NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Had decided I'd be off plan yesterday but found myself automatically making healthier choices :) I didn't stuff my face like I normally would, filled up on veggies and chose fruit salad rather than Christmas pud or chocolate torte. I still had a couple of chocolates in the afternoon but before SW I would have finished the box.

I'm stupidly proud of myself because it's well-known in my family that if I have a choice between healthy and unhealthy, I'd go for unhealthy 100% of the time, purely because I prefer that kind of food. So, this seems like a big step forward for me :)

been to the doctors because my knee is playing up and she said "you might want to lose some weight, not that you have much to lose" I could kiss the woman :D

I bought zumba for the wii over a year ago. I have never played it because the belt that you have to wear round your hips to hold the remote didn't get near touching. I dug it out again just now and it properly fits, with about 8inches of overlap. Now, I shouldn't be that surprised- I know I have lost a lot of weight, but holding the tips of the belt together today, tips that didn't even touch at one point, and seeing the massive gap between my body and where the belt reached was bizarre. I can't really believe that my body used to be filling that whole gap, and then some. I don't really see myself as looking that differrent, but I guess I do!

been to the doctors because my knee is playing up and she said "you might want to lose some weight, not that you have much to lose" I could kiss the woman :D

Love it, i got a real kick out of my GP discussing my impending surgery, saying that losing weight is always good, but that doesnt seem to be needed with you.....

Maybe my best NSV.

I got myself a whole shed load of nsv's today. I can remember the sales last year - same as it has been for the last few years - I'd go to my mum's and then a trip to Matalan and basically bought everything in the Rodgers and Rodgers sale lines that fitted . This would then be my wardrobe until August when I'd do the same again. Just if it was big enough I'd have it.
Today I bought a pair of those stretchy pull on knee boots in a regular calf and they fit - a pair of 12 jeggings, a pair of 12 jeans & a t shirt in Dunnes that was a size 10 (OK so it's one of those badly sized things but I own something in a 10 and can wear it!) and a 12 swimsuit which I christened at the pool after all the shopping.
Best of all the jeggings & the boots were in a charity shop, still with tags on for €3.50 and €15 respectively and it was 50% off day! Bargain.
Oh and packed my case for a trip home and my clothes and the kids clothes now fit in one case :D
I'm one happy bunny and I can see 150lb coming my way soon :)

I was in a health food shop today, looking at some of the overpriced tat, and someone thought i worked there. I look healthy enough to work in a health food shop !!!

Yesterday was a nsv everyone telling me not to lose anymore weight. My brother said I look like Kate Middleton but prettier. LMAO. My husbands uncle asked me where the other half of me was lol. The one benefit to not seeing family for ages.

Went to drop hubby off at his mams at lunchtime - I was talking about my weightloss and said I want another 6lbs off in Jan - he said my god woman there will be nothing left of you - your bras are already too big on you i noticed yesterday lol

A compliment I suppose

Went to drop hubby off at his mams at lunchtime - I was talking about my weightloss and said I want another 6lbs off in Jan - he said my god woman there will be nothing left of you - your bras are already too big on you i noticed yesterday lol

A compliment I suppose
lol. Good NSV - did he offer to take you shopping? Then it would be a nsv! Or perhaps a miracle ;)

Back