachments

• image-2621787757.jpg
    image-2621787757.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 120
I'll do another comparison after 20 weeks on plan, hoping that will show decent changes between each of the photographs then :) xx

An extremely NS-related V yesterday - I got ID'd for a scratchcard. He said 'You look around 16, but sometimes people look older. I'm 30 in 7 weeks!
I thought as I lost weight I might not look as young, clearly it's getting worse! (I don't look 16 though, probably around 23/24)

sammyb1985 said:
I have one from the morning I gave birth and from when I'd been in slimming world 10 weeks, so 6/7 weeks ago and I've lost more weight since then, I'll post it below. One of the women there actually put her hands round either side of my waist commenting on how 'tiny' it was (it's nowhere near tiny!)... And I thought the unwanted touching stopped once I gave birth! Xx

Fantastic hun u look amazing yummy mummy!

Gorgeous!!

sammyb1985 said:

Wow!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow!! :)

Thanks hunny! When I look at the before and after photos I can see the difference, but apart from the baby bump, when I look in the mirror I don't really see any difference, even though I know the scales and dress sizes are going down, I just don't see it, so it's nice to look at these photos every now and again:) xx

sammyb1985 said:
Thanks hunny! When I look at the before and after photos I can see the difference, but apart from the baby bump, when I look in the mirror I don't really see any difference, even though I know the scales and dress sizes are going down, I just don't see it, so it's nice to look at these photos every now and again:) xx

I'm with you there. I still see a very big girl in the mirror - photos are better :)

I actually have a NSV today! I refused both doughnuts and cupcakes at work :D

My first non-scale victory happened on Saturday. I've been a bit down about how slow my losses have become so I needed the boost. I bought a dress for a night out planned At the end of November....in a size 16! It's a little bit tight now but I think in 4 weeks time it'll be a comfy fit. I haven't worn a size 16 for 8 years since I was a teenager. The best feeling in the world in that changing room! Usually I hate clothes shopping And would end up crying in the changing rooms but this time I was beaming :)
Xxx

its my Birthday on Friday and we going away for the weekend and I got this really sexy black dress(long sleeve boobs out a bit, knee length and fitted,so decided to go for "magic pants" :D got a pair in size M from Tesco and they are too big! they do nothing of the tucking in that they supposed to so will go for S or will not bother at all. few months ago it was size 20+, now I am being brave in size 14 fitted dress :bliss:eek:h and must not forget the very high purple heels :D

Hubby got very concerned before when he felt a bump just outside my kneecap. I explained it was a bone. He double checked my other leg to make sure. He then said he preferred me being all soft but was relieved when i pointed out I still have a tummy that's pretty damn soft!!!!!!

Bumped into an acquaintance yesterday in Tesco, I was looking rough after a sick day the day before and he collared me and OH and opened up the conversation with 'If you don't mind me saying so you look well, you've lost weight haven't you?' I smiled and said, 'Aye, 4st in around a year' and he replied 'Bloody hell that's good going, well done - it's really noticeable that you've lost weight'.

I was like :D It's only about a month since we saw him last, but I was reet chuffed :D

Back