NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Accosted at group last night by someone who it turns out works with an ex-colleague (he's known me for about 20 years, and most of that time I've been huge). She'd told him I was in her group and had lost quite a bit - he said Naaah, she hasn't, then happened to bump into me a couple of weeks ago. He went back to the office and said to her it was a good thing she'd warned him as he'd never have recognised me! (it did help she was saying this at the top of her voice so the whole group heard, too). Having had an absolutely ... pants ... weekend and a wasted 2 days off, it really made my week!

My fitness fanatic uncle said 'wow, you're looking great, you've lost weight haven't you?' When I hadn't seen him in a couple of months :)

I was ironing a pair of jeans, I thought they were my sons, NO they were mine!! They looked so small ( well to me anyway) :) X

It was an all day meeting at work today with a giant buffet table filled with crisps, cake, chocolate, sausage rolls etc. I ate carrot sticks and had one single small square of caramel shortbread, as well as the fruit salad and syn free lunch I took in with me. I am feeling very proud of myself today.

It was an all day meeting at work today with a giant buffet table filled with crisps, cake, chocolate, sausage rolls etc. I ate carrot sticks and had one single small square of caramel shortbread, as well as the fruit salad and syn free lunch I took in with me. I am feeling very proud of myself today.

Very impressive. Massively hard not to cave in so well done.

2 for me - the 1st - Fish and Chip day on the section at work yesterday - I had 1/2 a portion of chips whilst everyone tucked into fish and chips with mushy peas and bread and butter

The 2nd - being told by my hairdresser today - I can tell you have lost loads of weight, it may be time to think of a change of style to suit your thinner look

Texty if you fancied a battered fishcake they're only 7 syns so you could have one of those with mushy peas, yummy! xx

Wearing a jumper today that has been too small since I bought it! Couldn't wear the first top I put on as its too big now! :)

Been on a course today n the lady brought in choc biscs, malt loaf n tangerines.......i went straight to the tangerines n just had 2 of them.....so proud of me!

Had 2 people complimenting me on my weight loss today at work :) Really starting to notice a difference myself, want my 1 stone on Wednesday!!

Found gluten free chocolate digestives (Which would be my first biscuits since feb 2012) and I only ate 2 (6.5 syns) when in the past I would have eaten the whole box easily! Super looking forward to my next 2 tomorrow night! :greenapple::D

bumped into an old work colleague in the supermarket who i havent seen in about 3 years, she couldnt stop staring at me and exclaiming how brilliant i look!must admit it felt fab! :)

Gave blood yesterday n chose a special k cereal bar over the usual biscuits! Ive also noticed since loosing weight they have no problems finding a good vein which also means no nasty looking bruise!

I managed to lose 1lb over my birthday week - whoop! Chose sushi lunch & a Thai restaurant dinner (off sw plan for the day) & had 3 G&(slimline!)T's so still pretty good over all - in the past I'd have had a week of dominos, Chinese, Indian etc as well as cake and biscuits & alcohol 'because it's my birthday'

At weekend I built new wardrobes and i when i put all my stuff back in I put all my work trousers together, even though 2 pairs fit and 2 pairs don't....anyway, i was running late this morning and just pulled a pair off the hanger, just been in the toilets and noticed the tab on the back, they are a pair of the size 14's that didn't fit not the 16's i usually wear. Apparently the size 14 ones fit now.

Last edited:
At weekend I built new wardrobes and i when i put all my stuff back in I put all my work trousers together, even though 2 pairs fit and 2 pairs don't....anyway, i was running late this morning and just pulled a pair off the hanger, just been in the toilets and noticed the tab on the back, they are a pair of the size 14's that didn't fit not the 16's i usually wear. Apparently the size 14 ones fit now.
Yay! That's great! Can't wait till I drop a size. :D

Back