NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Well done. I really need to do this

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought it would be really hard, but it has actually been relatively easy. I used to drink two diet energy drinks every morning, a can of pop around 11am, a bottle of pop with my lunch, maybe another can of pop at around 3pm and then easily 2 or 3 more on an evening at home. I would drink very little or no water at all, so it's a big change.

I'm trying to only drink fizzy pop as a "treat" now, maybe a can at the weekend or something if I fancy it. And obviously when I'm out - diet mixers to go with vodka, etc.

Hoping it boosts my loss this week too :)

For the last few weeks I've struggled to stay on plan, especially in work, continually fighting (and most of the time losing) the urge to eat chocolate and crisps all day, felt like i was back where I was in october - december as I was the same then continually for the 3 months, but this time i can't to the realisation that I was still blaming myself for my Nan's death as I was then. And I went to my friend who is a fellow psychic but also a reiki master and she talked to me and gave me exercises to do. I have been practising them and have barely had cravings all week and when i did i just took a minute focused and the cravings went away. Now I know how to break my sugar cravings and i hopefully now i'll be able to stick to plan better, stop blaming myself for Nan's death and move on.

Went shopping today and tried clothes on in the changing rooms. Haven't done that for years. Didn't actually buy anything, but it was fun! Makes a nice change to fit into normal stock-size clothes and not to have to buy outsize tents just because they go on!

:party0011:

Realised today I'm no longer an 18 in New Look so can't shop in the "curvy" section now! :-D

Thanks chick, just hope I dont become too complacent and start slipping backwards, it was discussed in our class last night, how easy it is to do, when you lose and then think oh ill slacken off a bit ill just have this or that, and before you know it the weight creeps back on. One of the guys who was nominated had lost 7.5 stones, he in his words " got cocky" and thought he could do it alone so stopped coming to class..... In 4 months he gained 3stones of that 7.5 back

Moral of the story " for me anyway" keep at it and you must go to class :D

Im frightened to death of doing that so always go to group and will continue when i get to target, for me its all part of my routine ive been going for 4.5 yrs now n lost 5.5 st and ive had a baby inbetween

Im frightened to death of doing that so always go to group and will continue when i get to target, for me its all part of my routine ive been going for 4.5 yrs now n lost 5.5 st and ive had a baby inbetween

This is a really interesting point. I previously did SW, lost 1.5 stones, stopped going to class and gained it all back and more. I do SW online but have no intention of unsubscribing, as I know I need it to keep my on track.

On friday night me, my mum and dad went to a friends (from work) 40th birthday party. i was asked if i would go around taking photos (i love taking photos) so away i went. the amount of people commenting on my weight loss was unbelievable, even talking to a friends wife who only found out who i was after i had walked away, she didn't recognise me. People i work with were even shocked as they only see me in work uniform and not dressed up. i felt amazing, and for the first time in ages it didn't bother me that i had hit a plateau.

I looked in the shop window, seen my reflection, and didn't recognise myself lol,.... I avoid mirrors etc at all costs I still think myself as before my weight loss :'( but have to admit I looked Ok.

My hubby told me today my brother was telling him how proud he was of me losing the weight I have, & how I've done it sensibly & seem really committed to the long term goal. I felt really chuffed, my brother has always been very slim so I assumed he thought it would be easy - or that he'd have the same close minded views that my dad has - so I was pleasantly surprised & really chuffed :)

Going to Sainsburys, looking through their clearance clothes, finding a jumper i really liked, disappointed to see it was in medium, for a fraction of a second... I then remembered that *I* am a medium :)

I can't believe I bought 3 tops today in 2 different shops and they were all a size 10!! I reckon they must be a big fitting but absolutely delighted :) I've never been a size 10 before in my life!

Dinner at the BF's parents' house tonight, watched them all eat Ben and Jerry's pecan and caramel ice cream after without any temptaion whatsoever :eek: a couple of months ago I'd have polished off half the tub!

I can't believe I bought 3 tops today in 2 different shops and they were all a size 10!! I reckon they must be a big fitting but absolutely delighted :) I've never been a size 10 before in my life!

Don't put yourself down,!! They might of been a small fitting size 10 lol

Going to Sainsburys, looking through their clearance clothes, finding a jumper i really liked, disappointed to see it was in medium, for a fraction of a second... I then remembered that *I* am a medium :)
Also had similar to his at gig tonight, asked to see large but it looked huge so got medium, used to be able to get t-shirts at gigs as even the biggest didnt fit

Also had similar to his at gig tonight, asked to see large but it looked huge so got medium, used to be able to get t-shirts at gigs as even the biggest didnt fit

lol, only a pound difference in our loses... Isnt it good to be so near where we want to be? I love the shock that people have on their faces, they say "wow, you've lost weight", and they ask you how much, I always say "guess".

It usually starts around 3, i say higher much higher it then gets to 5, i give them one more go and tell them 8 1/2. The chin very rarely doesnt hit the floor.

Buying regular clothes is a revelation. The shirts look so small on the rack, how could they possibly fit?

I am sure the situation is the same for big women, you stop choosing things that you want, and instead choose things that fit. Not many trousers come in 52 inch, and not many t shirts come in xxxl.

Back