NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I'm on a 30 day challenge this month not to weigh myself.

However, I pulled out a box of trousers far too tight for me (could only get them up to my thighs when I started SW) and I tried them all on today and they fit! :D

Just left my engagement ring in to be resized, gone from an S to an N, which I'm told is about an average size. I'm not average sized in anything except shoes

Tried on some topshop leggings that button up in a 12 before SW and they didn't fit

bought a size 10 of the same pair on sat :D :happy036:

Wore the leggings I posted about before again today, sort of a boo and a victory as I've lost 3.5lb since and now they are starting to feel a bit big! A NSV but also frustrating as I love them haha :cry:. The size smaller is 8 and I haven't wore size 8 bottoms for 5 years so I'm classing this as NSV :D

I went out last night and a friend noticed I'd lost weight - he made me do a twirl! Which I was happy to do because he made me feel good - that's the first person to really say something and it felt so good. Hooray for NSVs!

I've had loads of NSV's recently :)

- 2 of the mum's from school commented on how good I'm looking.
- Dad calling me Twiggy lol.
- My skinny jeans are now huge round the waist.
- My pyjama bottoms are doing a great job at falling down!
- Tried on a size 12 coat the other day and it fit perfectly!
- I managed a 45 min bike ride easily (first time in years!) last week. Off out on another this morning.

Can't think of any more at the mo!

Xx

Hi all, finally finding myself crawling my way back to SW :wave_cry:
Went on a vlc style diet last year with a weight loss consultant and lost 5 1/2 stone in the 6 months, which was a bit more than half way to my goal. Couldn't stand it anymore, exhausted, tired and lacking enthusiasm as weight-loss slowed down to 1 - 2 lbs per week. The specific consultant I was with did agree that I do have problems with my metabolism. Needless to say I put most of it back on and got so depressed.
Anyways, I'm back and today decided to work with a nsv approach. Now this is very interesting I saw this very very interesting post on "MotiveWeight" - it's an animated gif so hopefully it will attach here.
It really is great to be back albeit scary - no more sinking a glass of wine and telling myself I'll get myself sorted soon!!
Scales2.png

Last edited:
Another NSVS for me - I haven't worn jeans much recently with the weather being warmer but it's miserable out this evening so on getting home from work I pulled on a pair that were a struggle last time I wore them and they slid on easily!

My glasses won't stop falling off my face! Rather nice because I haven't noticed any loose clothes or anything so it's a good feeling to know it's coming off somewhere, but darn it the glasses are only 2 months old!

I bought a size 10 pair of jeggings yesterday :D

Feeling like I've lost my shelf arse....not sorry to see that go!!

After gaining a stone while travelling for 3 months and feeling really fat and disappointed with myself on return, I'm pleased to say I got STRAIGHT back on plan from the first day back and have already lost half of the gain in the first week!

Damn I missed Slimming World while away! Nothing like 3 months of eating out 3x a day to make you miss your own healthy cooking :D

My glasses won't stop falling off my face! Rather nice because I haven't noticed any loose clothes or anything so it's a good feeling to know it's coming off somewhere, but darn it the glasses are only 2 months old!

Lol I have this problem too I'm surprised I've not broken them x

My hands are less swollen up every morning almost look human again

Challenged myself to learning how to do a handstand today and managed- wahey! I was never able to as a kid...
But what felt more of an NSV was how I thought "While I'm at it, I wonder if I can still crab?" and it was so easy! Last time I tried to crab many years ago at my heaviest it was nearly impossible and I had to support some weight with my head- this time I made a really big bridge and with 0 effort! :D

A stone lighter, my bras are now MASSIVE on me :eek: i've always hated being big chested and it's the last place my weight goes off so it shows it's finally going :D

Saw myself in a full length mirror Nd didn't hate my reflection.

I know that sounds dramatic but I'm sure some of you can relate! X

I have 2 NSV's today -
1) Fit into a dress I bought five years ago when I originally started dieting. It was my 'goal' dress, and it finally zipped up today!
2) I know this is really bad, but when I gained I never actually bought new bras. They still kind of fit me but I'd literally wear them when I went out and as soon as I was home they came off and I had big red marks where they were too tight.. I think it was the mentality that if I started buying for my size I'd never get up and start trying to lose it.. Now, they're tooooo big! So I have to go treat myself :) 38EE to 34D:D

Really surprised by todays NSV. My book keeper came in to see me today and I was talking to a member of staff and had my back to the door. She caught the eye of the member of staff to ask her where I was! She didnt realise I was standing right in front of her. When I turned around, her jaw dropped and said she really genuinely hadnt realised it was me! Its only been 2 months since I last saw her, so I was really surprised at her reaction!

Back