NSVs - Non Scale Victories

After a hideously offplan couple of weeks, my dentist (!!) commented on my weightloss and asked my secret. Definitely put a smile on my face.

There's a huge jar of Quality Streets in the office today, they were brought in by a student for us..everyone else has been scoffing and I'm not even tempted! :)

Today's NSV - I just bumped into a very good friend of mine and OHs whilst in Eldon Square, could only really say a brief hello, but could tell he hadnt realised who i was straight away. anyway, 10 mins later I received a text saying "since when did you weigh like 7 stone, no wonder I didn't recognise you!!"

Bless him, he is an utter sweetheart and knows I've been dieting etc, but was a lovely boost when I'm having a period based fat day (belly feels enormous!!) and was briefly considering sodding it and having a panini for lunch haha!! But no panini for me!! Going to have an on plan lunch today and stick to syns if it kills me!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not sure if it's technically a NSV but my sister realised last week that, between us, we've lost more than her 7 year-old daughter weighs. I keep imagining her wrapped around our waists!! Nice to see the number on the scales going down but it's not until you can compare it to something like this, that you really realise how much you've lost!

I squeezed between 2 people (stood in the bloody way! Lol) and didn't even touch either of them as I went through :) the gap looked small to me!

I lost 1lb this week, but that's not it - I turned it around midweek after a bad start following a gain last week. Basically, we got a new telly, and it said on the box it weighed 60lbs, and I thought "Blimey, that's about what I've lost" and I couldn't lift it. I just couldn't do it alone, needed my bloke to help me, and he found it difficult too and I just couldn't believe I used to spend my life with that on me, every moment of every day. I knew that second I can't gain that weight back, I need to keep on because I never want to feel like that again

I love this NSV! Well done on your loss.

ok so I feel a bit weird saying this and I cannot remember the last time I felt this way... I don't have a full length mirror at home and avoid them! I have a pair of black jeggings which I have been told look great on me but I have never been sure (they are a size smaller than I was in January)... was in Tesco today and had a peek in the mirror and guess what... I actually look pretty good in my jeggings and had a moment of feeling great!

Went to my grans for food yesterday and turned down homemade cheesecake, tiramisu, chocolate log and hot cross buns. Was even better when 3 different people said how different i looked in group tonight. Can't stop smiling :D

Went to my grans for food yesterday and turned down homemade cheesecake, tiramisu, chocolate log and hot cross buns. Was even better when 3 different people said how different i looked in group tonight. Can't stop smiling :D

Wow! You have some determination! Well done!

Just been to buy new work trousers. Got a few pairs all in a size 12 and they're actually a bit loose on me :)

Am so pleased!!! Haven't worn size 12 trousers for years!! X

Back