NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I needed a suit for an important public meeting on Tuesday. Since nothing seems to last longer than six weeks, I went to Asda George today to pick up what i could as cheap as possible.

42 inch chest jacket, 38 inch waist trousers, 15 1/2 inch neck shirt and size 10 shoes.

It used to be a 54 inch jacket, 52 inch trousers, 19 inch shirt and 10 1/2 shoes.

Proves you don't need armani to feel like a million dollars - a cheap suit can do it too.

A couple for me.
OH decided it was time I stopped wearing old baggy clothes and took me shopping Friday. Bought all 14's and 16's. Was an 18-20 at the end of July and a 22+ 18 months ago.
Second one is that people at work have finally started to notice. Three lovely comments in one day from girls who didnt know I was dieting. And I met an old friend on Saturday who I havent seen since August. Wore a new dress and she was constantly saying I looked good.
And thirdly (and most importantly to me) my BMI is 31.5 so am only 8lbs from being overweight and qualifying for fertility treatment after all my tests :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

A couple for me.
OH decided it was time I stopped wearing old baggy clothes and took me shopping Friday. Bought all 14's and 16's. Was an 18-20 at the end of July and a 22+ 18 months ago.
Second one is that people at work have finally started to notice. Three lovely comments in one day from girls who didnt know I was dieting. And I met an old friend on Saturday who I havent seen since August. Wore a new dress and she was constantly saying I looked good.
And thirdly (and most importantly to me) my BMI is 31.5 so am only 8lbs from being overweight and qualifying for fertility treatment after all my tests :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins
Well done! And good luck with your treatment - wont be long now, make a nice Christmas present.

Thankyou. Fingers crossed :)

I had two today, I was at a midwife group - with work- and one lady that was waiting said to me "you very slim, you must have long way to go" in the past when I was working in that group was just asked how much I have got left... and second was from a midwife who said " that coat must weigh more than you now, you lost loads now haven't you". I have the same coat that I had 5 stones ago because my manager says she can not order one, needs to be more but nobody else needs one at the moment, so few people said in the past few weeks that I am hiding behind a coat and that the coat is wearing me now but it reminds me how far I have come :)

A couple from me too: I was bending over the bath washing the kids' hair last night and hubby came up behind me and said I had a slim bum! And at work today 2 people complimented me, one saying I am "shrinking by the day".

Handing in my Uni essay! A non weight related NSV - hope I haven't intruded too much!

Fab news ladies on the compliments =D

My NSV has to be: fitting into those jeans that were oh so tight before!

Now just have to find that they are way too big :) can't wait!

A weird NSV. I dont think i have mentioned it before.

My car runs on LPG autogas, thus the fuel gauge is no good. My four wheel drive car has a trip journey built into the digital screen. As a matter of routine i reset the trip counter every time I fill up. I used to get the fuel economy of between 220 to 235 miles (the lpg device has a gauge that flashes when at a certain amount to warn you it needs refilled, this always flashed at between 190 to 200, it now flashes at 200 to 210), it now goes between 230 to 245.

Nothing else has changed except my weight :)

that's a funny one alright Gazter - have you figured out how much a year it works out at?

My black jeggings really are getting too big to wear. There's only so far I can hoik them up!

Walking down the office earlier to nip for a wee, I was stopped twice. Once to tell me I was looking slim (I think not, they forget the 'mer' from the end) and the second to tell me they loved my dress and that it fit nicely. I was chuffed. Well, I'd be more chuffed if I wasn't fretting about the dentist later today lol!

Resisting the amazing choc shortbread at the little bakery near where I was working, my colleague was getting a pasty (I brought a salad in I might like to add) and it was calling my name but I told it NO! Lol x

today I'm wearing a size 14 skirt and size 14 top :D

Giving blood today :)

I really want to give blood but 1) hate needles & 2) I have just had a tattoo (kind of defeats # 1 but it is completely different feeling!!!)

I will go in January :)

Today they were handing out bitesize pretzels in my shopping centre - which are AMAZING - and I said no!! Was soo proud of myself!

Back