NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I was in the cinema yesterday and popped to the toilet after the film, and was surprised to look in the mirror and think I didn't look so bad / so big. I know I've a long way to go in my journey yet, but I think this is one of the few times I've seen how I actually look now if that makes sense? :)

In Starbucks and stuck to sparkling water and flaked tuna salad. Instead of my normal milkshake, coffee, toaster and cake!! Ha x

Currently 15st 4.0lbs

My NSV today was actually - not buying a new pair of scales as they were reduced to £10 in Asda really nice Salter ones.

I put them in my basket wandered around the shop and put them back - In my head I was thinking theyre newer I might weigh less on them lol - how daft am I

Hey might be true u never know! Had my ring size checked lost 4 sizes in a yr....was after a ring to keep my wedding rings on until im at target then ill have them altered for the second time!

Today I realised that for the first time in as long as I can remember, I have a healthy BMI. I know its connected to weight, but it made me happy :)

And a friend told me I had skinny legs. Woo hoo!

A NSV, maybe it isnt?
Anyway.... At class yesterday we had lots of new slimmers. Some of them like i used to be with lots and lots to lose.

I remember on my first day, the lady in the group who weighed me was really nice, didnt really look like she needed to be at a slimming class, but didnt think much else of it. When the consultant read out everyone's losses during Body Image, she announced 'And christine has lost 7st 3 lbs'.

I was just taken a back, and talked to the people either side of me who were also new. We couldnt even comprehend her being seven stone heavier.

Back to last night. I hit target last night, and it was the only award given, so, all the new members, who had just received their new member talk, came and sat down and this was the first thing they heard.

The consultant read out my name, that i had made target, losing a total of 8st 3 1/2 pounds.

Loud gasps from the newbies... One asked how long it took me to do that, I told them all, March... More gasps an whispers..

Lapping up the audience :)

A NSV, maybe it isnt?
Anyway.... At class yesterday we had lots of new slimmers. Some of them like i used to be with lots and lots to lose.

I remember on my first day, the lady in the group who weighed me was really nice, didnt really look like she needed to be at a slimming class, but didnt think much else of it. When the consultant read out everyone's losses during Body Image, she announced 'And christine has lost 7st 3 lbs'.

I was just taken a back, and talked to the people either side of me who were also new. We couldnt even comprehend her being seven stone heavier.

Back to last night. I hit target last night, and it was the only award given, so, all the new members, who had just received their new member talk, came and sat down and this was the first thing they heard.

The consultant read out my name, that i had made target, losing a total of 8st 3 1/2 pounds.

Loud gasps from the newbies... One asked how long it took me to do that, I told them all, March... More gasps an whispers..

Well done on reaching target :) FAB achievement!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A NSV, maybe it isnt?

Thats brilliant! I've been there and know what its like its quite funny sometimes when you've had a bad week and then people hear how much you have lost altogether and more attention is given to that!
Well Done You!

Mine is a sort of NSV - I've moved the scales out of the bathroom and into the spare room (where I never go) and am now on my third day of not serial weighing! Hope I can keep it up til Tuesday! The real test will be if I can not S-W at the in laws over the weekend, as their scales are bang on correct, and in the bathroom! I'm sure I will manage! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A NSV, maybe it isnt?

Well done on the loss & meeting target. Gr8 motivation 4 us all x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

I restarted sw this week but will be doing it myself as i can't get to a group. I think this NSV thread is a great idea :happy096: i can't wait to tell you all about mine.

I just got measured for a new bra - I've gone down 3 back sizes!

my Hubby said today my spare tyre is only a bicycle one now,not a digger one :D and he said I don't need to lose any more, and that i Look beautiful... I do wonder what he wants now :d

Nika said:
my Hubby said today my spare tyre is only a bicycle one now,not a digger one :D and he said I don't need to lose any more, and that i Look beautiful... I do wonder what he wants now :d

Ahh bless him!

he's worried your boobs are going to shrink!

Back