NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My hairdresser commented that I'd lost weight and was looking good today :)

Over the moon about that :)

I wore a dress today without feeling the need to wear chub-rub shorts underneath. I think when it gets really hot and sunny I will still want them to stop too much chaffing, but it was a revelation to be properly bare-legged!

Great thread! Mine today was my Husband telling me I'm doing really well and.. My face isn't chubby anymore! Lol
in size 14's at the moment, can't wait to get back into my 12's and then into all the new size 10's I have bought :)

:) Feels good when other people say what you want to hear, because it's true rather than because it's what they think you want to hear! You'll be in those 10s in no time! I'm just feeling chuffed to be in size 14s, and today I experienced what for many people must be a 'normal' shopping trip, going to Primark and picking up a few t-shirts from THE MIDDLE of the racks and knowing that they would fit, rather than rummaging at the back and dreading not being able to squeeze into them :)

...when you clear up a HUGE backlog of laundry (I've been sick so it's piled up) and you look at some of your tops and think, this is WAY too big for me, who do I know who I can give this to?

S7.jpg
S14.jpg
S21.jpg
S28.jpg
Som_April.jpg
Club10.jpg

My NSV is small but mighty for me. I went to to get refreshments during the break at a little play my nieces & nephews were involved in. Before SW I would have begged my OH to go for me so I wouldn't have to walk past so many people; I didn't even think about it until my husband pointed it out to me this evening!

I would never have classed myself as shy before SW nor would I have said my size held me back- quite the opposite! I am a huge champion of body confidence at whatever size. I only really started SW to help start a family, not for looks or anything but the unexpected benefits are amazing, I feel like a fully functional person now. Such a rambling post, I know, but I had to share :)

I just did boot camp and went on the treadmill before to warm up. I ran for 12 minutes straight at 10km an hour and felt great! I could have easily continued but I had to stop as the class was ready to start! So proud of myself as thats the longest I've ever run none stop in my life and it was a nice comfortable pace! Im doing race for life on 21st july and if I can keep that up I should be able to completw it in 30 minutes which would be amazing! :) so proud of myself!! Xx

Just sat while others were eating sandwiches and chips.... and making lovely cheese and chip sarnies.... and I didn't have a single chip. I just kept thinking about my planned syns at home and how I could make it for free at home using my healthy extra's

Had a massive NSV today

Its gorgeous and sunny here today so as it casual dress day i decided to wear a denim skirt decided to try my size 12 as nearly a stone i lost and wanted wear dark denim and my 14 is light and got one on was so happy....went down stair asked sister to make sure was a 12 and it was.....................a 10 :) :) :) happiest ever!! x

Last night when was getting ready to go out I felt like my jeans were looser on me, hubby commented without prompting that I looked like had gone down a dress size or something and was changing shape(not sure what he knows about dress sizes but I'll take it as a compliment!) and then I think this spurred me on for more nsv's....I didn't drink when we were out despite being nagged too, didn't stop off for takeaway despite being hungry and hubby has gone to Mcd's for hangover food and I have just had a coffee this morning :D

Just boarded my flight with Emirates for a work trip, reporting from the plane!

I remember just after joining SW in December making a note of the slack in the seatbelt on an Emirates flight- none! I was an inch away from needing to ask for a fatty belt :/
Today, 6 months later and 3.5 stone lighter, there is about 6 inches of slack! I knew from measurements that I'd lost that off my tum but hadnt noticed it visually- this feels awesome!! :D

Just boarded my flight with Emirates for a work trip, reporting from the plane!

I remember just after joining SW in December making a note of the slack in the seatbelt on an Emirates flight- none! I was an inch away from needing to ask for a fatty belt :/
Today, 6 months later and 3.5 stone lighter, there is about 6 inches of slack! I knew from measurements that I'd lost that off my tum but hadnt noticed it visually- this feels awesome!! :D

Well done!!

First NSV - this is a very attractive one too...

Shaving my legs in the bath and i did not have to hold my breath to get my body twisted enough to reach my legs... *small acorns etc*

First NSV - this is a very attractive one too...

Shaving my legs in the bath and i did not have to hold my breath to get my body twisted enough to reach my legs... *small acorns etc*

Lol, nice to see someone be so honest.

Well done hun, huge achievement x

Lol, nice to see someone be so honest.

Well done hun, huge achievement x

Thanks,

I feel so comfortable here I know no one will judge me so I can boast about shaving legs in comfort lol

Out of all the supermarkets for clothes shopping i find that Sainsbury's selection are true to size.

I bought a size 20 pair of linen trousers expecting it to fit properly.

I got home tried it on and it was perfect. I thought i would save it for the next day when i was popping out.

Oh lord , it was the worst and best time.

Worst because i spent the best part of the day pulling up my trousers to stop them from falling down my donkey bottom and the best time because .. well everyone loves the feeling of clothes that are slightly too big for them :D ......

I started back in April last year and lost 3.5 stone but i was not doing exercise. I stopped in October and packed on the weight again. I restarted in April this year on ee plan but the scales were not moving. In May this year i went back to green and started incorparating exercise and increasing my water intake.
The scales have stated to move down , 2lb a time but i am pleased it's going down. I just had a 4lb loss this morning so i am more pleased.

I have set myself a target of losing at least 4lb in the next 3 weeks - not a lot but achieveable with no pressure.

Anyway i am rambling on . I am just happy i guess.

I love this thread , it's the little victories that keep us going :) ...

Take care everyone :D ...

Back