NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I ran home from work today - 12 miles. I've run that distance a few times before but realising that I've run home from work, which seems so far away in the car, made me feel really proud :)

Well done to everyone for all your great NSVs! :)

After having been a size 24-26 for a long time I am now starting to get into some size 16s. To many people this is still pretty fat, but to me it is a great victory. I can't remember when I was last a size 16. Perhaps fifteen years ago when I lost a lot of weight and went on a fitness kick as I was approaching 50! It didn't last very long though! I have had problems with being overweight all my life, even from a child. I have been married for over 40 years and even my wedding dress, aged 23, was a size 18!

So, I was absolutely delighted when I recently bought a dress to 'slim into' in an 18 and I have now had to go back to the shop and get it in a 16!

I can't begin to describe how wonderful that makes me feel at my age! :D I even bought myself a lovely pair of neat court shoes with a heel to go with it, and they weren't even wide-fitting either! I haven't been able to wear anything with a heel for years, simply because they felt so uncomfortable as my feet couldn't take my huge weight on a heel!

I was in such despair over my steadily-increasing weight that when I retired I even bought myself a mobility scooter! I didn't get on with it however and I have since ditched it and now I can walk everywhere without the terrible backaches I used to get! I am hoping that this year, instead of being just another year in retirement for me, will be an opportunity for me to start enjoying life again before it is too late!

Good luck to everyone who is losing weight and dealing with their problems. Take it from me, you are doing the BEST thing you could ever do for yourselves! No matter how hard it feels, keep it up!

:D XX

A size 18 was tight when I started SW in June last year. Yesterday I tried in a size 12 jeans, and they fit! Never thought is ever wear a 12, honestly thought I was supposed to be 'fat'!, haven't been this slim since before I left school!

A size 18 was tight when I started SW in June last year. Yesterday I tried in a size 12 jeans, and they fit! Never thought is ever wear a 12, honestly thought I was supposed to be 'fat'!, haven't been this slim since before I left school!

Awesome! Well done you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I find this thread so inspiring and motivating :) well done everyone!

I'm probably going to sound mean and horrible but....... Just gonna back from tesco, a girl works there who I was in school with she always took mick about my weight, the weight she's put on!!! I am positively model material next to her, felt good I have to admit ;) x

Isn't it a fantastic feeling!! One I'm not going to forget x

I'm probably going to sound mean and horrible but....... Just gonna back from tesco, a girl works there who I was in school with she always took mick about my weight, the weight she's put on!!! I am positively model material next to her, felt good I have to admit ;) x

heehee it feels really good when the tables are turned!

It does feel good lol

[h=5]The feeling when you go into a shop, pick up the medium t shirts and sweaters, and buy them without trying them on, because you know they'll fit.[/h]

Well done to everyone for all your great NSVs! :)

After having been a size 24-26 for a long time I am now starting to get into some size 16s. To many people this is still pretty fat, but to me it is a great victory. I can't remember when I was last a size 16. Perhaps fifteen years ago when I lost a lot of weight and went on a fitness kick as I was approaching 50! It didn't last very long though! I have had problems with being overweight all my life, even from a child. I have been married for over 40 years and even my wedding dress, aged 23, was a size 18!

So, I was absolutely delighted when I recently bought a dress to 'slim into' in an 18 and I have now had to go back to the shop and get it in a 16!

I can't begin to describe how wonderful that makes me feel at my age! :D I even bought myself a lovely pair of neat court shoes with a heel to go with it, and they weren't even wide-fitting either! I haven't been able to wear anything with a heel for years, simply because they felt so uncomfortable as my feet couldn't take my huge weight on a heel!

I was in such despair over my steadily-increasing weight that when I retired I even bought myself a mobility scooter! I didn't get on with it however and I have since ditched it and now I can walk everywhere without the terrible backaches I used to get! I am hoping that this year, instead of being just another year in retirement for me, will be an opportunity for me to start enjoying life again before it is too late!

Good luck to everyone who is losing weight and dealing with their problems. Take it from me, you are doing the BEST thing you could ever do for yourselves! No matter how hard it feels, keep it up!

:D XX

That's really inspirational, well done, you've done great x

Currently sat in office while everyone around me tucks into fresh egg,bacon and sausage breakfast baps...and im eating a muller light! Resisting!!

went in the shop, snickers limited edition extra caramel right by the till,...........STILL there when I left, result!! :)

Brilliant NSV! Well done. :)

Gallifreya, your NSV really made me smile. Congratulations on such a wonderful achievement. Enjoy every second of your new life. x

Back