NSVs - Non Scale Victories

In the last week or so i have been having NSVs and so over the moon. So many people at my daughters nursery and my group say they see a real difference and one mum at nursery even wanted to know the secret lol. I've never had this kind of praise before well not truthful one anyway and the only thing that make a little down is that my dad isnt here to see the tranformation but if he was i know he would be so happy as he was always worried about my weight. Lol i have a waist now and just waiting patiently for my tummy to deflate so i can buy clothes that fit properly x

I popped into a pub I used to work in last night and one of the regulars who I've known for about 7 years but not seen for at least a year didn't even recognise me! He smiled when I waved and then done a double take... 'bloody hell you look amazing! Didn't even know it was you until you spoke!'. Cue big smiles! :D

Yesterday one of my customers said to me 'Blimey girl you are getting thinner by the day'. As I am sixty and have only lost about a pound in the last six weeks I was pleased by the 'girl' as much as the 'getting thinner'.

Went to Liverpool shopping today and nipped into the Simply Be shop! Found a beautiful Joe Brown tweed jacket, which fitted and then spotted a few other items so picked a few to try on. There was a jumper dress which I picked up in a size 24 as they didn't have a 22, and then a gorgeous black dress which again I tried in a 22, and the same in red but in a 24 as again no 22! I tried the jumper on and it was a lovely fit, and got some nice compliments from other people outside the changing rooms so decided I'd have that, then tried the red dress on and it was lovely. Thought I'd try the black one on as it was a size smaller and was again told the smaller size looked better. Was really chuffed as don't normally wear dresses-but the best bit came when I checked the price tags. The black dress was actually a 20 not a 22, and the jumper dress was an 18!!!! Me, fitting into a size 18 in something!!! Woooo woop! I know I've got a very long way to go still but it's an 18!!! So I'm a very happy Jojo this evening xx

The girl who runs my daughters creche said - wow look at you - what size are you now - a 12 or even a 10 ? De flipping lighted as just got my mini goal of 12 stone 10lb & I'd have sworn she is lighter than me (she could not believe when said I was a 14). But I did look at self naked in changing room which NEVER used to do - in fact avoided changing rooms full stop - and I am now fat fit or fit fat ? with a bit of a belly but my exercise seems to be paying off.
Sold 3 pairs of size 22 trousers for €15 and bought a tunic dress size 14 for €10. Great day.

For years ive worn a size 16/18 depending on the make of clothing. Sometimes I couldnt get a 16 top fastened across my bust :-( I bought a top in the sale in Dorothy Perkins last week and albeit a little like a dress type top its a size ........... 12 yahooo. I do think its the make rather than all weight loss as I know I havm't lost that much yet up top. Just to say its a 12 made me smile all day

1. The class I was working in today were having a Halloween party, the teacher had left some popcorn for me to dish up on plates for them. My hands actually touched the sweet goodness but not one piece passed my lips.

2. I've worked in that school before and there's one girl there that I was quite friendly with. She looked at me earlier and looked away, I went up and jokingly said 'are you not speaking anymore?', she didn't even realise it was me, she said I looked so different...either that or she just didn't want to speak to me haha!

went to primani yesterday (Primark) and spend £130 :D got 3 coats and other bits but few months ago I was size 20 in there now my coats are size 14! got a lovely red elegant one and Hubby told me I need to get red heals with that and than he asked me to put that and the heals on in the hotel room and said " I like it, another stone and you will be wearing burka" :D

just got back form the shops, with a new pair of jeans, only 36" waist :p
ok, a bit of a muffin top, but i can close them and it's not popping at the seams.
And a new belt too.. a medium :eek: medium, never been a medium in my whole adult / teenage life :D

thats not bad really, gone from 52"/54" to 36"(ish) next year i'll be in medium tops.. i hope ;)

Malc-D said:
ok, a bit of a muffin top, but i can close them and it's not popping at the seams.
And a new belt too.. a medium :eek: medium, never been a medium in my whole adult / teenage life :D

thats not bad really, gone from 52"/54" to 36"(ish) next year i'll be in medium tops.. i hope ;)

Wow!! :)

Fantastic I started same waist, now I'm a tightish 38"

Went out yesterday to buy a top for my birthday next weekend and came home with a size 12. My 18s were tight in June :)

Bought a new dress for an occasion and the 16 was a perfect fit. It's v stretchy but still a wonderful feeling to have tried the size above and it not feel right!

got size 14 skinny red jeans from Asda tonight and I can breathe in them :D and even sit down ...I will look great on Friday :p

I am no longer obese :bliss: I am now "only" overweight :flirt2:

Told by my OH last night " I can tell your losing weight" by your figure - I knew what he meant bless him but it's nice he noticed. I think the fact that I wasn't wearing leggings and a baggy top helped lol. I was wearing clothes that FIT yayyyyyyy

Back