NSVs - Non Scale Victories

kinda 2 nsv tonight

went to my cousins tonight for a haloween party for her kids, her father in law walked into the room said hi and walked passed me to the buffet, he saw my mum and dad and then asked, where i was.. they pointed at me and his jaw nearly dropped, only been 6 months since i last saw him..

i was giggling my bum off, before the kids dragged me away to play 'rollercoaster' with them (picking them up and bouncing them around like a rollercoaster'

wasn't as knackered this time ;)

The beautician I go to said I was looking well, I can only assume she meant weight loss wise as I was dressed in my gym gear and the upper half of my face was BRIGHT red as the other beautician had ripped half of it off when she was fixing my hideous eyebrows. Now that I've typed that I promise she wasn't being sarcastic but surely with all these other things it had to be weight wise? That's what I'm clinging to!

Went to an old work colleagues wedding...my husband still works with him, to find out the next day that he didn't even recognise me...he thought i was just helping my friend with her kids for the evening! BUZZING!!

I pulled out some old clothes last night and stumbled upon my 'favourite' going out top. Y'know the sort, big, black and covered all manner of lumps and bumps but I *thought* I looked good in it.

Put it on to see how much of a difference... I actually put a belt on it and asked the OH if he liked my new dress! It literally came down to my lower thigh and could pass as a dress. Couldn't believe it! Think I might actually get it customised into a proper dress!

Went to my usual cotton traders shop, I used to wear xxxl size shirts from there. Today i tried on the very first 'large' in at least two decades. Not only could i squeese into it, it didnt in the slightest feel tight on me :) unlike those xxxl shirts that were beginning to pinch a little, only eight months ago.

Was helping at school disco tonight and teacher who last saw me in July didn't recognise me and wondered who was with my children. Lol.

Am going to an impromptu party tonight so needed a new top quick-I live in a small town so shops are limited along with stock and sizes but found myself spoilt for choice :)

I then saw the only woman who I hate with a passion-whom I haven't seen for 5 years and was visibly obvious I was thinner than her (she was a size 10 and me an 18 last time I saw her)

Went to mothers earlier today in the sun and had no coat. Weather changed and is freezing so she said 'ooh try this jacket on to keep you warm, I'm sure it'll fit you but it's too small for me.'

Tried it on, perfect fit and a size 14. Lovely jubbly way to perk up my weekend :)

Had 2 weeks off work, but went in today for overtime. Going down the stairs in front of my friend to clock back in after lunch, I was in front of her.

She said wow get you skinny minny - your middle is disappearing. Made my weekend :)

Texty_F said:
Had 2 weeks off work, but went in today for overtime. Going down the stairs in front of my friend to clock back in after lunch, I was in front of her.

She said wow get you skinny minny - your middle is disappearing. Made my weekend :)

Yay to a disappearing middle :D xx

Just visited a customer I havent seen since New Years. I knock on the door, she answers it, looks me in the eyes, and goes, "where's Gareth?" I smile back and say "it's me!!". A bit stunned, she said she had never seen anyone go through such a transformation :)

I MADE IT TO A SIZE 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today from ASDA and they fit! I still have a little bit of a muffin top, but as I had a baby 6 months ago it's to be expected and should hopefully go once I've lost a bit more weight :) Not bad to say I was a size 20-22! xx

Thanks hunny, i really am! couldn't believe it when they did up! xx

I'm gonna be ecstatic when I can say I fit into a size 12 :) - I was never any bigger than a size 10/12 when I was younger, then I got married, had 2 kids, an office job and no exercise, hence the weight gain to a size 16 bordering 18 depending on the make of clothes. I wanna be back there in smaller sizes I will do it!!!

Back