NSVs - Non Scale Victories

You will definitely do it hunny! If I can do it then anybody can! :) xx

I'm thinking positive - want to be at goal for April for my holiday in Mexico. I don't want to be the beached whale any more I want to be a beach babe

Was dropped to a size 12 in my work uniform from an 18 and being told I look lovely and slim! ^.^ a real confidence booster love this thread!!

Not sure if this is one but.........

Sat in KFC watching car being washed, next door, with just a black coffee?
That's one ;-)
I did it in McD's recently - had a bottle of water and brought in some melon. Felt great to be making the choice not just mindlessly chomping because it was there.

My mum had a bag of clothes I used to wear in 1997-1998 that I had put under a spare bed when I discovered beer and grew out of them. I said I was keeping hold of them for when I lost weight. 15 years later I collected the bag from my mum and most of it fits! Some is too big, some too small, but lots fit. I don't necessarily like it all now, seeing as I'm not a teenager any more and don't fancy wearing see-through tops and very short skirts, so have put some in the clothes donation recycling bin, but I wore a fitted long black skirt to work today that I last wore when I was in 6th form!

My mum had a bag of clothes I used to wear in 1997-1998 that I had put under a spare bed when I discovered beer and grew out of them. I said I was keeping hold of them for when I lost weight. 15 years later I collected the bag from my mum and most of it fits! Some is too big, some too small, but lots fit. I don't necessarily like it all now, seeing as I'm not a teenager any more and don't fancy wearing see-through tops and very short skirts, so have put some in the clothes donation recycling bin, but I wore a fitted long black skirt to work today that I last wore when I was in 6th form!

i demand photographs!

Last night my Mam made the most amazing looking chocolate cupcakes and white chocolate cookies. I didn't as much as sniff them- I've had a brilliant week and I wasnt going to compromise WI tonight!

Last Tuesday our group had a clothes swap where people brought there old clothes that no longer fitted them, and for a donation of 50p per item, others could take them home.

I brought home 2 pairs of black Next size 12 jeans, with the aim of "slimming into them". Got round to trying them on on Sunday night, and they fit perfectly!! :D I wore one pair yesterday, and the other pair I have on today. Only problem is, I want to wear them inside out so that everyone can see the size label!

I've not been (comfortable) in a size 12 since probably my first year at senior school, 9 years ago!! I'm beaming :D

sammyb1985 said:
I MADE IT TO A SIZE 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today from ASDA and they fit! I still have a little bit of a muffin top, but as I had a baby 6 months ago it's to be expected and should hopefully go once I've lost a bit more weight :) Not bad to say I was a size 20-22! xx

Woohoo to u x

My nsv for the week....Normal width knee high boots. Something I thought would never happen. Last year I got away either an elasticated pair bit this year normal boots. Eeeek!!

2 for me today - being told as I'm cooking tea by hubby " your fading away woman"

Going to Asda sale - have been a size 16 for years, picked up a size 14 dress ( I never try things on in the shop) got the dress home ..... oh nooooooooo its a 12 on a 14 hanger. Sod it ill try it on anyway ..... yayyyyyyyyyyyy it fits ( albeit it tiny bit tight on my tummy) but it will fit in a couple of weeks

Fitting into my little sisters jacket that's a size 12 and being able to borrow each other clothes again :D

Ive only been on SW for 4 weeks bur I've already had a few NSV :)
My work trousers no longer fit, they keep falling down :)
My boss said my face looked slimmer :)
And one of the regulars in the Harvester I work in said I look a 'new woman' compared to what I looked like when they 1st came in (we have only been open 6 weeks)

Woo Woo for NSV :)

Ive only been on SW for 4 weeks bur I've already had a few NSV :)
My work trousers no longer fit, they keep falling down :)
My boss said my face looked slimmer :)
And one of the regulars in the Harvester I work in said I look a 'new woman' compared to what I looked like when they 1st came in (we have only been open 6 weeks)

Woo Woo for NSV :)

A great start to the rest of your life... It is amazing how a small amount of weight loss on some people can make a difference. I have lost seven and a half stone, and there was some half stones I lost in a couple of weeks which had a bigger impact on how i looked than a couple of stones in a couple of months.

2 for me today - being told as I'm cooking tea by hubby " your fading away woman"

Going to Asda sale - have been a size 16 for years, picked up a size 14 dress ( I never try things on in the shop) got the dress home ..... oh nooooooooo its a 12 on a 14 hanger. Sod it ill try it on anyway ..... yayyyyyyyyyyyy it fits ( albeit it tiny bit tight on my tummy) but it will fit in a couple of weeks

I was convinced the clothes sizes werent correct at Asda. I bought some 42 inch trousers and they fitted, it seemed weird, I tried on an XL shirt, and again it fitted. It just didnt feel right. For a while i thought I couldnt possible be fitting into these clothes.

I was originally 52/54 inch trousers and xxxl shirts. They dont even sell these size clothes at Asda. I am now 38 inch trousers and large shirts :)

Thats exactly how I feel lol hubby said go on upstairs and try it on. I said dont be stupid I wont even get it over my head...... well as Cilla would say Suprise Suprise I did yahoooo

Back