NSVs - Non Scale Victories

[h=5]After buying a couple of 'large' tops last week, and realising they are probably a touch big for me i went and bought a couple of 'medium' t shirts and a 15 inch collar long sleeved shirt.
Both of them fitted, however both felt just a touch tighter than i'm used to. When you are really big, clothes that hug your skin are usually doing it because you need a bigger size, maybe when you are smaller, snugly fitting is what they are supposed to do.
I'll get used to it... I figure about another three to four pounds and they would be a fair bit looser anyway.[/h]

I think old habits die hard - despite my OH telling me my trousers are now hanging off me like a bag of s*ite I still insist on wearing them as they "feel" comfy. They probably look horrendous but I cant get used to thinking and feeling smaller. So for you Gazter it must feel weird but amazing at the same time. Another 3lbs will drop off you :)

I'm really not sure if this counts at all but in the last couple of days I've thought I look quite a lot slimmer...am now lying in the bath and for the first time in ages my belly is looking much flatter (not flat by any means, just less round and sticky outy!) and I'm really quite chuffed! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yesterday I wore a top to work that I had bought for my summer holidays but didn't fit- does now :D

I've got a packet of mince pies in the kitchen, they sit and stare at me all day but so far I have been strong enough to resist. This is a victory for me!

Didnt buy the three for £1.20 choc bars that were on offer in co-op even though they practically jumped in to my basket! x

At a café with my Nana she bought doughnuts and apple pie - I resisted despite the fact I was really wanting food as I hadn't had a chance to get lunch yet! I was so happy with myself!

Last edited:
Worked overtime today - saw girls from an old section I used to work with. One of them said my god girl not seen you in ages looking slinky lol

I was in Sainsburys, they had a bag of fresh cheese and onion pasties marked down. There was about four in the bag. Now, I knew i could have one and it wouldnt do any harm, but i also knew, that what would happen is i would get home and eat all of them within a few hours. So, I walked away.

In the same way the other day i had my first snickers bar for seven months. The price of one by itself was about 50p, there was a pack of four for £1. I resisted, because once again, i would get the four pack and eat them all.

I know i need to exercise control better, not just at the shopping basket, but what works, works..

I was in Sainsburys, they had a bag of fresh cheese and onion pasties marked down. There was about four in the bag. Now, I knew i could have one and it wouldnt do any harm, but i also knew, that what would happen is i would get home and eat all of them within a few hours. So, I walked away.

In the same way the other day i had my first snickers bar for seven months. The price of one by itself was about 50p, there was a pack of four for £1. I resisted, because once again, i would get the four pack and eat them all.

I know i need to exercise control better, not just at the shopping basket, but what works, works..

Nom, nom - pasties - not had one since last April! They just don't know how to make a decent pastie in Ireland and so it's easy to resist but a trip to Greggs is a must normally when I go visit my mum (although it would have been more a inbetween shopping snack than dinner). Maybe I'll deserve one by Christmas :D

My NSV this week -
Size 12 dress in the reduced aisle in Tesco - was 23 euro down to 6 euro. Tried it on expecting to have to put it away for a while but it FITS & I wore it today.

Nom, nom - pasties - not had one since last April! They just don't know how to make a decent pastie in Ireland and so it's easy to resist but a trip to Greggs is a must normally when I go visit my mum (although it would have been more a inbetween shopping snack than dinner). Maybe I'll deserve one by Christmas :D

My NSV this week -
Size 12 dress in the reduced aisle in Tesco - was 23 euro down to 6 euro. Tried it on expecting to have to put it away for a while but it FITS & I wore it today.

I needed a suit for an important public meeting on Tuesday. Since nothing seems to last longer than six weeks, I went to Asda George today to pick up what i could as cheap as possible.

42 inch chest jacket, 38 inch waist trousers, 15 1/2 inch neck shirt and size 10 shoes.

It used to be a 54 inch jacket, 52 inch trousers, 19 inch shirt and 10 1/2 shoes.

Back