NSVs - Non Scale Victories

i bought a dress today for a girlie night out this weekend, from Dorothy perkins. I took the 16 into the changing room but it was a little bit big so thought I'd try the 14, even though it looked tiny. It fitted! I even asked the girl in the changing room if they have sneaky make-you-look-thinner-so-you-buy-the-clothes mirrors. Apparently not. In which case, I think I looked really trim. my last few purchases have been size 14, so I suppose I can't keep claiming it is generous sizing. I am a size 14. I was a 26!

i remember the first time I bought a large, I had to and ask the lady behind the counter if it looked tight because I couldn't quite believe it fitted!

I was at a municipal budget meeting last night that lasted four hours. I was wearing my new 36 inch waist trousers and my slim fit 15 inch collar. I was able to wear my suit jacket the entire evening without feeling hot and sweaty :)

I remember being so happy when my towel would finally fit round me and overlap, wooo! It's the best feeling :) xx

That's exactly how I feel! My bath towels now wrap around instead of having that unsightly gap from the tummy down.

When I was at my heaviest I couldn't find a women's belt to go around my middle. I am now wearing a ladies 'medium' belt. I can't remember ever wearing a ladies 'medium' anything! :D

Great thread by the way :D

Last edited:
Leaning slightly over a colleagues desk today to help her with casework - next think I know I feel a hand on my waist and bum lol its the girl who sits opposite walking behind me saying - Wheres ya bum gone mrs skinny lol and your waist is dipping in

I started a jive class tonight & was fit enough to keep up for 2 hours! I'm wrecked now but feel great :)

was in the asda and saw someone i haven't seen in 6 years at least (give or take) her jaw went open wide, caught her having a a second sneeky look too. lol

was in the asda and saw someone i haven't seen in 6 years at least (give or take) her jaw went open wide, caught her having a a second sneeky look too. lol

You begin to learn, that actually very few people go through these kind of life altering changes. I know i look a lot different than i used to, looking at photos its obvious, but that trivialises just how different I look to other people, and the changes you have made are even bigger.

May not be a huge thing to anyone else but this morning I got up a little earlier, and actually took the time to make some breakfast and a drink, sit at our breakfast bar, and take my time over eating it, rather than having a cereal bar on the way to work.

AND I decided to give porridge another go after deciding years ago I hated it, (admittedly it was with 2 syns of maple syrup) and really enjoyed it! Hopefully I will be nice and full until lunch time now! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Went to Primarni yesterday and got a size 14 top! Over the moon so treated myself to a cake then got home and wrote it on my food diary rather than pretending i hadnt had it!

Hubby told me my pjs look huge too - and that my jeans are falling down! Hoping I can wangle a clothes shopping trip out of this conversation...

I had at least 5 comments from different people in the dept today about how well im looking and how great I look - and to top it all before I left for work this morning son came into the kitchen and said wow check you out wearing Jeans youve not worn them for years ( He asks about my WI every week but this is the first time he has commented on my new appearance) they were my new skinny jeans :D

Texty_F said:
I had at least 5 comments from different people in the dept today about how well im looking and how great I look - and to top it all before I left for work this morning son came into the kitchen and said wow check you out wearing Jeans youve not worn them for years ( He asks about my WI every week but this is the first time he has commented on my new appearance) they were my new skinny jeans :D

Fantastic!!

Thanks chick, just hope I dont become too complacent and start slipping backwards, it was discussed in our class last night, how easy it is to do, when you lose and then think oh ill slacken off a bit ill just have this or that, and before you know it the weight creeps back on. One of the guys who was nominated had lost 7.5 stones, he in his words " got cocky" and thought he could do it alone so stopped coming to class..... In 4 months he gained 3stones of that 7.5 back

Moral of the story " for me anyway" keep at it and you must go to class :D

A bit of a random one, but this week (beginning Wed) I promised myself to up my water intake and reduce the amount of fizzy drinks I normally have. So far I've not had a single fizzy drink and have had 8-9 glasses of water each day. It's a big change for me, and I already feel so much less bloated! Hoping to keep it up :)

A bit of a random one, but this week (beginning Wed) I promised myself to up my water intake and reduce the amount of fizzy drinks I normally have. So far I've not had a single fizzy drink and have had 8-9 glasses of water each day. It's a big change for me, and I already feel so much less bloated! Hoping to keep it up :)

Well done. I really need to do this

Had yummy SW spag bol after WI last night instead of a WI night treat of a takeaway :D

Back